Protest

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

leewilson wrote:Be interested to see if Tamplin sticks around if he doesn't get full control. Wouldn't surprise me if his involvement in a consortium doesn't last long.
Exactly! Once the shares are for sale, they are for sale. Needs to be some agreement on whether and when they can be sold on.
steeevooo

I'll just add that John East was chatting to a few of us after the meeting last night, and he was adamant that he wanted any new constitution to include the proviso that should any one party wish to relinquish their holding, then that holding gets transferred in the first instance to the members. I think that something along these lines must be included should this joint effort proceed, otherwise there is nothing whatsoever to stop Tamplin "buying out" Bennett and Smythe a few months down the line...
Mike the Dagger

steeevooo wrote:I'll just add that John East was chatting to a few of us after the meeting last night, and he was adamant that he wanted any new constitution to include the proviso that should any one party wish to relinquish their holding, then that holding gets transferred in the first instance to the members. I think that something along these lines must be included should this joint effort proceed, otherwise there is nothing whatsoever to stop Tamplin "buying out" Bennett and Smythe a few months down the line...
Given the shares will likely have a value, will transferring them to the Members work? Either has tax implications or the Members would have to "buy" them, ie raise the money.

Not my field but doesn't sound easy to police or make heppen.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:
steeevooo wrote:I'll just add that John East was chatting to a few of us after the meeting last night, and he was adamant that he wanted any new constitution to include the proviso that should any one party wish to relinquish their holding, then that holding gets transferred in the first instance to the members. I think that something along these lines must be included should this joint effort proceed, otherwise there is nothing whatsoever to stop Tamplin "buying out" Bennett and Smythe a few months down the line...
Given the shares will likely have a value, will transferring them to the Members work? Either has tax implications or the Members would have to "buy" them, ie raise the money.

Not my field but doesn't sound easy to police or make heppen.
Jerry said it is going to take around three weeks to sort the legal side out.
Chigwellian

I sent Thommo an email over the weekend asking him to explain the email from AGP steel.
Last night, we were assured that before any voting was going to be carried out, there would be a fans forum.
Reading the email from Thommo, we won't be getting a fans forum until after the voting, and therefore everything will be done and dusted.

Dear Mr ......
Firstly apologises for the delay in replying but I have had a few days holiday.

I assume that you have now seen the statement that was put out by our Chairman on Sunday but if not he is a link
http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/2 ... 62895.aspx

The e-mail was sent out by an overzealous employee of Mr Tamplin's and this was fully explained at a Full Members meeting held yesterday evening.

I am sure that once / if any new investment has been agreed with the Full Members a fans forum will be called by the new owner / owners.

Regards
Steve

Someone is telling us bare faced lies.
Adrian

Chigwellian wrote:I sent Thommo an email over the weekend asking him to explain the email from AGP steel.
Last night, we were assured that before any voting was going to be carried out, there would be a fans forum.
Reading the email from Thommo, we won't be getting a fans forum until after the voting, and therefore everything will be done and dusted.

Dear Mr ......

I assume that you have now seen the statement that was put out by our Chairman on Sunday but if not he is a link

The e-mail was sent out by an overzealous employee of Mr Tamplin's and this was fully explained at a Full Members meeting held yesterday evening.

I am sure that once / if any new investment has been agreed with the Full Members a fans forum will be called by the new owner / owners.

Regards
Steve

The stuff you've copied in there doesn't say there won't be a fans forum before any voting.
Diggerthedog

Thommo is on his way out. Tick Tock Tick Tock.
Chigwellian

Adrian wrote:
Chigwellian wrote:I sent Thommo an email over the weekend asking him to explain the email from AGP steel.

Dear Mr ......

Regards
Steve

The stuff you've copied in there doesn't say there won't be a fans forum before any voting.
A fans forum will be held by the new owners.... That means that is after the vote
Adrian

Yes. It doesn't say there won't be one before though.
I realise that this doesn't quite fit with your need to claim someone is lying.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

This is making me cross. If you're going to email him, you have to at least take on board what he says. Otherwise what's the point in asking? If you were always going to disbelieve whatever he said, what's the point in wasting his time by emailing him?
Chigwellian

What are you talking about.... I emailed Thommo about the email that I received from Tamplins PA...

I am also going by what I was told yesterday by Jerry.... Which differs greatly from the last paragraph.

.... But I'm guessing you wasn't there last night!!
Diggerthedog

Jerry said after the meeting there will be a chance for fans to ask questions to all those looking to put a deal together before the vote this includes Tamplin. He also said its time the club got back to what is should be about and that's the fans being the most important thing and there will be a chance for us to have a voice on all matters.

Let's see what this new consortium is all about and then ask the questions.
DI Mike Dashwood

One question, and it is a genuine one. Is it Gerry or Jerry?? I always thought in this case it was Gerry?? Have I been wrong all this time??

Shame the rest of this situation is clouding an otherwise excellent start to the season, our best for some time.
Adrian

Chigwellian wrote:What are you talking about.... I emailed Thommo about the email that I received from Tamplins PA...

I am also going by what I was told yesterday by Jerry.... Which differs greatly from the last paragraph.

.... But I'm guessing you wasn't there last night!!
So you were told one thing by someone that isn't currently in any active role with the club.
Then you were told something that didn't contradict that by someone that is in an active role in the club, and so decide that person must be lying.
Adrian

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:One question, and it is a genuine one. Is it Gerry or Jerry?? I always thought in this case it was Gerry?? Have I been wrong all this time??

Shame the rest of this situation is clouding an otherwise excellent start to the season, our best for some time.
His Companies Record shows his name as Gerald, which would suggest Gerry. Pretty sure I've always seen it as that as well.