Boreham Wood

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
mickeyblue

ThatRoundThing wrote:I am pretty certain that we will concede today, bringing our Home clean sheet run to an end. I reckon the game will have 2/3 goals at least. We should get the win but only if gutts plays. Raymond is now getting moments of game time but is not in the same class as gutts. He still has a lot to learn, reminds me of Bingham in his early days.
i also think this about raymond. me personally id rather have stuanton in there for some muscle and just give the ball to our forward 3 to feed hawkins. we have goals in us thats clear to see but the midfield needs to protect the defence a hell of alot more than been doing.
coyd
but we finished 9th!
DaggerJoel11

This will be hard and without Boucaud and Guttridge we will struggle. I'm gonna remain optimistic and say we'll pick up an unconvincing 1-0 won, MD the scorer. This is the team I'd play:

GK: Elliot Just ham
LB: Joe Widdowson
CB: Craig Robson
CB: Scott Doe
RB: Curtley Williams
LW: Jordan Maguire-Drew
CM: Frankie Raymond
CM: Josh Staunton
CM: Matt Robinson
RW: Fejiri Okenabirhie
ST: Oliver Hawkins
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Kevin

I think this may well be a tough one today.

We are pretty much a brand new, young & inexperienced team - it will take time for things to completely click together. Plenty of opposition teams will be a little more street-wise than us, and there will be times (like against Sutton) where we come unstuck.

I'm actually keen for Luke Howell to be available - think his experience could help in the middle of the park, especially for certain games.
stanton101

A close one this, I'm going for a 2-1 win, goal apiece for Hawkins and Whitely.
Lcbdagger

Well that was dreadful... Regardless of our start to the season or league positron or the home record up to then, that ninety minutes was horrible! The opposition probably won't end up to half come May... Never thought we'd look so poor with two of the three starting midfielders not fit to play. I'm starting to wonder why I was one of the group asking when Raymond would get a game as I don't know what he offers... Rare this session that I've felt like we never had a goal in us after going behind, especially at Home
redboy

Totally agree with the previous post. Like a bloke with a 2" wiener, we had no penetration. Plenty of possession, but where was the end product. Raymond has been given a great opportunity to cement a place in the side and has done nothing. Fey was dreadful again and with Gutts looking at a lengthy time on the sidelines, things are not looking good. In a week we have paid two very ordinary sides, dropped 6 points and scored no goals.
leewilson

Disappointing but not surprising when you put it into perspective. The thing I was most disappointed about actually was Benson not being brought on. I thought these sort of matches were the reason why we resigned him. Personally, I'd have switched to 4-4-2 and gone more direct with Benson/Hawkins up top and JMD/Whiteley wide, once we'd gone behind. Also didn't agree with JMD in the hole and Whiteley wide, thought it should have been the other way round.

Bright spots. I thought Hawkins played very well despite the little service. Should have done better with his chance but he did everything he could to bring others into play. I thought Doe and Robson were excellent and are building a nice little partnership back there.

Credit to Boreham Wood though. They identified a weak link (Staunton) and looked to get the ball to Balanta as often as possible. Smart from them and it built confidence and momentum.

Half and half with the Raymond criticism. He's had a disappointing few games but then it's not surprising really considering he's barely featured over the past year. People have short memories sometimes. He has shown previously in League 2 that he's a tidy player. I think the problem largely is that him and Robinson are pretty much the same type of player.

Nothing to panic about here. We were always going to have frustrating days this season.
Adrian

I think Raymond would have benefitted from having Guttridge in front of him.
The Fejiri, JMD and Whiteley seemed to be rotating around in front of him but none of them offer what Guttridge does there.

We're going to have bad games. Some people are going to have to get used to that.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mmmmmm . Very disaappointing , once again looked OK until we conceaded but lacked ideas of how to get back into the game. From the first goal some of our decision making was pretty awfull.

Seems to be a trait we seem to lose our way after going a goal behind and the worrying thing is the second game running could not see us scoring.

Today show how we lack experiance in vital areas , needed somebody to grab hold of the situation especially In midfield.

Good to see Luke Howell make the bench but he is obviously not ready as surely he would have been given a go, we were crying out for somebody like him . If we have unfit players on the bench the depth of our squad can't be high , need to get back on it ,next four games. .are important as after that we have a horrid October.

Never mind lads go again next week