Travelling to Sutton away

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
admin
Site Admin

I've just had a quick look at travelling for Sutton away. Appears to be that the nearest station (West Sutton) has no trains running to or from there that day. Looks like a nightmare getting there
TommyD&R

There's trains that go to Epsom then a 20 minute bus replacement service to Sutton Surrey station which isn't too far from the ground. A bit of a pain in the arse but doable.
Auntie Merge

From memory (and a very long one at that), and without checking that this still works. We always used to take the Northern Line to Morden Station and get a bus.
Dagdale

This topic came up more than once during Saturday's game and then homeward bound and quite correct Auntie getting to Morden tube via the Northern Line (as long as that line is okay on the Bank holiday, I think there was some problems with it on Saturday in places) a bus does run to or very close to Gander Green Lane from outside the tube station, looking into it further, via online a 413 seems to be the kiddie at F stop opposite, hopefully by Saturday's Wrexham game we may come together more and pass some more accurate information on this, or some good Sutton fan can read this thread and help.
mickeyblue

very doable by northern line. bus 413 from station after a few quick ones
but we finished 9th!
Diggerthedog

BUMP
DI Mike Dashwood

Also appears you can go on the Overground from Canada Water to West Croydon and then pick up a bus there (25 mins to ground) if people want to avoid travelling into the centre of town
hockley dagger

From Stratford when I used the TFL planner it came up with Worcester Park Station and then a 151 bus. Seems like it's doable but a fiddle.
Dagdale

I suppose which way dagger fans get into the Gander Green Lane ground depends on which way you come into the zone, but Morden tube station on the Northern Line according to the Tfl line away from the North London sector (Hampstead area) is up and running on the Bank Holiday match day city area and going South and a bus from Tube Station area a 413 (best choice) or even a 80 bus (alight Collingwood Rd) are the two to use to be close to the ground. Apparently its 3 miles from Morden tube. On their forum they seem to be staking out other fans from different clubs on a more through the turnstile bumper pay day on proof of a season ticket just hope discount may come our way a bit too? They've started very well too so should be a cracker of a game.