Takeover complete?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
admin
Site Admin

So Dagenham and Redbridge official Twitter have started following AGP Steel on Twitter and the family stand is now called the AGP Steel stand (for the record AGP Steel is Glenn Tamplin's company). Does this basically mean we've been taken over?
dagger4eva

Not yet but what it does mean is it's a couple more of Tamplin's toes under the table.

This will be another PR sweetener in his cap to go along with the 5k charity sponsorship.

All done to influence the vote to get his feet fully under.

The fact this is another thing done without the club making an official announcement should get people questioning as to why.....

More underhand tactics if ever I've seen them!!
rachel1

dagger4eva wrote: The fact this is another thing done without the club making an official announcement should get people questioning as to why.....
Talking of official statements... Jamie Cureton?
Diggerthedog

rachel1 wrote:
dagger4eva wrote: The fact this is another thing done without the club making an official announcement should get people questioning as to why.....
Talking of official statements... Jamie Cureton?
Cureton was released no new contract offered? What announcement you waiting for?
ARNU

Well it shows intent.How many stands is Goodwin sponsoring ??

Whoever gets this club will make no financial return,given that I say let Mr Tampax have it,from what I understand he offered a shit load of money,who knows,it will prolong our lives for a few years at least.Or give it to the ex players little gang who offered far less.No brainer for me.

Money talks !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

Arnu,

Its all very well and good saying Tamplin has offered a bundle of cash but look at it logically for 1 moment.

Consortium offer = 51% share for £200k

Tamplin offer = 80% (TOTAL CONTROL) for £250k

The fact Tamplin has 'promised' a further 1mil over the subsequent 4 years is a nonsense. He has or will have complete control so if he doesnt pay the further 1 mil who's to argue or demand that he does??? Is he going to ******** sue himself??

Also, you would like to think any self respecting wannabee football club owner worth £45,000,000 should be able and willing to commit the whole 1.25mil up front or at least with the majority in an escrow account..... no???
Why the desire to only offer to pay in instalments?? Would you be willing to sell your house to someone in a similar fashion?

Im not saying all other options open to us right now are perfect but Tamplins involvement and the way the club are sneakily trying to get him on board tells me that his option is by far the least desirable open to us!!!
ARNU

You could see it that a man worth considerably more might be able to put more in if it were necessary. The consortium when their money is gone I'd imagine it's gone. I say give it a go. He's got a thankless task, he'll have haters from the off. Even I'm calling him tampax and I like the sound of the guy.. Anyone worth 45 mil is obviously someone with a bit of business acumen.
Voice of reason

[quote="ARNU"]You could see it that a man worth considerably more might be able to put more in if it were necessary. The consortium when their money is gone I'd imagine it's gone. I say give it a go. He's got a thankless task, he'll have haters from the off. Even I'm calling him tampax and I like the sound of the guy.. Anyone worth 45 mil is obviously someone with a bit of business acumen.[/quote]

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history
Look at the filing dated 03 Sep 2014 Return of final Meeting and click on View PDF
dagger4eva

Worth 45 million - says who ....

And what exactly is it about him you like, the fact he has bust out 3 companies to the tune of 2.25mil - the fact he's only trying to buy his "boyhoodclub" - or perhaps you just fancy getting youself a part in TOWIE :D
mickeyblue

we need to get this to the members asap so we can get full facts of deal etc and not just hearsay.

i read or heard somewhere that is was 250k for intitial stake and gets 55% then more % every year for 200k per year?

plus all the current mob stay so of course they all would like this.

me personally dont think either are the answer
but we finished 9th!
Mark

Where do you get the idea we need money ARNU? Thomo says we don't whilst simultaneously trying to sell us.
mickeyblue

thompson said we dont need money? i must of missed that bit.

he did say john still said with the budget offered it would be hard to compete at top end
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

Dunno what all the fuss is about. He's willing to pump huge amounts of money into the club, we've had a diet of shit football since 2011 and we are in the conference with no money and no doubt dwindling gates. What's the worst that could happen ? We go bust a bit later than we are due to is all I can see.
dagger4eva

£250k for 80%

It really isnt difficult (even for you) to grasp, Arnu .....
Auntie Merge

ARNU wrote:Dunno what all the fuss is about. He's willing to pump huge amounts of money into the club, we've had a diet of shit football since 2011 and we are in the conference with no money and no doubt dwindling gates. What's the worst that could happen ? We go bust a bit later than we are due to is all I can see.
We don't need to go bust at all if we do, as we have done since our inception, and live within our means.
I'd much rather be non league and living within our means than being football league and threatening the very future and integrity of our club.

Win yes but not at any cost, not at any price, and not by putting the very future of our club at risk.
If you think attendances or income might be low in the Conference National, there are many divisions below us at which it is much worse.
Without investment we still have the ability to compete at conference national level. We might end up with mid table obscurity, but I'd rather have that and still be a members club than anything else. To me, that's what's being a Dagger is all about. Working hard, playing above the level of ability and anything is possible.