Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

5.30 pm Kick off Sat 1st October.
mickeyblue

this non league lark is ok !!!

would rather a away game tho on tv.
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

FFS I gotta be in Southend at 8.00,will have to watch it on the telly then.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NBDag

Glad this one is on TV as its one I really wanted to see but can't make. Clearly BT Sport wanted it as they realise that this game will be the title decider too...
hockley dagger

The trouble is that with long distance away days it's difficult to commit to train times to get the best fares if the match gets moved. I really want to go to York but won't be able to dive in on the very cheapest fares (staying overnight there isn't an option). I hope there aren't any Tranmere fans that have been caught out by this. I haven't looked, but does an evening kick off make it impossible for them to get home by train that Saturday evening?
Diggerthedog

hockley dagger wrote:The trouble is that with long distance away days it's difficult to commit to train times to get the best fares if the match gets moved. I really want to go to York but won't be able to dive in on the very cheapest fares (staying overnight there isn't an option). I hope there aren't any Tranmere fans that have been caught out by this. I haven't looked, but does an evening kick off make it impossible for them to get home by train that Saturday evening?
They should be fine getting home trains leave London for Liverpool way after 10pm all days. But for those already book not good.
hockley dagger

I have had a look now. The last one to Liverpool on the 1st is the 20.11 from Euston. I think they're stuffed!
Diggerthedog

hockley dagger wrote:I have had a look now. The last one to Liverpool on the 1st is the 20.11 from Euston. I think they're stuffed!
They're normally a lot later, had it been 3pm they would have bought 500-600 will be only half that now, is the TV money any good?
RayleighDagger1986

Does anyone know how much BT PAY for a live game?
Dagdale

Definitely have to be careful on booking in advance train tickets on a season where hopefully us doing well we could become more of a' sought after article' regarding television coverage, especially as November's York clash is getting closer to the 8-12 weeks cheaper option. As a regular train user straight away wondered about the Tranny supporters on this one, it seizes to amaze me, although we eventually may becoming a step in the right direction with overnight tubes at last starting tonight, how come in modern day Britain we can not get home from journeys that take in general 2-3 hours? A good example was last week on visiting Chester, a real good rail duration time of 2 hrs 05 minutes from Euston, yet last train back was around 19.30 to London? Had to end up 2 days off work with an overnight stay again, time off work, losing money again etc, sort it out Network Rail even if its a 'skeleton service'.
Last edited by Dagdale on Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike the Dagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:Does anyone know how much BT PAY for a live game?
I would guess its a central deal rather than per game.

Nothing in the League Rules I could see on this.
RayleighDagger1986

So what's our piece of the money then Mike. Are we saying the rights are split x24 and therefore an equal share? We will have played home twice in front of the cameras soon, what aboutt those fans who decide to stay away and reduce the gate receipts or as mentioned on here we could lose 200-300 Tranmere fans at what, an avg income of £20 per head. That's lost revenue of around £4-£6k without even thinking of home supporters. Similar losses against Wrexham I'm guessing too.
Mike the Dagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:So what's our piece of the money then Mike. Are we saying the rights are split x24 and therefore an equal share? We will have played home twice in front of the cameras soon, what aboutt those fans who decide to stay away and reduce the gate receipts or as mentioned on here we could lose 200-300 Tranmere fans at what, an avg income of £20 per head. That's lost revenue of around £4-£6k without even thinking of home supporters. Similar losses against Wrexham I'm guessing too.
Pass.

You'd have to ask the League or the club how it works. Good luck with that.
The Romford Dagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:So what's our piece of the money then Mike. Are we saying the rights are split x24 and therefore an equal share? We will have played home twice in front of the cameras soon, what aboutt those fans who decide to stay away and reduce the gate receipts or as mentioned on here we could lose 200-300 Tranmere fans at what, an avg income of £20 per head. That's lost revenue of around £4-£6k without even thinking of home supporters. Similar losses against Wrexham I'm guessing too.
I'd be surprised if it's split tbh. I know sky do 75k to the home team for championship and football league games. To cover roughly a 3k drop in attendance apparently.

BT of course won't be paying that much for the conference but I'd imagine it's about 10-20k maybe?