Boreham Wood - 5 things I learned

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Adrian

Hawkins can't play as a lone striker?
He did the job really well today, but hide around him weren't getting things right.
The chance he missed wasn't that easy.
He had more time but wouldn't have expected to, and the ball didn't sit well after he chested it down.

Maguire-Drews free kicks aren't as good as they look. The saves have all looked good but are saves that keepers should be making.
leewilson

Adrian wrote: Maguire-Drews free kicks aren't as good as they look. The saves have all looked good but are saves that keepers should be making.
I was saying this to some friends earlier. His free kicks could do with a bit more power and a bit less loop. They just give the keeper enough time to get across and tip them over as they're coming down. Don't get me wrong, they're hardly poor efforts. But it's no coincidence that the 3-4 very close efforts so far have all been saved by fingertips.
Paul from Barking

We've gone back to being shit?
stanton101

Can't say I'll argue with any of that Joel. The truth is when Boucard and Guttridge are missing we are a very average side. Barring a catastrophe Boucard will play the majority of matches this season but sadly we'll be lucky to get 20 games out of Guttridge, he's that type of player I'm afraid. I must admit the big disappointment for me so far has been Raymond. After singing his praises for a while now, he's in danger of becoming just a bit part player. Instead of grabbing the chance to impress at a time when needed he has simply faded, for what reason only he knows.
We're still a relatively new side and there will be many ups and downs, but a top half finish isn't beyond us and that with this side is probably the best we can hope for, unless there's some serious investment in the meantime of course.
Diggerthedog

Paul from Barking wrote:We've gone back to being shit?
Certainly not, the last two games year we have lost but certainly had chances ok get a result out of both games. We need to get a few wins this month though as October and November fixtures wise are a lot tougher.