FULL & LIFE MEMBERS MEETING

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

It's amazing how many people come out of the woodwork and contact me with info once the battle lines are drawn.

This has just been passed on to me. I am very concerned with the contents.

Letter to Full & Life Members:

I am writing to give you an update on the proposed investment of funds into Dagenham & Redbridge FC Ltd.
Since my last letter on the 22nd July our discussions with solicitors and tax advisers are coming to fruition and we hope to be able to bring a firm proposal to you by the end of August with a view to holding a General Meeting of the Club in the second week of September.
During this period we have also received a request from five members requesting that a General Meeting of the Company be called pursuant to section 303 of the Companies act 2006. The Board has 28 days to comply with such a request and it is our intention to wait until we have a separate proposal that can also be included in the agenda for this meeting before we send out formal notice.
As previously mentioned we have continued to have dialogue with Glenn Tamplin with a view to be able to put forward a firm offer at the General Meeting. However talks are at such an advanced stage that Glenn has already shown his commitment to the club by agreeing for one of his companies to sponsor the club’s Family Stand over the next three years, a deal worth £45,000.00. This is in addition to any investment that might subsequently be agreed.
Part of our discussions with Glenn centred around the online abuse he, and his family, had received and I was able to persuade him that this was not indicative of the vast majority of our supporters. It was particularly helpful that I was able to tell him that this form of abuse was heavily condemned at the open meeting held on the 6th July. I also emphasised to him the need for members to meet him in advance of any formal meeting held. To this end he has agreed to attend a friendly informal meeting of Full & Life Members to be held in the Club House on Monday 22nd August at 7.30pm. I do hope that as many of you as possible will attend when Glenn will outline his proposals to you and answer any questions you may have of him.

1. Please tell me, aside from being called Tampon or Tampax on here, what online abuse has he and his family received?
2. Is this letter telling people that the vast majority of the supporters are in favour of a deal with Tamplin? This is not the response I was given when speaking to people coming through the gate on Saturday.
3. I have been reading through the links elsewhere on the forum, all the companies house stuff. One paragraph suggests that the administrator of his last failed company was writing a confidential report to the Secretary of State about the fitness of the director(s). Is this REALLY the only offer on the table? If we have to sell and get investment, why don't we openly put part of the club up for sale and see what offers come in. It has the potential to be a Wayne Burnett situation all over again.
Mike the Dagger

The abuse stuff is a smokescreen, part of an attempt to get people onside and sympathetic, along with the stand sponsorship (thanks for the money Mr T, doing that on a larger scale would be a great way to invest in the Daggers and help out) and his wonderful charity work.

Interestingly I see we are doing a bucket collection for the kid from Waltham Abbey next Tuesday. While I sympathise with his dilemma, I take it there are no local Dagenham kids looking to raise any cash for good similar reasons then?
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lupins

There has been a fair bit of abuse, some direct comments, plenty of implied so to say there hasn't is the smokescreen

At last the members can hear exactly what is being put forward in terms of plans etc and make decisions based on that
steeevooo

He has shown his commitment to the club by paying £15k to sponsor the Family Stand? (Once he owns the club he can just transfer that £15k pa into his own pocket). Have the club previously actively sought stand sponsorship for the stand? £15k pa doesn't seem like a great sum of money to be "demonstrating his commitment to the club".

Still we are given no details as to the nature of the abuse that he and his family have been given. If he gets upset by some people on here giving him an alternative surname (which I would daresay has been used many times previously towards him given his surname) then he really isn't cut out to be in any sort of business, let alone one where a thousand people have a vested interest. Also, what relevance does this have as to deciding what is the best course of action for Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club?

Still there is no mention or acknowledgement whatsoever of any other offers for the club, or of any other interest.

Despite the talks being "at an advanced stage", there has still not been one iota of detail as to why this takeover is in the best interests of Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club.

There is the briefest mention of their requirement to call a General Meeting, but no rhetoric whatsoever is given to the reasons that five members have called for such a meeting.

I really, really hope the Full and Life Members don't get hoodwinked by this, give Mr Tamplin (no abuse here) an absolutely thorough grilling at their "informal chat", can see what the best course of action is for Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club, and reject any offer outright. Further, should the Members reject any offer from Mr Tamplin, I would then fully hope and expect that they then call upon the Board to resign - the Board have taken a very clear stance, and if it gets rejected by the Members/owners of the Club then it shows that the two ideologies are not aligned and that the Members have no faith in the current Board.
Mike the Dagger

lupins wrote:There has been a fair bit of abuse, some direct comments, plenty of implied so to say there hasn't is the smokescreen

At last the members can hear exactly what is being put forward in terms of plans etc and make decisions based on that
For instance?

This is a guy that has taken several businesses bust while trousering large amounts of cash (allegedly). I bet he's heard worse than being labeled a sanitary product.
lupins

No further questions M'lud
Mike the Dagger

lupins wrote:No further questions M'lud
You have nothing either then ;)
Diggerthedog

Funny how we announce the figure this sponsorship but any other figure be it a transfer fee or other sponsorship they are like rocking horse shit.
Last edited by Diggerthedog on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark

Very little of what's said about him on here is untrue.

