Chairmans reply to Consortium

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

ARNU wrote:A lot of people got there wish last season and we returned to the conference
Yep, the likes of yourself and Sussex go to have Burnett kept around far too long and it left us screwed.
ARNU

When Burnett took over you was all slagging him off before he got started. My point being it was change and you lot don't like change do ya ? Now we got no money and were telling a £45 millionaire to do one. I don't think we can call the shots anymore. Looks to me like investment or liquidation. Tampon may well be a flash idiot who knows. The fact he wants to punt good money on a club so small with such a minuscule fan base tells me this probably ain't about the money. The other offer of not enough money from an ex player somehow gets your juices flowing though. Your all excited about benno coming back,glen Southam warming up and Scott griffiths and the good old days. Other idiots demanding gate prices be lowered further still. Smell the coffee were ****** without investment.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
TomMc

ARNU wrote:Looks to me like investment or liquidation.
Then you've not been paying attention. Alan's explained the situation pretty succinctly.

Edit - Dave Bennett explained the situation in the DiggerDagger interview too.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:When Burnett took over you was all slagging him off before he got started. My point being it was change and you lot don't like change do ya ? Now we got no money and were telling a £45 millionaire to do one. I don't think we can call the shots anymore. Looks to me like investment or liquidation. Tampon may well be a flash idiot who knows. The fact he wants to punt good money on a club so small with such a minuscule fan base tells me this probably ain't about the money. The other offer of not enough money from an ex player somehow gets your juices flowing though. Your all excited about benno coming back,glen Southam warming up and Scott griffiths and the good old days. Other idiots demanding gate prices be lowered further still. Smell the coffee were ****** without investment.
I don't recall anyone slagging off Burnett when he took over.

I do recall some surprise when he then got the job full time having almost relegated us as caretaker.

I don't believe there was any proper turn against him until we started playing so poorly at home throughout 2014. The real turning point was losing to a really poor Southport side in the FA Cup, and even you lost it with him after we lost to Stevenage on Boxing Day to go bottom (although you like to forget that).

Still, never mind facts eh, it's ARNU on a wind up.

So, snag the first passing double glazing salesman/builder/dodgy geezer with a wad and a tan and it'll all be sorted. This is the ARNU solution. Don't worry about his motivation, ongoing plans, or even if its enough money, just get it sorted quick as we can.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:When Burnett took over you was all slagging him off before he got started. My point being it was change and you lot don't like change do ya ? Now we got no money and were telling a £45 millionaire to do one. I don't think we can call the shots anymore. Looks to me like investment or liquidation. Tampon may well be a flash idiot who knows. The fact he wants to punt good money on a club so small with such a minuscule fan base tells me this probably ain't about the money. The other offer of not enough money from an ex player somehow gets your juices flowing though. Your all excited about benno coming back,glen Southam warming up and Scott griffiths and the good old days. Other idiots demanding gate prices be lowered further still. Smell the coffee were ****** without investment.
Blimey, on top of arnu maths, we now have arnu history.

No one slagged off Burnett when he took over.
Some of us saw the crap coming a whole lot quicker than you did though.

There are loads of people that haven't spoken out against us changing the set up of the club.
Many have said change is needed, but also know it needs to be done the right way.

Not many have actually got sucked into the Goodwin/East offer.
mickeyblue

Adrian wrote:
Blimey, on top of arnu maths, we now have arnu history.

No one slagged off Burnett when he took over.
Some of us saw the crap coming a whole lot quicker than you did though.

There are loads of people that haven't spoken out against us changing the set up of the club.
Many have said change is needed, but also know it needs to be done the right way.

Not many have actually got sucked into the Goodwin/East offer.
+1 to all of that.
but we finished 9th!
steeevooo

Regardless of who does or doesn't take over, one thing is absolutely certain - the club needs to significantly overhaul it's commercial department and practices. Whether or not we need an immediate injection of funds or not, if the club is better marketed and makes far better use of its available facilities, then the need to further injections of cash down the line is minimised.

It has already been mentioned a few times in the thread that the clubhouse is, it is fair to say, relatively appalling. It really sunk home to what extent this is the case after the Boreham Wood game - okay, we had just lost a very poor match of football, but come 7pm (only 2 hours after the game) there were less than 10 people in the downstairs bar, and the upstairs bar had closed. I'm also pretty sure that not everyone in the bar had even watched the game. If, on a Saturday night (regardless of if there is a home match or not), you are getting less that 10 people using your bar, then there is something going seriously wrong. The club has facilities at its disposal, but needs to make far, far better use of them.

