A stupid, unrealistic idea

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TommyD&R

Dean Cox has been released by Orient. He can only sign for a club at conference level or below before the window reopens in January. I know he's not popular here and we don't have the budget but wouldn't it be nice to have a player of his quality for a few months. Suspect Forest Green have been on the phone already.
stanton101

That owner of theirs is barking mad, he has to be one of their best players and only just come back from a lengthy injury.
We haven't a cat in hells chance, but I suspect you may be right about fgr.
Leopardman

If he has been released then is a free agent. This means he can sign for any team in any league.
Dagdale

Orient are going down the same road as another fine traditional London club, Charlton Athletic (Mass protests, boycotting etc) and sadly greed and quick fix successes by many people who've jumped onto the football ownership bandwagon have changed the game to non recognition.
DaggerJoel11

He cannot sign for an EFL club until January. This means he can sign for any National League club until January. Obviously he's looking for a short term deal and which local National League club could he join short-term that's only round the corner without uprooting his family? Let's hope his wages are do - able.

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/s ... _1_4681212
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

What are Orient thinking? I suppose as Dagenham fans we can all see the logic in him signing a short term deal with us haha. But realistically we surely have next to no chance.

And for me he's only not popular here because of how good he is against us. I'd happily look past that free kick he moved about 5 yards forward last season, if he was stupid enough to sign for us.
BarkingRambo

If there is any guy that might be able to charm him into joining us its John Still. Even if its a pay as you play / till you get a better offer style deal, any extra players while our squad is starting to look tired would be useful.