Dreadfull

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

What was that ? Has Wayne Burnett come back. We got a few passengers here who need to get off the bus. Whitley was awful , Staunton can't run or track back, Robinson was dire and Raymond just offers nothing. I'll accept a few of the others may have been tired or having an off day but that performance was more like the Johny hoof I got to know and loathe. Only Doe , Robson and the keeper came out of that with any credit. Miserable !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

That was predictable.

What do you expect?
We've got a largely inexperienced side, and a couple of important players out.

One of the biggest problems was that some of them were trying too hard at times but we're making the wrong decisions.

I'd rather watch them have a good go and get the wrong than the dross we had last year.
Pondfield Dagger

Me too thought Burnett was back, ht team talk resulting in opposition scoring in 4 mins, injury time goal conceded and only 1 sub used, piss poor management...
admin
Site Admin

I would of expected to win today, really disappointed. However it needs to be remembered that Still will bring in young hungry players who are inexperienced. Don't think Robson or Raymond are ready yet, looking forward to Boucard and Howell coming back. Ferji weren't his best today, missed a sitter. Thought some of the fans were a bit harsh on Maguire-Drew as he worked hard today.

Only thing I did find odd was, why did we only make one sub today?
lupins

Dreadfull?
Perhaps we are just having a bad spell
Alan

Pondfield Dagger wrote:Me too thought Burnett was back, ht team talk resulting in opposition scoring in 4 mins, injury time goal conceded and only 1 sub used, piss poor management...

Crikey, 2 weeks ago everyone thought we were brilliant. Calm down; it was an ok first half but we did t move the ball quickly enough, but a poor second half. If Okenbiherie stuck away the 1 on 1 after they scored, I think we would have gone on to win. On to the next game.
JFJBENSTEAD

A disappointing day; early season optimism is drifting away.

Still nowhere near as bad as last year; the players did seem to be trying. The quality was lacking today but has been seen more in earlier games and I hope Weston see it again.

My main concern is injuries. Small squad and we've lost two defenders (Penell and Williams) for some time. Most concerning of all, Still said after the game that he expects Guttridge to be out 'for a while' (whatever that means). He has really shown his quality when he's played this season. He was always a threat and he is going to be a BIG miss.

Borehamwood were a well organised side and the lack of experience in the team showed.

Many ups and downs to come but, despite today, I'm still enjoying watching us play far more this season in last. It was nice to be disappointed at losing rather than being resigned to/expecting it.
Mark

It was poor but some perspective is needed. I predicted that and surely it isn't that surprising? Look at how we've been playing up til now and then who was missing today. We have very few experienced players and 3 of them are out.

Whitely and Fejiri had bad games but they're new to the level. They won't do the right things every game.

Staunton was up against their best player but grew into it. He'll learn from today. Not sure how anyone can criticise Robinson either save for one 50/50 he pulled out of.
Diggerthedog

Hopefully the last two results are a slap in the face to those who expect us to be up there this season. Mid table at best anything else will be a bonus.

Shame we lost today we had a decent home crowd.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Think this is a bit harsh. First half we were in control don't recall them having a shot on us , we'll certainly nothing we could cope with.

Total Inexperianced showed when we went behind. desperate for a bit of experiance in the middle in such circumstances .

As mentioned can't complain about the commitment but we are short of numbers the squad is made up of at least half a dozen who will be nowhere near the side this year add in the injuries we have and we are down to the bones, if Luke Howell was anywhere near fit surely he is called upon it is obvious he is not ready yet, the only Sub I was surprised we did not use was Benno.

Result was disappointing , the second half performance was disaappointing but as previous posters have said we at least tried.
Reg Varneys wife

We needed to get down the wings and put decent crosses onto Hawkins head, he wins the ball in the air 99 percent of the time.
I thought that was obvious at half time and I expected to see it in the second half, but it did not happen.
We had the same problem with Burnett's teams no wingers capable of putting a decent cross into the box.
Hawkins will do the job for us if we give him the service.
Obviously we missed Gutteridge big time, no midfield at all, don't know what Raymond was supposed to be doing?.
Early days yet, I think Mr Still will sort it out.
NBDag

Staunton was horrific yesterday, but he's clearly out of position. Would rather see Shepherd get a go at RB if Williams is out for much longer.

I reckon after Boucard and Howell are back, we should look much better. JMD just didn't have the bounce of the ball in his favour yesterday, and I'm willing to give Whitely the benefit of the doubt and say yesterday was just an off-day for him. Both of those play how we've seen them play before then Guttridge shouldn't be missed too much.

I think it's time to swap Fejiri out of the starting XI for Assombalonga too. He's been a shadow of the player we saw against Southport, and Assombalonga looks like he can do a lot of damage at this level. He just doesn't stop running.

This week has been dross, but everyone will drop points against worse teams during the season. No need to start thinking that we can't make the top 5 just yet.
TommyD&R

NBDag wrote: This week has been dross, but everyone will drop points against worse teams during the season. No need to start thinking that we can't make the top 5 just yet.
Spot on, the majority of pre season predictions were 5th-10th. It's still a good side to watch. No need to panic yet!
bearaab

Classic arnu. 4 players getting their first proper run of first team football written off by early September. I can see where you're coming from, most young inexperienced sides are really consistent.