Gotta be pleased with that.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Good solid performance against a good Lincoln team tonight. I reckon they'll be in the mix at the end of the season. They could have had a couple of goals if they had been able to finish. Once again no complaints here.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Must agree Arnu , they were far better then the other three we have faced .
Thought Gutteridge deserved MOM, leaves you wondering what may have been if we had him for more then a game and a three quarters last season.

Good promising start the only disappointment being last Tuesday.

Three clean sheets out of four that alone will take us a long way if we keep it up. Could the three game curse be finally put to bed on Saturday
Lcbdagger

Excellent result and another clean sheet... Surprised they left their shooting boots at home add they've stated the session quite well.

Wondering what on earth we did in that Chester game now as we've looked solid otherwise
mickeyblue

played well but so lucky not to concede. howell will make a big difference and i liked the look of staunton, boucard is still a luxury i dont want anywhere near our side. he didnt play to badly but bottled out of fr to many challenges for my liking, when they skied it, he didnt close down and ball ended up going out wide. we need warriors out there not ball jugglers. if i was a midfielder at daggers id be banging on the door hourly.
still 3 points in bag :) and 2 games in tbs been better than all of last season so happy days.
but we finished 9th!
leewilson

Might as well jot a few things down having seen 3 of the 4 games.

Very impressed with us this season. There's things to work on and improve but the character of this team straight away is highlighted as being spot on. It's a world away from the lot last season who went through the motions with no desire to improve or compete week in, week out.

As far as individuals go.

Doe/Robson - An interesting pairing. Doe has defended well with anything in front of him but has looked a touch suspect at times when running back towards his own goal. Robson has made some errors here and there but I've been very impressed with the way he's stepped up a couple of divisions and just slotted in. Once or twice, he gets a little too tight to the man he's marking but this is something that can be ironed out. I think he'll grow into playing at this level.

Boucaud/Robinson - I think this partnership will flourish at home but struggle away. At this level, Boucaud as a footballer is a class above. I've been very impressed with him so far. He's been controlled and has linked fantastically with Guttridge between the lines. I think not having the captaincy works for him. He can just focus on himself. Robinson has done well, keeps it simple, puts in a shift and seems to be a 7/10 each match. My only worry is he reminds me a bit of Marlon Pack when we had him in that he seems a bit heavy legged when running. I worry that this pair away from home may get overrun a little bit. This could be where the return of Luke Howell is important for us.

Fejiri/Assombalonga - Fejiri has done excellent. His crossing from the byline needs a bit of work but his raw pace and skill will terrify full backs at this level. Assombalonga is good when running in off the channel as he has pace and power. The problem with playing as a wide forward is he often finds himself facing the corner and he's not a wide man. For me, this is Maguire-Drew's position but Assombalonga does drop in and does his fair share of dirty work which maybe the younger man needs to learn. Very promising though.

Hawkins/Guttridge - These two are forming a very good partnership. Guttridge (along with Doe) is our most important player this season. If we lose him, I'm not sure we have a replacement. He will make mistakes in games but for every 2-3 dwells on the ball, he'll come up with a gem of a through ball into a dangerous area or a goal. He's a match winner and that can take you places. Hawkins is growing game by game. He had his toughest test tonight against two lumps of defenders but this will do him good. I like the idea of Benson coming on towards the end of the game and dropping off the centre backs to allow us to retain the ball once Hawkins has worn them down.

Can't really comment too much on Justham, Williams and Widdowson yet this season although I don't think they've done much wrong. Great save by Justham tonight after Doe's error. And a word for Staunton who made an absolute blinding last ditch tackle to deny a sure Lincoln goal late on.
Dagdale

First half we really showed a team with good ability to go out and settle it as quickly as possible, 2nd half was quite a dour affair and we can count our blessings that there main man and striker Matt Rhead was absent. Think Josh Staunton flattening those two Imp boys right in front of our goal to what looked like a cert of an equalizer very close to the end was a big saviour, no wonder EJ acknowledged it. Take nothing away from our lads overall we thoroughly deserved it and a great day at the office. Not bad this non League lark is it? Look forward to every game now, 3 wins out of 4, we just look more confident and playing as a good all round team with even the subs literally shaping up good, and so pleased a lot of the young lads have moved up to the TBS this season, well done, because its great to hear acoustics rattling the roof in there at last and shore it drives our team on and frustrates the away followers a bit.
TommyD&R

