Johnny Hoof

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

On the floor today
Diggerthedog

Watching on TV from my sickbed we can play either way. Like last week game over before half time, we will go through a few rocky patches this season but boy what a start after years of crap.

One thing is for sure it won't be boring this season.
dagger4eva

There are goals throughout the entire team

Games are entertaining

We have players who (drum roll) actually want to play for the club again

We have won 3 games at HOME already and were not even into September.

Johnny Hoof indeed!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well we certainly mixed it up today , took a team apart that is based on a sound defence .

Third home game running that the opponents MOM has been the Goalkeeper, could have at least doubled the amount of goals we have scored if if was not for three very good performances by the Oppossing Goalkeeper, they all turn up here and play out of their skin at least a half dozen really good saves today by the Wrexhsm stopper without him the score could have got embarrassing.

The only question I will ask is Hawkins and Whiteley keep this up don't think we will be seeing much of Benno thought the boy Whiteley looked really impressive and unlucky not to score.

Matt Robinson was again impressive doing all the dirty work and Robson is getting better all the time alongside Doe.

Well done Boys you are doing us proud
daggersjeff

Excellent performance today.... thought we lost a lot when Gutteridge went off...he looks the main driving force in the team

Long may it last!!!!
daggersjeff

Oh...... lets hope a money club doesn't decide to take a punt on Hawkins over the next 7 days!!!
leewilson

Pretty much perfect today.

Thought Staunton did very well for a first start. He often had to deal with an extra man at the back post and did so well. Although Hawkins got MOTM today for the hat-trick, I have to say I thought Boucaud was excellent. Probably the hardest working performance I've seen him put in and he looks a player transformed. What's very noticable about him under Still is that he passes forward. Under Burnett, he would go sideways and that would be it. In this team, he's always looking for Guttridge or Maguire-Drew who drop into pockets of space. The opposition haven't been able to cope with that as of yet.

Forward players, we're spoilt for choice which is excellent. I don't want to rely on a 36 year old Benson, I'd rather he be there in reserve and he may just end up scoring 1 or 2 important goals this season. What's excellent though is Fejiri, Whiteley, Assombalonga and Maguire-Drew all look like they have goals in them. I suppose they've all (bar MD) scored prolifically at a lower level so they know where the net is. And then you have Guttridge who will pop up with goals and is just the man to link everything together. Hopefully he's ok after coming off. I do feel that Whiteley or MD could fill in for him if he's missing, probably not the same effect in terms of coordinating those around him but in terms of excitement and being able to conjure up pieces of magic, they both look to have a ton of talent.

Exciting times to be a Dagenham fan again.
stanton101

As already stated, a great performance from the boys today, I honestly thought we'd come unstuck today, but gladly I was proved wrong. Some of our passing and movement today was superb. Whitely looked a proper handful when he came on and like as said if it hadn't been for some excellent goalkeeping would have capped a fine home debut with a goal. Well done lads, let's keep it up on Monday.
Adrian

There's a game plan that suits the players we've got.
Football can be incredibly simple when you do things like that.

Guttridge is so important - he doesn't stop talking to his team mates,to the extent that I think he ended up confusing the referee into thinking he was moaning at him.

Everyone is playing with confidence as well - Fejiri didn't have his best his best game today but kept going and kept trying.
Really liked trying he look of Whitely - strong, quick, good with the ball.
BarkingRambo

Whitely looked brilliant. A Neymar haircut and a non league playing ability to match.

I'm loving that we can say what's the worse that's happening with the squad. A winger that's winning the ball fine but isn't putting the ball away the best in Feriji or Widdowson not doing the best today, but the centre backs are coping perfectly. What a difference to last year. I'm proud of my club again.
davei

Arnu, would love to hear your thoughts on the season thus far.........
BarkingRambo

We are clearly going to get a hammering like the Chester game soon but for now we have scored 3 goals in half of the games this season and we have to enjoy that
ARNU

davei wrote:Arnu, would love to hear your thoughts on the season thus far.........
Loving it. 3 home wins out of 3 and a nice mix of passing and hoof. This team wants to play, wants to win and we have some fearsome attacking players. Defenders are doing their jobs well and I'm especially happy for boucard who I've always believed is a good player. What's not to like?

As for Johnny Hoof.....This league is what he does best, just look at his record. I'd be a bit put out if anyone thought I didn't give credit where it's due, the football he gave us last season was shit and it wouldn't be unfair to mention the fact that he's been at the helm for some pretty poor seasons and performances too. I'm on record for saying many times " hoofball done well is fine" but I do rather prefer it if we play the ball around a bit. Lastly, the best way to shut up any critic is to win games. The fact we are doing it with some style is a credit to the manager.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
len

That was a brilliant display from the team with some outstanding performances from a number of players. A few years ago Dwight Gayle made his debut for the Daggers and immediately looked a special talent, having seen Corey Whitely at Woking last week and again in the game yesterday I would say this boy again looks a special talent. He came on yesterday for 30 minutes and created 3 or 4 chances for himself and was unlucky not to score at least a,couple of goals. All credit to John Still again in being able to find talent like this.