CLUB SOLD? Before the Full Members Vote????

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

This has been sent to me.

Date: 18 August 2016 at 17:21:56 BST
To:
Hello,
We have just purchased Dagenham and Redbridge Football club and we wanted to know if you would be interested in doing a little sponsorship!!..
The first televised fixture is on the 27th Aug so let me know asap so I can get your board made up for the world to see!!!!
Dan Groves

-----------------
Could someone please explain how the club has been sold without the vote of the full members? Surely this is a breach of the club constitution and those responsible should resign immediately.
Diggerthedog

WTF is this? How did they get your email address? All hell will break loose if this is the case!
Auntie Merge

When I say sent to me, I mean someone else received it and sent it on to me.
For some reason people like forwarding me stuff. I have no idea why! *angelic face*

But if there is any truth in this, then all hell will break loose. I do realise that no one will need to resign, unless the new owners want them to BUT
there could be a legal or even criminal case over this.
NBDag

As you've said its against the business' constitution to change the club's structure without the member's vote. So I'm sure this is just someone trying to get things done in assumption that Tamplin will be successful. No one is going to try and illegally change the structure of the club. What would they even possibly stand to gain from doing so?

Also why is this person saying it as if the company has bought the club instead of Tamplin. Tamplin's employees at AGP will have sod all to do with our club.
admin
Site Admin

I believe Tamplin was at the game today.

By the looks of things, one way or another it's a done deal and it's been a done deal for the last couple of months. Sadly I don't think there's anything we can say or do to change that.
dagger4eva

Look lets get one thing straight

Unless Thompson has absolute cast iron guarantees from approx 30 members, it is not and cannot be a "done deal"

The supporters, and infact members are being treated with utter contempt here people - get real.

Unless we start piping the ****** up were gonna have the club pulled from under our feet!!!
admin
Site Admin

dagger4eva wrote:Look lets get one thing straight

Unless Thompson has absolute cast iron guarantees from approx 30 members, it is not and cannot be a "done deal"

The supporters, and infact members are being treated with utter contempt here people - get real.

Unless we start piping the ****** up were gonna have the club pulled from under our feet!!!
In theory you should be right, in practice I don't think so.

By rights we are a members club and it should be done via a proper vote but we all know that there are underhand tactics being used to get Tamplin in. The stand sponsorship, the mascot, Thompson "recommending him", the fact that Tamplin and friends and colleagues are telling people that he owns the club, the fact that we see him walking out of Woking station today with Dave Bennett whilst wearing a Dagenham and Redbridge tie.

Not being rude but does anyone really think that they are going to stop this deal going through. It's a done deal.

I'd love for you to prove me wrong, but let's be realistic it's happened and there's nothing anyone can do about it. If it wasn't a done deal I doubt he would of have gone to this much effort.
Auntie Merge

admin wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:Look lets get one thing straight

In theory you should be right, in practice I don't think so.

By rights we are a members club and it should be done via a proper vote but we all know that there are underhand tactics being used to get Tamplin in. The stand sponsorship, the mascot, Thompson "recommending him", the fact that Tamplin and friends and colleagues are telling people that he owns the club, the fact that we see him walking out of Woking station today with Dave Bennett whilst wearing a Dagenham and Redbridge tie.

Not being rude but does anyone really think that they are going to stop this deal going through. It's a done deal.

I'd love for you to prove me wrong, but let's be realistic it's happened and there's nothing anyone can do about it. If it wasn't a done deal I doubt he would of have gone to this much effort.
I have had numerous messages since posting. THIS IS NOT A DONE DEAL.
Do not give up your right to protest or for your voice to be heard.

We need to make noise about this. Tweet #saynototamplin and show that you don't want this man or his businesses any where near our club.

I find the arrogance of Tamplin and those who endorse him insulting to the very people they need onside for this - the members and supporters. This should be a clear warning to anyone who was thinking of voting for the Tamplin deal. Tamplin (and Steve Thompson by his endorsement) couldn't really care less about any of the members or supporters. They think they are in a dictatorship
and above the law. They are not.

SAY NO TO TAMPLIN.
admin
Site Admin

Well I know exactly what I think but good luck to anyone who wants to prove me wrong. Don't want that man anywhere near our club
Auntie Merge

admin wrote:Well I know exactly what I think but good luck to anyone who wants to prove me wrong. Don't want that man anywhere near our club
You don't want the man anywhere near our club yet you are not going to
do anything about it. You have the power to stop him. If you want to stop him you need to add your voice not leave it to others.
NBDag

Tweeting ain't really gonna do shit is it. No one cares about a few hashtags. It is becoming clear that some things really aren't right with how Tamplin, his employees and the board are conducting themselves. So I think people irrespective of being members or not should turn up to this meeting on Monday. And maybe get a big banner for the televised game saying what's thought of Tamplin and how this is all being conducted.
dagger4eva

Or maybe protest before the meeting on Monday??

Just a completely random (honest) suggestion.......
Auntie Merge

NBDag wrote:Tweeting ain't really gonna do shit is it. No one cares about a few hashtags. It is becoming clear that some things really aren't right with how Tamplin, his employees and the board are conducting themselves. So I think people irrespective of being members or not should turn up to this meeting on Monday. And maybe get a big banner for the televised game saying what's thought of Tamplin and how this is all being conducted.
No one cares about a hashtag....
Tamplin already backed out once because of 'online abuse' although like others I think this is just a smokescreen.

Think how many other football supporters of other clubs would not want to see our club go down the Tamplin route? Quite a few will support us. I've got lots of followers on Twitter who no nothing about football but would RT something if I asked. Get momentum and others will RT too. #saynototamplin would let the guy know he is truly not wanted here. No abuse, just fact. This is how campaigns go viral. Make some noise; others follow.
NBDag

Auntie Merge wrote:
NBDag wrote:Tweeting ain't really gonna do shit is it. No one cares about a few hashtags. It is becoming clear that some things really aren't right with how Tamplin, his employees and the board are conducting themselves. So I think people irrespective of being members or not should turn up to this meeting on Monday. And maybe get a big banner for the televised game saying what's thought of Tamplin and how this is all being conducted.
Tamplin already backed out once because of 'online abuse' although like others I think this is just a smokescreen.

Think how many other football supporters of other clubs would not want to see our club go down the Tamplin route? Quite a few will support us. I've got lots of followers on Twitter who no nothing about football but would RT something if I asked. Get momentum and others will RT too. #saynototamplin would let the guy know he is truly not wanted here. No abuse, just fact. This is how campaigns go viral. Make some noise; others follow.
Sorry to be blunt- but you may have lots of followers on Twitter, that doesn't mean anyone is gonna give a shit if you get a retweet or 2. Actions speak louder than tweets.
The Romford Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:

I too can't see how getting some retweets would do enough. If it's a done deal like I believe it is, why would a few hashtags make a difference?

It won't go viral though would it? It will be used 500 times tops. And in the grand scheme of things, that's nothing.