CLUB SOLD? Before the Full Members Vote????

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Chigwellian wrote:
NBDag wrote:
Chigwellian wrote:Ok... The club statement mentions that the email was sent by an 'over zealous' employee of AGP steel.

I received an email today from Daniel Groves explaining, and trying to retract the email that he sent.

Daniel Groves in on Twitter as the guy recruiting staff. This doesn't sound a job that any employee would do, but as a sort of 'right hand man' of tamplin.... Sounds even more fishy to me
Would you be happy to share this email that he sent?
Good morning,
I believe that you received an email from me at some point last week, this email was factually incorrect.
AGP Steel, currently at this time do not own Dagenham and Redbridge FC but yet are involved in ongoing discussions and negotiations to become the major shareholder in D&R FC as part of a consortium, and we hope a conclusion will be reached in the coming weeks.
I Apologise sincerely for the embarrassment caused to all concerned, Mr Tamplin, the existing Board of Directors, members and supporters.
The email that i sent was done off of my own back, without the knowledge of Mr Tamplin or anyone at Dagenham & Redbridge, all of whom are currently away on their annual holiday.
Please understand that this email was with the best intention and never meant to cause any harm or unrest.

Once again

Many apologies.

Dan Groves
1. This email continues to mention that it is AGP Steel buying the club.

2. 'Mr Tamplin or anyone at Dagenham & Redbridge, all of whom are currently away..' Which directors of the club are currently on holiday? It appears from this email that AGP believes these directors are the owners of the club, and not the members. Are any of the directors currently misrepresenting who actually owns the club in order to press through with this sale?

3. Does anyone honestly believe that the original email was sent without Tamplin's input or consent?
Mark

3. Does anyone honestly believe that the original email was sent without Tamplin's input or consent?
No.
admin
Site Admin

Mikins wrote:Club statements up claiming this is all untrue and that Tamplin wasn't even at yesterday's match.

So it seems our words are being heavily monitored.

Shame no one wants to talk us directly about it, just occasionally refute accusations.

God forbid anyone ever answers why we're being sold down the river to an obvious con artist...
Your right about the "our words are being heavily monitored". When I was on my way to Woking yesterday I noticed a man walking along with Dave Bennett who I didn't recognise. I said to a few people and even hinted it on an earlier post on here saying "if I haven't seen him before, I wonder if that's Glenn Tamplin". So part of today's club statement was aimed at my comment. So all I would say to any Dagger is, if you want to say something which you don't want others to find out about be careful as they are keeping there eyes on us.

I want to add another thing. Think about all the hard work, time and money all of us have spent supporting the club and doing the best for the club. I can name a number of people in particular but we all have played some part. Before anyone makes any decision, think about that.
bearaab

Dan Groves don't England very good. At least get someone to check it over. If I'm a potential sponsor reading that garbage it's going straight into the junk.
bearaab

I know that's not the point but still.
Mike the Dagger

lupins wrote:Mike
I am nothing to do with AGP and wouldn't know Tampling if he got up and gave me a haircut
I am not for the takeover or against it until I am sure in my mind what it entails
I am also not in the automatic against camp until that time. I believe my posts reflect that. Possibly you view them differently. I have always thought we do need investment but not at the expense of the long term future of the club and I think I have often included that caveat.
Uh huh.
dannythedagger

Lets get one thing straight he is not just an employee of AGP steel, he is Tampon's right hand man. What the plumber is to Thommo, this wally is to Tamplin.

I have a few friends who work for AGP and they despise him. Another one of the orange army who clearly just think this is all just a big laugh about how one of their own will own a football club.

This really isn't right. He set the Dagenham and Redbridge LTD 2016 up in February so Thommo and his back hand army have been brewing this for a long long time.

And another thing, surely this is a conflict of interest by our chairman! If he really wants to be part of a consortium to takeover our club he needs to step down and take his mate with him.
mickeyblue

if the members vote no, i take it the club cannot be sold, that goes for anybody. no idea how many members there are but the goodwins and his lot will be a big fat no.

next step is?
hopefully a member can post the proposal on here so all fans can read stopping all the hearsay. if its as bad as everyone thinks then action needs to be taken by the members who voted to have the current crop in charge.

i can see this ruining our season which looks like our best for as long as i can remember.

a big shape up is coming which is needed but not sure if its the correct time.
but we finished 9th!
Voice of reason

Daggers were set up in 2007 as a Company Limited by Guarantee without shareholders
In this arrangement the members have all the power and the constitution can't be changed without their (the members) approval
My understanding from an athletics club set up in a similar way is that any fundamental change in this set up will need to get a vote of at least 75% of members at a special meeting
There are strict rules on how such a meeting should be called and how all members must be pre-advised in plenty of time to attend or to appoint a proxy
From what I've read the meeting planned for this week is supposedly to give members an idea of what Mr Tamplin and his group have in mind
They are a long, long way from a takeover
I'd suggest that someone asks the club for a copy of the constitution
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mike the Dagger wrote:
lupins wrote:NB DAg it is probably because in the event of a takeover the new owner will get some of his employees to also work for the new company and one of those functions may be try to drum up additional revenue. Something that people have been crying out for for a long time
It might be monumentally premature but pretty straightforward really
Who are you Lupins?

Every step of the way you have put the company line, even after a massive cock up like this.

It is a genuine concern whether the investment is Tamplin buying in personally or his company AGP Steel that ends up owning the club.

I understand why so many are anti. I understand why a few are neutral. I have no clue why you are so pro.
I would imagine that he is a Person who thinks that at the very least this may be in the Clubs. Best interest.

Nothing wrong with that or is this debate only open to those who share your views and God forbid anybody should have an opposing view