Still threatens to leave

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

To be honest Tommy I believe that if we highlight individual things a) we could set up a lot of differences and could become a wider issue or else do the wise thing and give the benefit of the doubt and say lets move on and hope for whatever went on at that chosen moment, we as responsible adults know it wasn't right and at least have the decency to keep foul language and toxic atmosphere away from a family stand. I looked up at the top tier and two guys who have done tremendous work for our club over many moons the look on their faces will live with me for a long time. The place and timing was all wrong.
IanC

Gotta say i totally agree with Dale,im all for protesting but surely there was no need for the foul and disgusting language that was used when passing the main stand and frankly it was bloomin embarrassing.One of the great things about non-league is talking to our hosts and being friendly and it was another great day at another terrific club with good people.So it was very sad to end that way and all in front of families and children looking,thommo out,plumber out,tamplin out,there ya go protesting with no swearing! Wernt hard was it.
dagger4eva

At he last fans forum.
John Still "WHAT THE ****** HAS HAPPENED TO THIS CLUB. THIS IS NOT THE CLUB I LEFT BEHIND" - this was very much directed towards Steve & Dave.

Now he's decided he wants to part own the club with those same people + Tamplin & others and yet when long standing, loyal supporters dare show a most miniscule amount of displeasure AFTER THE FULL TIME WHISTLE about those same people he says "im not sure this is the club for me"

Make your mind up John !!!
Attachments
IMG_20160911_162556.jpg
IMG_20160911_162556.jpg (142.92 KiB) Viewed 9920 times
TommyD&R

We have been backing the team though, we're just not backing what's going on off the pitch
SUSSEX DAGGER

All very sad , but I would have thought that any fan that teavels 300 mile has as their main purpose for doing so is to support the Team. Obviously something developed yesterday but I am certain that not one of our Supporters went their with the intention of protesting.
IanC

Yeah gotta be said mate bit lame from our John,but im sure we all agree with other posts on here,that this nonsense has gone on far too long now and needs to be resolved soon as.Find it incredible grown up business people cant get their soddin heads together round a table and get the bloody thing sorted,its dagenham and redbridge not bloody real madrid, it really is ruining what is looking like being a great season for us.
Diggerthedog

It's a case of all those involved will say or do anything to give those protesting a bad name.

Take the very peaceful protest a few Monday's back at the club some jumped up Jag driver said we were scratching up his motor a load of nonsense.

People being accused of being abusive towards Tamplins family, nonsense.

Those that have organised the protests have made a effort to keep it away from games and certainly not during the games, yesterday it was at half time and after the game finished. Tranmere is on TV yet nothing has been planned when it so easily could be.

I think Still needs to keep quiet especially now he is part of the problem, the paying public can do what they want as long as it's within the rules. He is paid handsomely and should just do what he is paid to do, threatening to leave when people have paid good money and travelled half way up the country to support the TEAM is pathetic. He needs to be careful these new owner types are very trigger happy when it comes to Sacking managers.

They need to get on with the members vote and hopefully this can all end.
Daggertilidie

Not very professional by John coming out with this statement so now he thinks there is no life after still..well he was on his toes at Luton ...Let him go if he feels that strong .. me as a fan feels that we should not be held to frets ..Sorry John but we the fans are bigger than you and so is our club ..Go !!!!
NBDag

I still really just don't know what to make of this. I wouldn't be surprised if either before the game on Tuesday, or in his pre-match notes John apologises for his interview and retracts what he said.

However, if people really were being verbally abusive during this "protest" and it continues in the future, I can't really blame him for wanting to leave. As this isn't what this club used to be about. As I said I didn't see what happened after the game, but if people were being verbally abusive to Tamplin, Thommo etc. then you need to take a good look at yourself. Not only are you coming across as a moron by acting like that, but your cause loses its conviction once it turns dirty.
Diggerthedog

Some of the abuse towards the Solihull players was a disgrace but no mentions of that, double standards.
NBDag

Diggerthedog wrote:Some of the abuse towards the Solihull players was a disgrace but no mentions of that, double standards.
What abuse to their players? I was standing behind the goal and didn't hear anything apart from the singing to the keeper about it all being his fault. Anyone being abusive to their players for no reason is just as much of a muppet as the rest of them.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:It's a case of all those involved will say or do anything to give those protesting a bad name.

Take the very peaceful protest a few Monday's back at the club some jumped up Jag driver said we were scratching up his motor a load of nonsense.

Those that have organised the protests have made a effort to keep it away from games and certainly not during the games, yesterday it was at half time and after the game finished. Tranmere is on TV yet nothing has been planned when it so easily could be.

I think Still needs to keep quiet especially now he is part of the problem, the paying public can do what they want as long as it's within the rules. He is paid handsomely and should just do what he is paid to do, threatening to leave when people have paid good money and travelled half way up the country to support the TEAM is pathetic. He needs to be careful these new owner types are very trigger happy when it comes to Sacking managers.

So not that different to those being involved in the protest saying or doing anything to give those involved in the takeover a bad name then.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:It's a case of all those involved will say or do anything to give those protesting a bad name.

So not that different to those being involved in the protest saying or doing anything to give those involved in the takeover a bad name then.
Oh look the cowboy is back.
ARNU

I wonder genuinely how many people give a shut about this whole episode really. I don't. Clearly there's a bunch of people that do and that's fair enough but they don't speak for me. John still should stick to being a football manager , I support the team win or lose or whoever owns it. This little drama don't even figure in my life so forgive my dis interest.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Reg Varneys wife

TommyD&R wrote:It's over really, there was no way Tamplin wasn't getting full control of the club from the start. Still, at least the most local fans will have a Victoria road tesco megastore where the ground used to be in 10 or so years.
A Sainsbury's would be better.