Tamplin - Yes or No

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Should the club sell out it's soul to Glenn Tamplin?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:44 am

Hell Yes
8%
Hell No
45%
Reluctant Yes
8%
Reluctant No
3%
Undecided due to lack of info
38%

Total votes: 40
Mark

Or, more likely, we'll spend his money on shit pros who couldn't get a gig at Orient, stumble to some kind of promotion, then he'll get bored and walk away whilst we get folded for not paying hmrc and end up with no club. And in the interim period him and his arrogant mouthy orange mates will be lording it over us.

Edit: he might even replace our pitch with 3g, rent it out 7 days a week and extract all the profit into his bank account.
stanton101

What will be, will be. I personally think Tamplin will get his way in the end. I remember last year a lot of people were saying it wouldn't be such a bad thing if we went down. We'd at least win some matches and have a lot of new grounds and jolly ups along the way, was the order of the day. I wonder how they feel now? If we had of offered the job out instead of going for JS, we may have just stayed up, a slim chance maybe but a chance nonetheless. And now here we are, two defeats on the trot to teams we should murder, the behind the scenes activities are a mess and the gates have dropped through the floor. Relegation as I predicted would be an utter disaster for the club, and so it's been proved. A complete mess from top to bottom. Still we have a trip to Solihull on Saturday, so who gives a shit eh.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Yeah I get it but what sort of revenue do you think 1200 gates produces ? Bearing in mind my st works out about £8.65 a game. What sort of success do you expect on that? With this money we might just go up again sometime soon.
Yes because all the income for the club is just from gate receipts.

Sponsorship
Merchandise
Bar takings
Profit from supporters club revenues and programme shop
Hall hires
Pitch hires
Cup win money
Player sales
Tv money
Parachute Payments

I'm Missing some others I'm sure.

It all adds up to about £1m which is more than enough for this level to compete. Braintree and Dover managed it on half of that last season.
ARNU

Yeah now do the outgoings and the taxman.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Yeah now do the outgoings and the taxman.
Whatever your left over with its enough to to compete. I know you want immediate success at any cost because you have another team to fall back on. How's your new seat at the athletics stadium?