Members Meeting on Monday

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
leewilson

Good read Mike. Hard to keep up with the twists, turns and contradictions in this entire saga. One thing for sure though is that Thompson's position is surely untenable with the lies and spin he's told throughout, plus his conduct in general around the club in recent times.
Diggerthedog

leewilson wrote:Good read Mike. Hard to keep up with the twists, turns and contradictions in this entire saga. One thing for sure though is that Thompson's position is surely untenable with the lies and spin he's told throughout, plus his conduct in general around the club in recent times.
Here Here. Would like to know why John Still is endorsing Tamplin :shock: Also the comment about them all now being best friends was made by that retard Sussex who was not even there.
ARNU

Alright I admit it, I'm usually on some wind up or other but this issue is more serious than most so I got one question:

Why, if as we presume, the club has financial problems ( you don't need a degree in maths here) don't we just accept this offer ? A man/ some men with money want to bail us out. Demonstrably they or some or one of them has injected money in already. They'll never get it back but we'll have a team to watch this and next and probably the next after that. Take the money and run surely.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Alright I admit it, I'm usually on some wind up or other but this issue is more serious than most so I got one question:

Why, if as we presume, the club has financial problems ( you don't need a degree in maths here) don't we just accept this offer ? A man/ some men with money want to bail us out. Demonstrably they or some or one of them has injected money in already. They'll never get it back but we'll have a team to watch this and next and probably the next after that. Take the money and run surely.
AFC Hornchurch? We have always been told by the MD that the club lives within its means, we have been lied too. Play a load of kids for all I care its does not need an injection of cash it just needs to live within its means.
Chigwellian

I shall say it again for some posters. . there are bare faced lies being told by someone
mickeyblue

shambles so not only has the last few seasons been awful on the pitch its been run badly aswell. would like to know the wage bill with the likes of nosworthy. not just tommo that needs a look at imo.

bucket collection soon i suspect.

oh a fa cup is needed again
but we finished 9th!
Alan

leewilson wrote:Good read Mike. Hard to keep up with the twists, turns and contradictions in this entire saga. One thing for sure though is that Thompson's position is surely untenable with the lies and spin he's told throughout, plus his conduct in general around the club in recent times.
In any other business, an MD who steered the company into this position and then made public statements that the club was fine (which creditors will have heard) when it wasn't, would be on their way out. Football seems to work differently to the rest of the world.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:
In any other business, an MD who steered the company into this position and then made public statements that the club was fine (which creditors will have heard) when it wasn't, would be on their way out. Football seems to work differently to the rest of the world.
And he gave himself a pay rise :lol: :lol:
NBDag

What I don't understand is why Tamplin and Thommo have said two completely different things about our financial position, when they're both on the same side. I think I'm going to believe Thommo on this though, and say that we are not so tight for money that we can't last the season. Because if we are that skint- why have we just brought in Terry Harris? Why have we just bought in Corey Whitely? Two more than unnecessary signings that surely wouldn't have been made if we were that cash strapped.
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:What I don't understand is why Tamplin and Thommo have said two completely different things about our financial position, when they're both on the same side. I think I'm going to believe Thommo on this though, and say that we are not so tight for money that we can't last the season. Because if we are that skint- why have we just brought in Terry Harris? Why have we just bought in Corey Whitely? Two more than unnecessary signings that surely wouldn't have been made if we were that cash strapped.
DiggerDagger wrote:Mr Tamplin also stated that he has offered a £200,000 unconditional donation to the club whatever the outcome of the current process. Our source stated he heard that this was going straight into the playing budget and was behind the recent signings. It is unclear whether this money has actually been paid yet which is a potential concern if it is already effectively spent.
dagger4eva

I know who I believe on this subject … and it isn’t Thompson!!

He's said and in fact boasted for years about how run we were and how other club’s chairmen always expressed their amazement on the subject. And yet, as Mike points out – until only 1-2 weeks ago saying we needed investment to compete at the top end of the league – actually it seems without any outside investment we will be up shit creek without a paddle.

Then you chuck in the point DTD made about giving himself a pay rise (true fact) and should arise to the fact that WHATEVER the outcome here – Thompson has to go … simple as!

He has the man management skills of a turd and has handles this whole takeover process abysmally.

Good riddance!

As for Tamplin … I guess, for now… we will wait & see what he and all other two consortium members come up with!
steeevooo

Whilst I'm certainly not saying that I do believe Tommo in this argument about whether we have any money or not, it should be remembered that of course Tamplin is going to say that the club will go under without investment - it's one of the most obvious sales pitches to make!!

"If you don't accept my investment then there is a very real chance that your club will go bust, therefore you should definitely accept my investment..."

Therefore we should still take it with a little pinch of salt IMO.
dagger4eva

True mate BUT Steve and all the other Board members were also present at the same meeting so he wouldn't have been able to get away with making such claims (without them being challenged) by the other parties if they weren't factually correct...
mickeyblue

surely one of the members challenged tommo, if not any future meeting questions need to be asked of current board and tommo.

it does sound a bit fishy that all of a sudden we are run at a massive loss that will affect the future of the club at same time as a unpopular takeover bid looms.

anyways coyd
but we finished 9th!