Oh well

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
IanC

1 down
NBDag

What's more worrying for me is that we have 3 strikers on our substitutes bench. Is our squad depth really that bad that we can't even get a defender on the bench?
Pondfield Dagger

2-0 down we are sh*t!!!!
stanton101

We were ok going forward on Saturday, but were never tested at the back. Seems like we're being tested tonight and not up to it. Still early doors yet.
Alan

I blame Tamplin.
stanton101

3-0 and that hot headed numpty is sent off.
redboy

How the f#ck does someone of his experience commit two bad fouls within a minute? Well Saturday's pleasure was short lived.
Alan

stanton101 wrote:3-0 and that hot headed numpty is sent off.
No he wasn't. Sky have it wrong, he was subbed for Assombolonga.
SUSSEX DAGGER

We'll talk about after the Lord Mayors show.

Very very disappointing we never got going and were two nil down before we knew where we were.

Want to look at the first two goals again , very very poor defending and at first look the Goalkeeper has to do better ,the fact he did nothing on both made it even more disappointing.

Turning point was when Mcgiire Drew finally got free just before half time put it straight on Ollies head who hits the Goalkeeper, either side and we are back in it.

The third goal was as bad as any we let in last year , after that there was no way back.

Oh well things are sent to try us
Mike the Dagger

It is traditional to lose on the first Tuesday of the season, the lads must have thought it was League Cup first round day.

The fact that the BBC are still reporting Gutteridge sent off in the 54th minute tells you the difference between the FL and Conference coverage. Presumably whoever was doing the PA feed pressed the wrong button or something.

Ah well!
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:It is traditional to lose on the first Tuesday of the season, the lads must have thought it was League Cup first round day.

The fact that the BBC are still reporting Gutteridge sent off in the 54th minute tells you the difference between the FL and Conference coverage. Presumably whoever was doingteh PA feed pressed teh wrong button or something.

Ah well!
PA are no longer sending people to conference games, the likes of Sky and beeb are relying on rubbish sources expect many inaccuracies throughout the season.
Mike the Dagger

BBC report (now corrected, hurrah) is stating "Report supplied by the Press Association."

Welcome to the National League!
Dagdale

First 5 to 10 minutes Chester up against a more confident daggers as of Saturday I believe they'd have melted and been defeated, that good lob of a goal their first by what looked like the smallest man on the pitch breed straightaway a more confident home side, followed soon by a really good second too, like many in the away section believed a goal before half time might just give the lads an edge come second half, to no avail of course, but progressing through second period we witnessed the ball in midfield areas going straight AWOL and to them bad concentration and off they went on attack and lost count how many times that was happening, and even before third we knew it was gone, such a shame as should imagine everyone of us there believed no way was that gonna be the final outcome come pre-match beer. If I could put a trigger on it think most of the time we only had the one striker right up front and Fejiri seemed to be sitting back more, Benno tried to give it a good go but our backs were right against it by the time he came on. Players looked pretty gutted come end and just hope Game 1 becomes like game 3 again at Guiseley and they put things right. Good support though considering the distance and it certainly makes a bob or two with tourism.
Diggerthedog

After getting in at 4am and having done half a days work I can finally post a match report.

It was shit, end of topic. Onto the next one.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mike the Dagger wrote:BBC report (now corrected, hurrah) is stating "Report supplied by the Press Association."

Welcome to the National League!
Dont think we can chuck many stones about mis -reporting I see our own match report on the website has Whitley down as a Sub. He was not, the two unused subs were Cousins and Raymond, the new lad sat in the stands with us.

Makes you wonder how all these Strikers are going to fit in , even more puzzling when you can only name 5 subs and one of them is certain to be a goalkeeper.

Still scratching my head over last night, at times it was as poor as anything we saw last season , we simply did not look anything like we did Saturday.

Suddenly we have a team of footballers and once that team of cloggers got into our faces last night we seemed to be a little apprehensive. The refree was very lenient in my view and lost count how many times they went through the back of our players, their number 3 was long overdue a booking before it finally arrived mid way through the second half.

Simply got to comment into the quality of the pitch, which for an opening game of the season was shocking. It did even look even in many places certainly was never going to help any team trying to pass on it.

We are going to need to toughen up in a number of areas as I think Chester will not be the last team to employ such methods on us.

All in all very disappointing after Saturdays effort , but this could be a clear sign as top what is coming and I am already wondering how many times this season we will see two totally displays from one game to the next.