Promotionally, I cannot recall any meaningful attempts by the club to promote itself, to promote the local, family-friendly football team or to promote the facilities available and on offer. I can't remember any meaningful attempts or promotions to attract new fans (beyond the kids for a quid and anti-racism days, which even then aren't well advertised....).

There really is a lot more that this club can do to help itself, and sadly this has been the case for too many years now!
NBDag

I think that Arnu is right to a certain extent. There is a fear of change at this club. From where I'm standing it seems like some people are a bit too keen to keep Dagenham as their small local club. I like how we are right now, but I want something to aspire to. I don't want to be looking at the club and thinking "this is all it'll ever be". Otherwise what's the point of us playing competitive games?
People are right to have their reservations about a takeover, but if we ever want to see this club grow we will need to be taken over. Our set up as a members club will never bring in the capital needed to make us grow. Im sure someone can come in and maybe name one or two, but I can't think of any established league clubs that have our set up. We need a real businessman here with some commercial nous and huge ambition. I don't know whether Tamplin is that man, but I know that Bennet, Thommo etc. aren't.
dagger4eva

Not 1 person protesting is saying we want to remain a small, local, non existent little club.

Not 1 person protesting is saying we shouldn’t be open to the suggestion of outside investment as required.

Not 1 person protesting is anything but 100% supportive of the team John has assembled.

What people are objecting too is having a less than desirable wide boy, with a business history almost identically mirroring Hornchurch’s own Uncle Urchin – forced upon us by a board of directors who have failed miserably during the last couple or so years in almost every single department.

In the latest Dag Post article http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... _1_4692625

Stilly says people should protest only when everyone has gone. “Stand outside forever and do it”
SO he reckons we are fine to protest – but only when there is no sod around to hear or witness it. Ok then… that will be really effective wont it….. not!!

Sounds like the Kim Jung Thompson effect is spreading through the club like wildfire tbh!!
Mark

I can see John's point to an extent. His job is to manage the team and anything that negatively affects the players is bad for him. I would hope that the lads get a full ovation for any performance like Saturday and the protest is a secondary thing.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote:I can see John's point to an extent. His job is to manage the team and anything that negatively affects the players is bad for him. I would hope that the lads get a full ovation for any performance like Saturday and the protest is a secondary thing.
They got great support during and after the game, only on the way out walking past the directors section did any protest start.
lupins

That will have no effect on the Team that's okay

It is tricky the protest issue but once there is a major disconnect between Team and Supporters there is a problem
NBDag

Diggerthedog wrote:
Mark wrote:I can see John's point to an extent. His job is to manage the team and anything that negatively affects the players is bad for him. I would hope that the lads get a full ovation for any performance like Saturday and the protest is a secondary thing.
They got great support during and after the game, only on the way out walking past the directors section did any protest start.
That's quite simply not true. I was behind the goal and during the match there were songs coming from the group to the right behind the goal, that were singing about Tamplin, Dave the Plumber etc.
Adrian

dagger4eva wrote:Not 1 person protesting is saying we want to remain a small, local, non existent little club.

Not 1 person protesting is saying we shouldn’t be open to the suggestion of outside investment as required.

Not 1 person protesting is anything but 100% supportive of the team John has assembled.

What people are objecting too is having a less than desirable wide boy, with a business history almost identically mirroring Hornchurch’s own Uncle Urchin – forced upon us by a board of directors who have failed miserably during the last couple or so years in almost every single department.

In the latest Dag Post article http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... _1_4692625

Stilly says people should protest only when everyone has gone. “Stand outside forever and do it”
SO he reckons we are fine to protest – but only when there is no sod around to hear or witness it. Ok then… that will be really effective wont it….. not!!

Sounds like the Kim Jung Thompson effect is spreading through the club like wildfire tbh!!
Still doesnt say you should only protest when everyone is gone.
He says "when we're gone" - a fairly obvious reference to the players and coaches.

Twisting things like his doesn't your side no good.
SUSSEX DAGGER

p.s I Resign.

Which has just been announced