SAVE OUR CLUB - SAY NO TO TAMPLIN

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

The board cannot reject offers. They can refuse to make it easy but if the members took it on themselves to call an egm and vote for the East consortium that is all that's needed.
Alan

mickeyblue wrote:the east's offer has been rejected so is not even on the table as far as im aware or am i completly wrong here?

only offer that is going to the members is tamplins.
The Easts garnered enough members to file a notice forcing the board to call an EGM to allow members to vote on their offer.

The club have delayed calling that EGM until after the Tamplin group which includes the chairman and another director, have been given access to all of the members at an informal meeting at which they will be asked to say informally if they support the Tamplin bid. Only then, once the chairman knows if his group stand a chance of winning, is the chairman proposing to send the notice of the EGM. Personally, I don't see why the notice cannot be sent beforehand.

As I have said above, in my view, if the club is allowing club facilities and money to be spent on one of the bidders sending communications to and holding informal meetings with the members to present their proposal ahead of the EGM, this is grossly unfair and might well be a misuse of club funds.
Chigwellian

Alan wrote:
mickeyblue wrote:the east's offer has been rejected so is not even on the table as far as im aware or am i completly wrong here?

only offer that is going to the members is tamplins.
This is grossly unfair and might well be a misuse of club funds.
Sounds like it may even be illegal... Could the net be finally catching Mr Thommo once and for all!!