Leaflets/Commercial Side

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

I was one of the many volunteers at the game today, handing out leaflets alerting the rest of the Daggers supporters what is going on.
Needless to say, a good response was given by all the supporters coming in as I said 'here is some news about the club' 'or here is what is going on at the club'.

It made me think... when was the last time ANYONE stood as we did today, handing out leaflets or information about the SOCIAL events in the club? You know, a family night in the main hall, live music, a quiz night, end of season presentation (!), special drinks or beer offers, anything else? The only people who have ever approached me as I've come into the ground over the past few years have been charities and bucket collections.

I am sure, that if this 'hand-selling' of events was taking place, with a help of a few volunteers like today, we would increase the number of people at such events. It would also help rebuild some of the club, and bring in some much needed cash too. The people who come to the games are already customers of the Daggers. Statistics show that it is 80% easier to sell to an established customer v 20% to find a new one. We need to be marketing things to the people who already come to the club. If the events are good, they will bring in new people, who might in turn come to the football.

(One point, that if Tamplin takes over, I will volunteer F all).
Paul from Barking

Good idea, Auntie
ARNU

You should be applauded for your efforts and I'm sure they weren't in vain. Any efforts made in this direction have to be a good thing. I would say though As soon as you start spouting club politics you'll turn most people off I think. I'd guess a hardcore group of about 30 or 40 might buy it, nobody else cares that much as long as they get days and results like yesterday from time to time. Well done though.( you missed me I didn't see a leaflet)
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

In Chelmsford town centre this week there were kids handing out flyers with their fixture list, season ticket and match day prices on them.
mickeyblue

yeah go up the heathway the kids are stealing mugging and smoking.
but we finished 9th!