Not really sure what to do.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

A strange experience,a home win in which we bossed the game from start to finish.

Were we excellent and Southport poor or a bit of both ?

I think we looked sharp but I'm sure well meet better.

I was entertained,not too much hoof either although Hawkins gets his head on everything so maybe it wont be the problem I normally associate with it.

Very good,more please. :D
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Same debate on the way home... Now I'm back I'm well in the "we were outstanding" group...

Poor opposition but not expecting them to be anywhere near the worst... Let's see Tuesday as Chester started with a 3-0 defeat.

Need to face a team that puts us under pressure to see how we defend but that attacking side is surely as good as anyone in this division... Guttridge in his element, Hawkins winning almost everything and the guts out wide not just full of tricks but final balls too
NBDag

Thought our top three were very good. Hawkins will definitely do well at this level. Although Maguire-Drew's penalty was dreadful. How we didn't get a penalty in the first half for that handball as well I don't know. Only players that didn't convince me today was Robson in defence who had a few strange moments on the ball.

What is signing Benson about btw? Don't see what he is going to bring to us. Looks like if we're signing players now too the takeover malarkey must be sorted.

And finally- when was the last time we won 3-0 in a league game. Feels like ages since we've bossed a game like that. Could get used to non-league.
Adrian

It was like watching the Dagenham I remember. Worked hard, got stuck in, always looked to go forward.

Guttridge was so important. Constantly talking to the 3 inexperienced players in front of him and helping them out. Smart finish for his goal too.

Benno being back is excellent news. He can help the inexperienced forwards and gives us someone we know can finish as an option.
A S dagger97

We beat crawley last season 3-0. But bossing a game the way we did is certainly something we have missed for a while. Time will tell weather or not we are good enough defenively to compete against the stronger sides or will we just try to out score them.

Benno may just be here for the experience but don't know anything about the other lad. I'd have expected more defensive additions to be priority rather than 2 more strikers tho. I can see us coming close to top 6 if we keep the high standard. Who knows?

More of the same please
COYD!!
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
SUSSEX DAGGER

NBDag wrote:Thought our top three were very good. Hawkins will definitely do well at this level. Although Maguire-Drew's penalty was dreadful. How we didn't get a penalty in the first half for that handball as well I don't know. Only players that didn't convince me today was Robson in defence who had a few strange moments on the ball.

What is signing Benson about btw? Don't see what he is going to bring to us. Looks like if we're signing players now too the takeover malarkey must be sorted.

And finally- when was the last time we won 3-0 in a league game. Feels like ages since we've bossed a game like that. Could get used to non-league.
In fairness to the Lad Robson he is playing out of posistion ,he played at full back for Bognor. Pernell is a big big blow his second half at Bristol Rovers proved how good he is going to be.

Really enjoyed that this afternoon and the applause the players got at the end I have not heard for a while.
Looks like the Gaffas demands for the Players to re-engage with supporters is already being shown and the fans appreciation at the end for the effort was my highlight of the day
Auntie Merge

Agree with most of the above.
I thought Bouchard looked like a different player today.
ARNU

Boucard is a good player,just Burnetts scapegoat. Burnetts gone give him a chance now plz!
Mark

Boucaud looks thinner and fitter. He covered more ground than we are used to seeing. He also wasn't pressured much which gave him time to play. He did very well.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:Boucard is a good player,just Burnetts scapegoat. Burnetts gone give him a chance now plz!
Always technically very good, but never a captain.

Decent performance today. Looked like a team.with a plan and a few talented and motivated players. Early days and I get the impression Southport aren't the best but promising.

You need a new line though ARNU, Johnny Hoof is redundant.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:Boucard is a good player,just Burnetts scapegoat. Burnetts gone give him a chance now plz!
How was he Burnetts scapegoat?

As for giving players a chance,what about Guttridge?
leewilson

Boucaud linked very well with Guttridge today which is promising. I certainly think he's useful in games against teams like Southport where we have most of the ball and precise passing into space is needed to break teams down. I'm still unsure whether he is the answer as one of the two in front of the back 4 when we play better sides.
ARNU

Bit to early to change it to Johnny pass just yet. Don't mind hoofball when done properly. Every ball to Hawkins hits his head but not the midgets played last season. You can see the plan though, hoof or cross it to Hawkins , looked good in pre season and paid off today. No complaints here.
stanton101

Can't have any complaints about today, everyone did their bit. Special mention goes out to Doey who marshalled the defence really well, how we missed him last season! Southport were truly dreadful, and apart from a five ten minute spell in the second half were a well beaten side. We will surely meet far better sides as the season progresses, but a great start and roll on Chester.
Dagdale

What a most enjoyable day, even after the first five minutes no way did I feel Port would become a threat to us, they just looked like a side finishing a hard long slogged out season, no bite or anything to build up on, but our boys were magnificent today, Okenabirhie surely has some future for us if he carries on playing and hitting the net so well, Hawk looks now so more up for rattling the net too, and without a good second half spell from Belford their goalie it could and should have been a 6-0 job. Only real downer was the bad penalty shot but JMD far made up in other areas as an outstanding contribution to the final result. Every daggers attack was so exciting because you felt they could quite easily grab another, and another..... Chester getting hammered away today will be interesting viewing Tuesday night now, boys will be right up against it but looking at our team from today we can easily follow it on!