Advanced stage? Do me a favour. The only time it's advanced is if the members entertain it.

There's got to be more to this than self protection. I can't believe we'd hand over control this easily.

Some people have made their mind up that he isn't welcome and that's fine. We don't need outsiders with interesting business records. I don't want him regardless if he's worth 14m or 14k.
Voice of reason

lupins wrote:There has been a fair bit of abuse, some direct comments, plenty of implied so to say there hasn't is the smokescreen

Some of the early comments about the wedding video could perhaps be seen as hurtful to his family

But the really important stuff refers to the Receiver's comments about Mr Tamplin's conduct in the running of his failed companies
Any credit rating body would recommend extreme caution when giving credit to any future company that Mr Tamplin was associated with based on this information.
And yet some of the people running our club are happy to see Mr Tamplin take 80% of the shares and therefore complete control of the club and it's finances
It just doesn't make sense
Last edited by Voice of reason on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan

Mike the Dagger wrote:The abuse stuff is a smokescreen, part of an attempt to get people onside and sympathetic, along with the stand sponsorship (thanks for the money Mr T, doing that on a larger scale would be a great way to invest in the Daggers and help out) and his wonderful charity work.

Interestingly I see we are doing a bucket collection for the kid from Waltham Abbey next Tuesday. While I sympathise with his dilemma, I take it there are no local Dagenham kids looking to raise any cash for good similar reasons then?
I sincerely hope that this kid and his family are not being used as pawns in some charm offensive designed to win favour for Tamplin. Let his bid stand or fall on its merits.
dagger4eva

As DTD mentioned, for a club (Steve 'undisclosed' Thompson) usually so desperate to keep actual numbers out of the public domain theyre doing a mighty fine job of releasing all and sundry about old Tamplin.

Worth 45mil
£45k stand sponsorship
£1.25mil investment

Wonder what else they'll chuck into the mix to get him on board.

I dont get this "as were already at an advanced stage" bullshit...

1) We gathered that already to be the case when it was discovered Tamplin had re-named one of his not yet bust companies

2) As Mark said - until the members have voted him in it matters not a single jot what Tamplin, Thommo or Dave the plumber think on the matter.

I have to say also, this use of the young kid is quite sickening in my opinion.
Im sure he'll have a great day as mascot and sincerely hope he raises every single penny required to get his op (I'll prob chuck a couple of quid in myself) but Tamplin must be ******** dumb if he thinks people will consider it anything other than a complete and utter PR stunt.

I dont want him in control on his own, as part of a consortium.
The sooner the larger majority work out what is going on here and start make their feelings known the better and perhaps just maybe he'll bugger off and destroy some other 'boyhood club' of his.
Mike the Dagger

Voice of reason wrote:
Some of the early comments about the wedding video could perhaps be seen as hurtful to his family
Not really. the wedding was in Hello Magazine FFS, and the You Tube video is obviously put up by someone that was at the wedding and hasn't been told to take it down. I don't get the impression that Glenn and Bliss (yes really) are shy about the do and how muc h was spent.

http://www.anessex.wedding/news.cfm?News_ID=7370: "Their whole celebration, which was kickstarted in Essex, saw them holiday with 200 guests in Spain before beginning married life as Mr and Mrs back in their hometown in Essex, was a ten-day-long affair, complete with pool parties and entertainment aplenty. It cost £3million – with an extra oh-so generous £4million spent on wedding gifts to each other and their guests, including iPads, Apple watches, and a Bentley to name a few!"
Voice of reason wrote:But the really important stuff refers to the Receiver's comments about Mr Tamplin's conduct in the running of his failed companies
Any credit rating body would recommend extreme caution when giving credit to any future company that Mr Tamplin was associated with based on this information.
And yet some of the people running our club are happy to see Mr Tamplin take 80% of the shares and therefore complete control of the club and it's finances
It just doesn't make sense
Spot on!

Allegedly Mr T has "good explanations" of why he has a string of failed businesses behind him though, so that is alright then.
IanC

Wow great video I love this guy,can just see it now,the daggers end of season pool party and presentation!
No expense spared and a drop of eye candy in the upstairs bar every game is always welcome.
Ok ok only joking! God I nearly threw up,what a load of nonsense,like watching something out of poxy towie.
Mr T thanks but no thanks.
Mike the Dagger

IanC wrote:Wow great video I love this guy,can just see it now,the daggers end of season pool party and presentation!
No expense spared and a drop of eye candy in the upstairs bar every game is always welcome.
Ok ok only joking! God I nearly threw up,what a load of nonsense,like watching something out of poxy towie.
Mr T thanks but no thanks.
Talking of TOWIE.... https://twitter.com/MarkWright_/status/ ... 1741164544