Still threatens to leave

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

So apparently today in the non-league paper John Still has threatened to leave the club if the protests about Tamplin continue at matches. I left the game around a minute before full time so I didn't see what happened after, but surely this is a huge overreaction and unfair behaviour from Still to say this?

Even though most of our fans have picked some silly things to kick off over, we all have a right to protest and be concerned about this takeover. No one should be acting abusive to anyone, but even if they are I'd expect that John would have some empathy with them. I wouldn't ever have expected him to throw his toys out of the pram like this, and for that I'm really disappointed in him.

This really has opened my eyes to the sorry state that our club is currently in though, and for me this is our lowest moment over the past 2 and a bit years. Never would I have expected myself to feel so down about the club after seeing us score 5 goals in an away game. I really think now a fans forum has to be called immediately so that at least the board and Still can see and understand why so many fans feel how they do. I really feel that this has all gone too far now. Some urgent and ADULT action has to be taken by both sides to stop this sorry state of affairs from destroying our club.
Diggerthedog

Bye then Still, you're not bigger than the club.
dagger4eva

Bang out of order from Still here on several levels.

But let me start by saying I was absolutely overjoyed that he rejoined the club last year.

Anyway, onto yesterday.

1st half a couple of chants on the stroke of half time.

2nd half, a few posters and a few chants towards the end of the game (once it was clearly won) and as the players were warming down after.

Other than that, the players had 100% loud, vocal support the entire game!!

Now, if Stilly HADNT recently been named as part of a consortium with Tamplin id probably of taken a little more notice of this, but since he has I intend on taking a blind bit of notice, Stilly, Tamplin, Thompson or any one man for that matter is bigger than the club.
And anyway, Stilly made it clear he was only returning for 1 final season before retirement!!

Supporters should not be silenced for showing their displeasure and worry about what is happening.

This is England, not ******** North Korea!
TommyD&R

It's over really, there was no way Tamplin wasn't getting full control of the club from the start. Still, at least the most local fans will have a Victoria road tesco megastore where the ground used to be in 10 or so years.
easthamdagger

Isn't there a 30 odd year lease in which it says there has to be a football ground?
Alan

Mr Still is on a fixed term contract, so if he wishes to leave then he will have to pay compensation to the club.
NickMurphy

dagger4eva wrote:

Supporters should not be silenced for showing their displeasure and worry about what is happening.
There's a difference between that and some of the bile that was shouted at the end, though. It got embarrassing.
Alan

NickMurphy wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:

There's a difference between that and some of the bile that was shouted at the end, though. It got embarrassing.
Can somebody give a dispassionate account of what happened and what was said?
TommyD&R

easthamdagger wrote:Isn't there a 30 odd year lease in which it says there has to be a football ground?
I hope so, main thing for me is we still have our team playing there
Diggerthedog

TommyD&R wrote:
easthamdagger wrote:Isn't there a 30 odd year lease in which it says there has to be a football ground?
We might not be but you can't watch Tamplins under 15's when it goes tits up.
lupins

there is always a right to protest but that needs to be done in the right way and as evidenced here that hasn't always happened and yesterday contained elements of that
A shame as it is overshadowing the performances currently
Don't forget either that people rarely protest FOR something and there a a lot of supporters who do want these changes
The FOR camp are no less passionate or loyal to the Club
TommyD&R

Diggerthedog wrote:
TommyD&R wrote:
We might not be but you can't watch Tamplins under 15's when it goes tits up.
Surely his son will be playing up front for Dagenham before then
Dagdale

What was a big shock to me yesterday come ten to five was quite frankly it became so personally toxic and far hateful, only by a minority I hasten to add, but its not right, worrying times ahead and many on edge I know, alcohol could have a drive on it but were far better than that. We all have opinions and most of the time listen and understand that's what having mates is all about, but any true dagger fan can't support it going that distasteful, really hope we don't see it again and move on.
TommyD&R

What was actually being said Dagdale?
dagger4eva

Thommp out
Bennett out
Get out of our club
****** off
Say no to tamplin

That pretty much covers it... not exactly the kind of stick that will leave the receivers requiring councelling pfffttt