Still threatens to leave

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

John Still thinks he has a God given right to do what he wants at the club which is my concern. The last full members meeting he went to even though he is not a member, he was asked to leave that meeting along with Tamplins family yet they were all allowed to stay.

Next meeting I will be showing up and will be expecting to be allowed to stay in the meeting.
dagger4eva

IanC wrote:Yeah gotta be said mate bit lame from our John,but im sure we all agree with other posts on here,that this nonsense has gone on far too long now and needs to be resolved soon as.Find it incredible grown up business people cant get their soddin heads together round a table and get the bloody thing sorted,its dagenham and redbridge not bloody real madrid, it really is ruining what is looking like being a great season for us.
Agree mate, the whole process has been a ******** shambles from start to finish although if Bennett/Thompson had their way, this would all have been done and sown up weeks and weeks ago with a couple of on the quiet meetings and a vote with members.

For the sake of what is looking to be a potentially excellent season on the pitch AND for everyones sanity - this really does need sorting out once and for all PDQ !!
Alan

The board need to get on and call the EGM. Everyone on both sides has had long enough to empty their piggy banks and have a talk between themselves now, let's get it voted on and sorted out. If the Easts still haven't come up with enough money to compete, they need to say do and sell their bid based on whatever it is that they think makes it more attractive and let the members decide. The delay is harmful.
Mikins

It's all kind of amusing since the team are getting more support, and less grief this year than any time since probably back in promotion season, and if JS is genuinely angry then why didnt he kick off last season when people were booing the crap out of nearly all of the team?

Frankly this whole situation is being handled with all the delicacy and professionalism of a punch up at a hen do, we've just become the mob filming it on our phones to post on youtube.

Either way its a farce and someone needs to seriously sort it out, we look like a joke, and not the classic "Pub team from Essex" one we actually enjoy.
Sorry about your damn luck!
The Romford Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:I haven't managed to read all the posts but.

1. We have a right to protest about what is happening to our club.
2. As far as I'm aware the protest didn't start until the match ended and the players
had been clapped.
3. If John Still had complained about the protest I am very unhappy.
The timing of the protest, possibly he could complain about, but not the protest in itself.
4. If John is thinking of quitting because of it, then John please go. As much as I love you there is a huge conflict of interest given you are putting money into the Tamplin takeover.
5. All supporters should continue to protest; do not let this carefully placed negative PR about a protest put you off. If anything I would urge those who are on the fence to join the protest and SAY NO TO TAMPLIN.
1) Agreed. But peacefully. Telling people to f*** off (as well as the Tamplin out stuff) at the Solihull game - even if after the match - is not the time or place and is wrong.

2) Irrelevant. It still happened. And it wasn't peaceful by the sounds of it which is wrong anywhere. Especially at a little club like Solihulls ground.

3) why shouldn't he complain about some morons screaming abuse. That's not what Dagenham and redbridge is about. His players just scored 5 goals away from home and then this kicks off. That is frankly bang out of order.

4) Conflict of interest? Perhaps. However it's him protecting young players from stuff that isn't nice to hear. But I can particularly see your point here.

5) why would you urge people to join this protest. This protest was abuse. People should so what they want. Disagree with you completely there.

I personally am against Tamplin and against Thommo. But peaceful protesting away from matches is the way to go. Otherwise you are being detrimental to the family club that dagenham is and always has been.
ARNU

There is anti Tampon chanting in the match highlights,so clearly it happened during the game.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:There is anti Tampon chanting in the match highlights,so clearly it happened during the game.

And that is absolutely wrong. Simple as that
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:There is anti Tampon chanting in the match highlights,so clearly it happened during the game.
There is no doubt about that Arnu , sorry but the account given by certain People is starting to lose credibility.
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
There is no doubt about that Arnu , sorry but the account given by certain People is starting to lose credibility.
You can hear it on the highlights. Are we accusing Solihull of editing the soundtrack??

FFS
mickeyblue

just watched the highlights we was singing right at the end like lots have already said? and?

so we should if thats how we feel. the song i heard was not offensive it was just get out.

as mikins rightly said ive heard some horrible chants and people shouting at players before and nothing gets said pfffft is he fit to run a club i doubt it, is he trustworthy pffft. will he get control probalay

either way lets get it sorted asap
but we finished 9th!
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:It's a case of all those involved will say or do anything to give those protesting a bad name.

Take the very peaceful protest a few Monday's back at the club some jumped up Jag driver said we were scratching up his motor a load of nonsense.

People being accused of being abusive towards Tamplins family, nonsense.

Those that have organised the protests have made a effort to keep it away from games and certainly not during the games, yesterday it was at half time and after the game finished. Tranmere is on TV yet nothing has been planned when it so easily could be.

I think Still needs to keep quiet especially now he is part of the problem, the paying public can do what they want as long as it's within the rules. He is paid handsomely and should just do what he is paid to do, threatening to leave when people have paid good money and travelled half way up the country to support the TEAM is pathetic. He needs to be careful these new owner types are very trigger happy when it comes to Sacking managers.

They need to get on with the members vote and hopefully this can all end.
So not that different to those being involved in the protest saying or doing anything to give those involved in the takeover a bad name then.
Oh look the cowboy is back.
Only just noticed this.
I assume as you responded in the way you did that you can't counter my point.

Not that I'm surprised.