Chairmans reply to Consortium

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

Mike the dagger- think you've completely misread what I've said. I didn't say Tamplin is the Essex Abramovich. I just used Abramovich as proof that someone's business history doesn't dictate what they will be like a club owner.

Diggerthedog- Finally, someone has rumbled me. It is I- Dave the Plumber. I'm using this forum so I can anonymously say that I want Thommo out, that Raymond is useless and to slate our fans songs last year about paedophiles. How did you manage to see through my alias so easily?

DI Mike- not saying he can do whatever he wants as long as he's a good owner. I'm saying that what he has done does not necessarily define what he will be like.
Alan

NBDag wrote:Ok then fair enough- so he broke the rules and had a noise violation. It's his workers that made the noise not him. And breaking a noise violation doesn't mean he's a horrible person or a dodgy businessman.
This really is daft. He runs the place, he's responsible for his staff. Does ignoring planning restriction imposed to control the noise from a steelworks for the benefit of nearby residents and continuing to do so over a course of years despite notices from the council make you a horrible person?

http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/n ... _1_3688961

http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/p ... _1_3902688
NBDag

Alan wrote: This really is daft. He runs the place, he's responsible for his staff. Does ignoring planning restriction imposed to control the noise from a steelworks for the benefit of nearby residents and continuing to do so over a course of years despite notices from the council make you a horrible person?

Ok so both of these are from 2014. Has it continued since then? Maybe he learned a lesson from it, God forbid.

But even back then- if you're running a business and someone isn't enforcing a restriction upon you, and as a result you're making your company more money. Are you going to stop exploiting this lack of enforcement? I bet most businesses won't. Business ain't about being liked it's about making money. If you're not liked but you're making a shed load of money, I say you're doing it well. So no he may not have been playing nice, but that's how the world works.
Diggerthedog

NBDag wrote:Mike the dagger- think you've completely misread what I've said. I didn't say Tamplin is the Essex Abramovich. I just used Abramovich as proof that someone's business history doesn't dictate what they will be like a club owner.

Diggerthedog- Finally, someone has rumbled me. It is I- Dave the Plumber. I'm using this forum so I can anonymously say that I want Thommo out, that Raymond is useless and to slate our fans songs last year about paedophiles. How did you manage to see through my alias so easily?

DI Mike- not saying he can do whatever he wants as long as he's a good owner. I'm saying that what he has done does not necessarily define what he will be like.
Sorry Dave Love Digger

x
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Dagger83 wrote:I don't care if he bankrupts us, asset strips us or merges us with Leyton Orient but now I know he has no regard for the noise pollution rules I am firmly in the no camp.
Maybe he could bring some of the offending parties in to improve the atmosphere? Then I'd be on board
Alan

NBDag wrote:
Alan wrote: This really is daft. He runs the place, he's responsible for his staff. Does ignoring planning restriction imposed to control the noise from a steelworks for the benefit of nearby residents and continuing to do so over a course of years despite notices from the council make you a horrible person?

Ok so both of these are from 2014. Has it continued since then? Maybe he learned a lesson from it, God forbid.

But even back then- if you're running a business and someone isn't enforcing a restriction upon you, and as a result you're making your company more money. Are you going to stop exploiting this lack of enforcement? I bet most businesses won't. Business ain't about being liked it's about making money. If you're not liked but you're making a shed load of money, I say you're doing it well. So no he may not have been playing nice, but that's how the world works.
To paraphrase, your view is that it's fine to break the law for your own personal gain. My view is that civilised society requires individuals to abide by the law.
NBDag

Alan- that's not what I've said. You've made it out as if I would happily endorse fraud if it meant a business could get ahead. This is a noise violation, something I bet we've all broken before when throwing a party. But if the authorities aren't stopping you from doing something slightly immoral that benefits you or your business, you're not going to voluntarily stop are you? You would just be prepared to accept your wrongdoing if you're ever pulled up on it.
Alan

Ok, so which laws is it ok to break for personal gain?

The noise pollution was over 2 years and continued despite enforcement notices, according to the reports.
NBDag

Alan wrote:Ok, so which laws is it ok to break for personal gain?

The noise pollution was over 2 years and continued despite enforcement notices, according to the reports.
I haven't actually said its ok, I've just said would you or any other business do any different? Unless you're the fabled Saint Alan of Dagenham, I'm guessing that the answer is no. Even if you don't want to swallow your pride and admit it. It's fine to accept that the world and the people in it aren't perfect.
Auntie Merge

NBDag wrote:

I haven't actually said its ok, I've just said would you or any other business do any different? Unless you're the fabled Saint Alan of Dagenham, I'm guessing that the answer is no. Even if you don't want to swallow your pride and admit it. It's fine to accept that the world and the people in it aren't perfect.
I would do things differently, and I speak as someone who has been affected by noise pollution for the past three years, as well as other breaches from a house near me. We've had skip deliveries at 6am, weekend working, particularly on Sundays, and the owners have an asbo over them for fixing 10
External lights which shine into our bedrooms. Their unregulated building work has given at least 2 other properties a subsidence risk.

I was discussing having some building work done with my neighbours and I made it clear that the building work would take place 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday only, even if it lengthened out the time/cost to me. This is because I'm a considerate person who operates within the law of the land. In my experience, the apple never falls far from the tree. If someone behaves in a certain way in one business, they will go on and do it again and again.
Chigwellian

Well said Auntie... Some posters eh!
NBDag

Ok so you would do differently. I can understand that once being affected by something similar before. I'd put a lot of money though on you being a rarity. But the other part of the question you didn't answer- would you expect any other business to act differently? If you're answer is yes btw, you're being naïve about how nice businesses are.

My whole point is that AGP probably haven't done anything that any other business wouldn't do in that position. Ultimately businesses are run for profit and to get to the top most of them can't afford to stop and think about a baby trying to sleep at night. So with things like this it's best to remember this saying- Don't hate the player. Hate the game.
Alan

NBDag wrote:

You stated:

"If you're running a business and someone isn't enforcing a restriction upon you, and as a result you're making your company more money. Are you going to stop exploiting this lack of enforcement? I bet most businesses won't. Business ain't about being liked it's about making money. If you're not liked but you're making a shed load of money, I say you're doing it well."

And no, I've not broken any laws in my business - it doesn't make me a saint though, just an ordinary person.
Alan

Correction: I once inadvertently broke the Geneva Conventions.
NBDag

The question was would you expect any other business to do any different?

To your quote- yeah and I stand by that. Its part of the objective of a business to make as much money as possible, and in doing so you may be able to get away something slightly unethical. Doing something unethical is not ok. But if you have got away with it and your business has prospered from doing so. Your business has done well.

But this seems to be veering off track incredibly quickly and I'm sure we could both go on all day about this. So let's take it back to Merge's original post. So my question to you, Merge etc. is do you genuinely think that this is proof that Tamplin is unfit to run a football club?