SAVE OUR CLUB - SAY NO TO TAMPLIN

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

I've had a few people who weren't at Saturday's game message me and ask me to put the leaflet on the forum.
[NB I didn't write this, this was generated elsewhere, I was only one of the many volunteers handing it out]

It reads as follows:

DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE FC - SAVE OUR CLUB

SINCE 1992 DAGGERS HAVE HAD A PROUD HISTORY AS A SUPPOSEDLY WELL RUN MEMBERS CLUB.
THIS IS UNDER THREAT RIGHT NOW.
(Official club crest)

Please take a few minutes to read this leaflet so you understand what is happening to OUR club.
Thank you.

Say NO to Tamplin!!!

DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE FC - SAVE OUR CLUB

The Daggers board, appointed from the Full Members of the club, have always informed the fans that it is run prudently, within its means, to ensure the financial stability of the Daggers is assured.
And yet, despite recently agreeing an undisclosed but substantial deal for the sale of Jodi Jones to Coventry City, having a decent FA Cup run at last, and being due a record Football League parachute payment, the club has had its authorised overdraft facility withdrawn, leaving it with severe cash flow problems and a big tax bill due soon.
The current board, who have mismanaged the club to this point, now seem hell bent on selling the club’s soul out to a rich individual, Glenn Tamplin, a businessman with a trail of liquidated companies behind him, bust with creditors totalling over £2m, and someone whom has no previous connection to the Daggers, other than a trial as a youth.
This is the same board that oversaw the re-appointment of Wayne Burnett, who had already shown he was unable to take the club forward. Despite having a golden opportunity to get rid for free at the end of the 2014/15 season, they offered him a new 2 year deal, something the club are still paying for as you read this, while it prepares for life back at Conference level.
Much against the club’s initial intentions, the first Tamplin bid was eventually made public in June after it was discovered he had set up a company wholly owned by him and re-named it Dagenham & Redbridge FC (2016) Ltd.
That bid, to which the board oddly seemed keen to accept, was to transfer an 80% controlling share to Tamplin in return for a payment of just £250,000 - and with the “promise” of an additional £1m over the subsequent 4 years.
This promise is frankly next to as worthless as the paper it will be printed on as once the Tamplin group has 80% they have TOTAL control of the club.

Say NO to Tamplin!!!

Once they were aware of the Tamplin bid, a second group has come forward, willing to invest money to keep the club running while sorting out the longer term finances. This group is made up of a of people with long term links to the club, including joint club President’s John & Brian East, current Vice Chairman David Ward, ex-Daggers captain & legend Lee Goodwin and his father and full member John Goodwin.
The board has refused to consider this bid, despite it being a comparable financial offer in year one and leaving members with a 49% stake in the club, with a suspicion that the main reason for this is that a condition from this group is that the current board, including MD Stephen Thompson, would have to invest personally or step down.
All this is happening despite previous promises that such a sale could never happen with the club in its current format as “Limited by Guarantee”. Given the club’s current ownership, it will take a vote by Full Members of the club to change its structure to enable it to be sold, but the Board is refusing to put BOTH offers to the Members.
Having called a General Meeting for the 6th July to present Tamplin’s offer, he pulled out at the very last minute, therefore not allowing Members to speak to him directly, only for a new bid to re-emerge this weekend, with Tamplin supplying the cash, fronted by two anonymous board members.
Despite our club stating officially that Tamplin simply wanted to invest in his “boyhood club” it has become apparent that approaches by Tamplin to take over other local clubs, Bishop’s Stortford and Brentwood Town, similarly fell through, with him offering £3m for Bishop’s Stortford and pulling out just at the point money needed to change hands.
It seems likely that Members will be presented with a “Tamplin or else" choice. Don’t let this happen quietly, the club is not owned by the board, it still remains in all intents and purposes a MEMBERS CLUB.

Say NO to Tamplin!!!

It is clear that something needs to change, but the current board have proven they are no longer fit for purpose and should step down, unless they are willing to put an end to this ridiculous charade immediately!
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
• Write to or email the club officers and tell them what you think of the plans to sell YOUR football club. Addresses are at the club website: daggers.co.uk or you can e-mail the Managing Director directly at Steve@daggers.co.uk

• Make your point of view heard at matches.

• If you are a Full Member of the club, make sure you attend any meetings and read all communications from the club thoroughly.