Dagdale wrote:Look forward to every game now, 3 wins out of 4, we just look more confident and playing as a good all round team
This is the most important thing to me. Watching the team felt like a chore over the last 2 or so years but seeing a few different teams from what we've been used to over the last 5 seasons and visiting new grounds, plus there being a good chance that we will actually win games and having a mix of a few club legends with young hungry players has freshened everything up big time. Hopefully this will bring back a few fans and we can have at least a 1600 fanbase for home games again soonish.
stanton101

I thought the boys did well tonight, against a pretty decent Lincoln side. Great to see Benson back at home and you could see the lift he gave the team and fans alike. He knew straight away how to get at their centre half who for most of the match was involved in a wrestling bout with Hawkins! I thought we were in trouble when uncharacteristicaly Boucard was booked for a wild lunge on their bloke and many in the sieve, myself included thought he was off, but thankfully the ref thought otherwise. Staunton's tackle near the end was unreal and for me special praise goes to Justham whose kicking was spot on, nice to see the ball kept in play. All in all a well earned 3 points and roll on Woking.
The Romford Dagger

TommyD&R wrote:
Dagdale wrote:Look forward to every game now, 3 wins out of 4, we just look more confident and playing as a good all round team
This is the most important thing to me. Watching the team felt like a chore over the last 2 or so years but seeing a few different teams from what we've been used to over the last 5 seasons and visiting new grounds, plus there being a good chance that we will actually win games and having a mix of a few club legends with young hungry players has freshened everything up big time. Hopefully this will bring back a few fans and we can have at least a 1600 fanbase for home games again soonish.
Out of interest what was the attendance tonight?

And even though this is irrelevant i thought I'd tell yous as it makes me laugh, I have the people round me now look out for the dagenham score at Ipswich. They all keep an eye on it as though daggers are their second team. Haha

Will hopefully be back at Victoria road (or the chigwell stadium now) for the next midweek game.

Good to hear that the standard of footy has inproved though. Could be a good season in the offing.

Although the team I backed for the conference title Tranmere are 4 from 4 and sound like a good side.
Sagres

Out of interest what was the attendance tonight?
[/quote]

Attendance 1399 (247 Lincoln)
dagger4eva

Firstly may I say the stand out thing for me is that we are finally getting some damn ENTERTAINMENT back at home games. And we appear to have a set of players who actually give a damn! Wasnt sure we would ever see that day again!!

Yesterday was weird as on one hand Lincoln possibly deserved something out of the game, despite only forcing Justham into making what, 1 real save of note?

The Lincoln keeper too had little to do until the last 5 mins when they were pushing everything forward.

Very chuffed to take the points nevertheless and 9 points from 12 is a fantastic start!

BTW, its evident that if he can remain fit Guttridge is going to be absolutely crucial this season. Fantastic player!!
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:Firstly may I say the stand out thing for me is that we are finally getting some damn ENTERTAINMENT back at home games. And we appear to have a set of players who actually give a damn! Wasnt sure we would ever see that day again!!

Yesterday was weird as on one hand Lincoln possibly deserved something out of the game, despite only forcing Justham into making what, 1 real save of note?

The Lincoln keeper too had little to do until the last 5 mins when they were pushing everything forward.

Very chuffed to take the points nevertheless and 9 points from 12 is a fantastic start!

BTW, its evident that if he can remain fit Guttridge is going to be absolutely crucial this season. Fantastic player!!

Is that the Guttridge that was so rubbish last season when playing injured? Still is no mug is he?

Agree on the entertainment. My son is actually looking forward to coming with me, first time in years.
Diggerthedog

Great team performance last night by every single player, what changed man Boucard is he got booked for a tackle :shock:

Great support from the TBS ultras, funny what a hard working honest team do to us the fans. More of the same both on and off the pitch.
Kevin

Cracking effort all over the pitch last night.

Thought Lincoln looked pretty decent - whilst Justham may have only had to make a few saves (albeit he made two great ones in the 1st half alone), the boys at the back did have to make countless headers, tackles & interceptions throughout.

To finish up with a win - and another clean-sheet - is pretty good in my book :D
SUSSEX DAGGER

So there was less home fans last night then against Southport.

Complete and utter testicles