CLUB SOLD? Before the Full Members Vote????

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Twitter is part of the noise, not the be all and end all.
If Tamplin pulled out once because of 'online abuse' he might do so again.

As a well known supermarket says, every little helps.
Diggerthedog

I hear a lot of people not wanting this but are happy to just sit back and do nothing about it. Inbox me or Daggers4eva to find out what the plans are. Obviously not going to be making it public to avoid that underhand Tosser Thommo blocking the plans.
Chigwellian

I actually think the weak link is Thommo.
We all know that he has a 'short fuse', whereby he shouts abuse when he gets rattled, so I think we should keep chipping away at him, until he has no other path but resign.
Mikins

Club statements up claiming this is all untrue and that Tamplin wasn't even at yesterday's match.

So it seems our words are being heavily monitored.

Shame no one wants to talk us directly about it, just occasionally refute accusations.

God forbid anyone ever answers why we're being sold down the river to an obvious con artist...
Sorry about your damn luck!
DaggerJoel11

Dave Bennett Statement

Statement from club chairman, David Bennett
Posted: Sun 21 Aug 2016
image: http://www.daggers.co.uk/cms_images/new ... 13x460.jpg

Last night as I was out with friends celebrating and enjoying a few drinks on our way home from Woking, when I was made aware of an advert selling ground advertising, falsely claiming that Glenn Tamplin had completed the Purchase of Dagenham and Redbridge F.C.

After investigation, it turns out that this was sent out by an over zealous employee of Glenn’s, on his own back, no one else had any knowledge. This whole affair is of course deeply embarrassing for everybody involved, an attempt is being made to retract and put things right.

I am told that it has been reported that I was seen travelling to yesterday’s game with Glenn Tamplin that is completely untrue; I was with two long standing friends, that also happen to be full members of the club. Glenn was still in Spain, I believe he travels back today, ready for tomorrow nights meeting.

The meeting tomorrow night is an informal meeting, open only to full and life members, no formal voting can or will take place.

Let me once again reassure you that no changes to the make up of the club can or will change without the members vote.

Regards Dave Bennett
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

Thing is this email did not say that Tamplin bought the club. It said "we" had bought the club. Sent from an AGP email account too, not a Daggers or personal account. This is what has really wound me up, as I would like to know what has made these morons at AGP think that they will have any role to play at our club.
Mark

Big happy family at AGP from what I can tell. If he takes over you won't be able to move for freeloaders in the upstairs bar.
lupins

NB DAg it is probably because in the event of a takeover the new owner will get some of his employees to also work for the new company and one of those functions may be try to drum up additional revenue. Something that people have been crying out for for a long time
It might be monumentally premature but pretty straightforward really
NBDag

lupins wrote:NB DAg it is probably because in the event of a takeover the new owner will get some of his employees to also work for the new company and one of those functions may be try to drum up additional revenue. Something that people have been crying out for for a long time
I see what you mean- but sending it from an AGP account and making it seem as if the club has been bought by AGP is unacceptable.
Mike the Dagger

lupins wrote:NB DAg it is probably because in the event of a takeover the new owner will get some of his employees to also work for the new company and one of those functions may be try to drum up additional revenue. Something that people have been crying out for for a long time
Who are you Lupins?

Every step of the way you have put the company line, even after a massive cock up like this.

It is a genuine concern whether the investment is Tamplin buying in personally or his company AGP Steel that ends up owning the club.

I understand why so many are anti. I understand why a few are neutral. I have no clue why you are so pro.
Alan

It's all very lax corporate governance, using one conpany's resources for the benefit of another. How do you account for it? And before anyone says they're doing it to benefit us, what if AGP start using D&RFC premises for AGP businesses without payment?
Chigwellian

Ok... The club statement mentions that the email was sent by an 'over zealous' employee of AGP steel.

I received an email today from Daniel Groves explaining, and trying to retract the email that he sent.

Daniel Groves in on Twitter as the guy recruiting staff. This doesn't sound a job that any employee would do, but as a sort of 'right hand man' of tamplin.... Sounds even more fishy to me
NBDag

Chigwellian wrote:Ok... The club statement mentions that the email was sent by an 'over zealous' employee of AGP steel.

I received an email today from Daniel Groves explaining, and trying to retract the email that he sent.

Daniel Groves in on Twitter as the guy recruiting staff. This doesn't sound a job that any employee would do, but as a sort of 'right hand man' of tamplin.... Sounds even more fishy to me
Would you be happy to share this email that he sent?
lupins

Mike
I am nothing to do with AGP and wouldn't know Tampling if he got up and gave me a haircut
I am not for the takeover or against it until I am sure in my mind what it entails
I am also not in the automatic against camp until that time. I believe my posts reflect that. Possibly you view them differently. I have always thought we do need investment but not at the expense of the long term future of the club and I think I have often included that caveat.
Chigwellian

NBDag wrote:
Chigwellian wrote:Ok... The club statement mentions that the email was sent by an 'over zealous' employee of AGP steel.

Would you be happy to share this email that he sent?
Good morning,
I believe that you received an email from me at some point last week, this email was factually incorrect.
AGP Steel, currently at this time do not own Dagenham and Redbridge FC but yet are involved in ongoing discussions and negotiations to become the major shareholder in D&R FC as part of a consortium, and we hope a conclusion will be reached in the coming weeks.
I Apologise sincerely for the embarrassment caused to all concerned, Mr Tamplin, the existing Board of Directors, members and supporters.
The email that i sent was done off of my own back, without the knowledge of Mr Tamplin or anyone at Dagenham & Redbridge, all of whom are currently away on their annual holiday.
Please understand that this email was with the best intention and never meant to cause any harm or unrest.

Once again

Many apologies.

Dan Groves