• Keep up with latest developments at the on-line Daggers fans forum: http://www.viewsfromthesieve.co.uk
The current board completely disregarded supporter opinion on whether or not we wanted a new club badge, and pressed ahead with it anyway. They CANNOT be allowed to ignore the supporters again on this, obviously much more important issue.
Bear this in mind as a final aside.
One of the key conditions of Tamplin’s original £1.25m bid for the club was revealed by Gerry Hanning, who resigned from the board in protest at the direction it was taking. In a radio interview in June to be that Tamplin wanted assurances he could use ground on Sunday’s for his son’s U14s team.
Serious offer for a football club or plaything of a rich man?
YOU DECIDE!

Say NO to Tamplin!!!

-------
Leaflet ends.

I suggest that people also read http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8324614
BrexitDagger

Following on from this, people may have noticed Tuesday's programme notes, in which Chairman, Dave Bennett gave the following response to this leaflet:

"Going back to the Southport game, I was made aware of a leaflet that was being distributed in the car park, I know who was passing them out, but I am not aware of the author's identity.
If the person responsible would like to contact me, I would be pleased to point out all the gross factual inaccuracies; it's shameful that someone would do this, and really does the club no good at all."

Perhaps Mr Bennett would like to register to the forum and enlighten supporters to just what the gross factual inaccuracies actually are.

Considering the board have barely said a jot to supporters on the subject until now, I dont imagine he will be taking up this challenge any time soon.
Chigwellian

The next Fans Forum should be interesting... I bet they don't do one anytime soon.
Mike the Dagger

BrexitDagger wrote:Following on from this, people may have noticed Tuesday's programme notes, in which Chairman, Dave Bennett gave the following response to this leaflet:

"Going back to the Southport game, I was made aware of a leaflet that was being distributed in the car park, I know who was passing them out, but I am not aware of the author's identity.
If the person responsible would like to contact me, I would be pleased to point out all the gross factual inaccuracies; it's shameful that someone would do this, and really does the club no good at all."

Perhaps Mr Bennett would like to register to the forum and enlighten supporters to just what the gross factual inaccuracies actually are.

Considering the board have barely said a jot to supporters on the subject until now, I dont imagine he will be taking up this challenge any time soon.
He's offered to point out what the inaccuracies are. I suggest someone follows that up.
ARNU

Dave the plumber in actually speaking shock horror.

Still don't know what he looks like.Pencil behind his ear and a boiler suit Id imagine LOL!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:Dave the plumber in actually speaking shock horror.

Still don't know what he looks like.Pencil behind his ear and a boiler suit Id imagine LOL!!
That's him Arnu often seen shaking his head and taking in a deep breat followed the dreaded phrase. Ain't going to be cheap , got to order the parts you see .
mickeyblue

yep lots of plumbers have pencils behind there ears, i mean every time they cut there wood they use it to mark it.

plumbers are the ones with the builders bums not that i recommend imagining that.

plumbers are always blaming other trades etc sorry mate i cant fix your boiler as its a electrical part,
but we finished 9th!
redboy

Well this is a plumber without any mates and I'm already sick of reading his programme notes this season.
TommyD&R

redboy wrote:Well this is a plumber without any mates and I'm already sick of reading his programme notes this season.
Same here! They only seem to be there to defend Tamplin. The programme notes are another thing that wouldn't exist if the club wasn't up for sale.
Auntie Merge

Mike the Dagger wrote:
BrexitDagger wrote:Following on from this, people may have noticed Tuesday's programme notes, in which Chairman, Dave Bennett gave the following response to this leaflet:

He's offered to point out what the inaccuracies are. I suggest someone follows that up.
I find it embarrassing that the Chairman of our club writes this in the programme. Calling people who care about the club 'shameful' is not the way to win the trust of the supporters.

He seems to be determined to push through this deal with Tamplin, on which he has piggybacked.

1. I too would like to know the inaccuracies in the leaflet. Or is this yet another smokescreen like all the cries of 'online abuse'?

2. I think given that he is no longer impartial in any takeover discussions, the Chairman should step aside and hand the Chairmanship of the club over to someone who is impartial. At the very least until these matters are concluded.
Diggerthedog

If the Members vote no to Tamplin I don't see how Bennett and Thompson can continue in there current roles. You can't back something to the hilt lose and hang around, ask David Cameron.
Alan

Given that the chairman is part of one of the bidding groups, it seems he really should step down and put himself up for re-election at the same general meeting that the Tamplin bid is voted on.

Also, have the club offered the Easts the same facilities that they have afforded to the Tamplin bid, ie mailshots, meeting rooms etc? If they are paying for transport for some members, that seems highly irregular to me.
Auntie Merge

One more question. The FA fit and proper person test is adopted by the National League. Will Tamplin pass?
Mark

That check is a joke of course he'll pass
mickeyblue

the east's offer has been rejected so is not even on the table as far as im aware or am i completly wrong here?

only offer that is going to the members is tamplins.
but we finished 9th!