Interview with the East's

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Good work Mike.

The East's want whats only best for the clubs hence them willing to put up £40k each for no return, difference is we know they wont walk away if it goes tits up.
Auntie Merge

This is a very good interview and, aside from anything, it shows that the Easts do think like supporters, especially the comments about photographs in the bars. Whatever happens with the outcome, you know they are in for the long haul.

There are a couple of things that worry me though.

This interview is not the story that Steve Thompson has been saying. Either Steve Thompson is not telling the truth or trying to mislead people (especially the full members) and direct them in to the arms of Tamplin. The club statements in particular seem to be very misleading. This is worrying as according to the Easts, John was invited it to provide some solutions.

I do think the idea of plug the gap, without compromising the future of the club, and review everything is the best option.

My second major concern is this. Say Tamplin gets in. What will happen to genuine fans and current directors of the club like the Easts? What will happen to the Goodwins? Dave Ward and other directors who support the Easts? I imagine they would all lose their seats on the board and be excommunicated etc. Which is seriously worrying. By doing this you would completely destroy the infrastructure of the club and the lose the very people who helped build and maintain it for so many years.
Diggerthedog

Hear Thommo is laying on Taxi's to Full members unlikely to bother coming back to vote, specially those elderly ones that won't be in the know. Desperate man.