Dover Match

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Hopefully we can follow up with a decent win tomorrow, although looking at the highlights from their game with the Vegetarians they do look decent and have a very decent manager.

2-1 to us Hawkins and Doe. Attendance 1093 (Champions league on the TV) with 89 Dover.
Mark

They're a good side but Saturday was end to end with neither side protecting the back 4 very well. We can get at them but feel sure Miller will score.
DaggerJoel11

This will be very hard. I watched Dover overcome Forest Green and they are very good going forward although a bit all over the place in defence. The first goal will be vital. I'm going for a 1-0 win with MS scoring infront of 1342.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
dagger4eva

Think this will be our toughest match so far (despite having the 3 losses already)

Come out of this with 1 or 3 points and it'll set up lovely for a win too on Saturday. 7 or 9 from 9 since the Boreham Wood game will be a fantastic return.
stanton101

Daggers 2-2 Dover
Whitely
JMD

Att. 1,178
Diggerthedog

Did enough. Bring on North Ferby.
JFJBENSTEAD

I though that was a strong performance from us tonight. Never clicked into top gear but still dominated most of the game, particularly first half.

Staunton has come in, rightly, for some stick recently but I though he was excellent tonight.

If nothing else, we dug out our win tonight. The commitment from the players is ten times better than last season.

Up the Daggers!
stanton101

We did enough tonight to win considering the injuries we've got. Staunton and Raymond did well in defence against a quite lively Dover side. Man of the match was given to Whitely who played well, but for me Robinson just shaded it, protected the defence and broke up a lot of Dover's attacks. Overall a decent performance.
Richie

Staunton is a far better centre back than right back.

Agreed about Robinson and Whitely, best I've seen either play.
ARNU

Good shift from all the players. For me Boucard is a key player. Always knew he was a good player. Only one complaint from me tonight, why can't Whitley pass the ball ever? I thought he was greedy tonight should have give the ball to boucard in that 2 v 1 break we'd have gone 3 up.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Can't fault that today.... defensive injuries and a clean sheet against a team (however average today) that scored four at the weekend against the league favourites.

Staunton really should give the manager a decision at CB when Robson is fit in my opinion... Raymond also did better, I thought, in defense tonight than he's shown thus far this season in his brief midfield cameos.

I was in a small group until tonight screaming at Whitely when he has played to pass more, but in fairness when he did try and pass today they were awful... I was back screaming at him to get more shots away by the end of the game as he can hit n absolute rocket! I'm quite convinced that a first goal for him will lead to 5 in 5 or more.

No idea what happened to the Dover side of Saturday, especially creating chances.

My only slight negative was the amount of defensive headers that we played across our box instead of out of play or up the pitch... a couple of times we got lucky that we weren't up against a more strong unit op top.

The record continues though of winning every single game that we have scored in this season! Long may that continue :mrgreen:
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well done lads great team effort right through the team.

Goslkeeper should not be forgotten in the accolades thought he was very assured and had to deal with at least two very good efforts, fails to deal with anyone of them and the game takes on a diffrent complextion.

Most impressive thing to me about the result has to be their Nil. Thought we at last dealt with s physical team who certainly could put it about.

Don't think anybody had a bad game in what has to go down as equal to anything we have acheived this season .

Well done lads you are doing us proud and but the heart back into Dagenham and Redbridge Football Club
leewilson

ARNU wrote:Good shift from all the players. For me Boucard is a key player. Always knew he was a good player. Only one complaint from me tonight, why can't Whitley pass the ball ever? I thought he was greedy tonight should have give the ball to boucard in that 2 v 1 break we'd have gone 3 up.
I think we were all wanting Whitely to pass but 'why can't he pass the ball ever' is a bit harsh. I didn't hear anybody complaining when he fired off two shots that produced good saves from the goalkeeper in the first half. In fact, he passed the ball out wide numerous times tonight. Without a player like him, he's going to dribble and look to take players on as that's the main strength to his game. Going back to the actual incident, he tried to feint the pass and then beat the defender on the outside. If it comes off, he's a hero. Because it didn't, a large portion of the crowd gave him some verbals. His decision making will improve in time. I'd rather a player who's capable of getting it right, have a go, and get it wrong than a player who doesn't have the capabilities to change a game.
DI Mike Dashwood

Due to cricket and family stuff that was my first game of season and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Couple of pints beforehand in the top bar and good to see some old faces and atmosphere in there seemed very positive. Took my new ST spot in the Carling Stand and sat back and watched a very good first half display. Second half bit more backs to the wall at times, but just as impressive in a different way and then cheered even further by seeing the results elsewhere in the League on the way home. All topped off with a couple of beers and a ruby. Perfect night!!!

Was impressed with all the new players in all honesty, although I thought Robinson was very good and him and Bouchard looked like a good pairing in there together. And Frankie Raymond did a good job at left back I thought to.

Looking forward to Saturday already!!
BarkingRambo

Have to agree with everything that has been said so far. Great performance by all and can't really pick out a bad player.

Raymond seems to be much improved as a left back, I worry for Widdowson's place in the team when our right backs are fit again. I also worry that we won't be able to keep Maguire-Drew in January because he is doing so well Brighton will want him to start progressing up the leagues and will loan him to a League 2 side. Whitely looks like a non league Neymar and as said before when he gets his first goal many will follow. Looking at the incident where he should have passed well hindsight is great, up till that point hes been beating groups of 3/4 defenders so when hes pretty much 1 on 1 can we really blame him for fancying his chances.