Still threatens to leave

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Reg Varneys wife

[quote="NBDag"]

This really has opened my eyes to the sorry state that our club is currently in though, and for me this is our lowest moment over the past 2 and a bit years.

You obviously haven't been supporting the team much in the last 2 years if you think this is the lowest moment during that time.
stanton101

Oh no!!!! Does this mean the hoofy lovefest is over?? Surely not.
Adrian

What's a hoofy lovefest?
Mark

I've heard of foot fetishism but hooves is a whole new level
Auntie Merge

I haven't managed to read all the posts but.

1. We have a right to protest about what is happening to our club.
2. As far as I'm aware the protest didn't start until the match ended and the players
had been clapped.
3. If John Still had complained about the protest I am very unhappy.
The timing of the protest, possibly he could complain about, but not the protest in itself.
4. If John is thinking of quitting because of it, then John please go. As much as I love you there is a huge conflict of interest given you are putting money into the Tamplin takeover.
5. All supporters should continue to protest; do not let this carefully placed negative PR about a protest put you off. If anything I would urge those who are on the fence to join the protest and SAY NO TO TAMPLIN.
Adrian

Auntie Merge wrote:I haven't managed to read all the posts but.

1. We have a right to protest about what is happening to our club.
2. As far as I'm aware the protest didn't start until the match ended and the players
had been clapped.
3. If John Still had complained about the protest I am very unhappy.
The timing of the protest, possibly he could complain about, but not the protest in itself.
4. If John is thinking of quitting because of it, then John please go. As much as I love you there is a huge conflict of interest given you are putting money into the Tamplin takeover.
5. All supporters should continue to protest; do not let this carefully placed negative PR about a protest put you off. If anything I would urge those who are on the fence to join the protest and SAY NO TO TAMPLIN.
Why can't Still complain about the protest? It's detracted from a win and can't be doing a bunch of young players much good.

Is he putting into he takeover.
His name was mentioned as part of a third option. As far as I can tell it was by someone that is apparently untrustworthy, so why is it believed.

Finally, all supporters should not protest, they should do what they want to.
DI Mike Dashwood

Merge, why should all supporters protest?? People have been criticising the Club/Steve Thompson for behaving like a North Korean Government but you are now telling all supporters what they should think??
Auntie Merge

@Adrian you should read the post about the last offer letter from the Chairman to the members. You will see that one of the offers includes £100,000 from John Still.

I am not telling all supporters to do anything but I am urging those who are on the fence to join the protest.
Phippo

John Still should stick to the job he's paid for! He left the club previously in very distasteful circumstances, and returned when kicked out of the club he left us for. Fortunately for John (and maybe the club) he was welcomed back, and seems to be doing a better job of it then when he abandoned us! What has happened to John's never to high or low attitude?
Adrian

Auntie Merge wrote:@Adrian you should read the post about the last offer letter from the Chairman to the members. You will see that one of the offers includes £100,000 from John Still.

I am not telling all supporters to do anything but I am urging those who are on the fence to join the protest.
I've read it. As I said, it's a proposal from Tamplin who is apparently untrustworthy.
Until that point I'm not aware of any mention of Still investigating at all.

I find it odd that you're willing to take that as gospel but reject so much else.
Auntie Merge

Adrian wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:@Adrian you should read the post about the last offer letter from the Chairman to the members. You will see that one of the offers includes £100,000 from John Still.

I've read it. As I said, it's a proposal from Tamplin who is apparently untrustworthy.

I find it odd that you're willing to take that as gospel but reject so much else.
Are we talking about the same thing? I don't know what on earth it is I am 'taking as gospel but reject so much else'
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2141

I am commenting on a letter from the club chairman to the members including the attachment below
Which clearly states John Still is investing.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (196.91 KiB) Viewed 11289 times
Adrian

Phippo wrote:John Still should stick to the job he's paid for! He left the club previously in very distasteful circumstances, and returned when kicked out of the club he left us for. Fortunately for John (and maybe the club) he was welcomed back, and seems to be doing a better job of it then when he abandoned us! What has happened to John's never to high or low attitude?
Part of his job is to look after the players.
Protests aren't going to do them any good.
Pretty sure he never too high or too low was always quoted in reference to results/performances do not really relevant here.
Phippo

Adrian wrote:
Phippo wrote:John Still should stick to the job he's paid for! He left the club previously in very distasteful circumstances, and returned when kicked out of the club he left us for. Fortunately for John (and maybe the club) he was welcomed back, and seems to be doing a better job of it then when he abandoned us! What has happened to John's never to high or low attitude?
Pretty sure he never too high or too low was always quoted in reference to results/performances do not really relevant here.
The players are adult enough surely to not be affected by supporters showing displeasure at certain "goings on" within the club. If the fans were giving grief to the players, then that would be relevant here!
Adrian

Auntie Merge wrote:
Adrian wrote:

Are we talking about the same thing? I don't know what on earth it is I am 'taking as gospel but reject so much else'
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2141

I am commenting on a letter from the club chairman to the members including the attachment below
Which clearly states John Still is investing.
That letter doesn't not clearly state that John Still is investing. Read the bit before, that says it's it's a proposal that the consortium are willing to put forward as an offer.
And it's been put together but the Consortium whig is full of people you don't trust.
Except that you belive this bit of it.
Adrian

Phippo wrote:
Adrian wrote:
The players are adult enough surely to not be affected by supporters showing displeasure at certain "goings on" within the club. If the fans were giving grief to the players, then that would be relevant here!
Some of them are young and inexperienced. I'd imagine they'll be finding some of this quite hard to understand.

But that doesn't give a reason to have a pop at Still.