SO WHAT DO WE NEED

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

After Heaeing The Managers Interview after last nights game he said that he took Ling because we were getting a bit bare at the back. At the moment he cant do a lot until things get sorted.

So when things do get sorted in The Boardroom is there anywhere where you would like to see strengthened.

In my view I dont think we need a lot . Frankie looked good at Right Back, we also have Luke Howell coming back and in an emergency he can play there as hed did in his MK DONS days.

Dont know what the situation is on some of these injuries but do we really need much more ?
Dagdale

10 games in think its an absolute pleasure in saying how great is it to watch a side playing with so much pride and determination to win a game, things like taking a lead and letting opposition get back into the game and even going on to win are slowly being diminished, how nice to watch daggers with a bit of fight again. All the heartbreak of last season and rifts just hope word get's around and we start seeing better support. In John being a master of spotting 'raw talent' sure were take a player or two on board as the season progresses but when you have players like Benno, Assambalonga, Mark C and even last season's impressable Jimmy Shepherd to wade in at some point feel very comfortable on what we have at the moment.
Mark

We're still short at the back with 2 long term injuries. You can't get away forever with players out of position.
NBDag

Agree with Mark- I'd like to see real cover in at both full-back positions and a centre half too. I shouldn't be wanting this many though as we do have Shepherd who could fill one of those gaps. But if we're playing people out of position over him, then I can only imagine he isn't up to scratch.
TommyD&R

I'd imagine Griffiths is still waiting. Raymond did well but like Mark said he'll get found out after a while. Think left back is the only position we don't have a real natural backup.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dont want to sound controversial but in hindsight does anybody else think the money spent on Benno would have been better spent on other areas given our current situation . At the moment it is nothing but sentiment to put him in before Asombalonga.
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Dont want to sound controversial but in hindsight does anybody else think the money spent on Benno would have been better spent on other areas given our current situation . At the moment it is nothing but sentiment to put him in before Asombalonga.
Depends what he's doing on the coaching side I would say.

I would imagine he's a massive help to Ollie Hawkins for instance.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote:We're still short at the back with 2 long term injuries. You can't get away forever with players out of position.
Normally I would agree but this division is so poor it looks like you can do this. Obviously the better sides might punish you but there are not many decent sides from what we have seen. I said this league was crap last season after watching several games on TV.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:
Mark wrote:We're still short at the back with 2 long term injuries. You can't get away forever with players out of position.
Normally I would agree but this division is so poor it looks like you can do this. Obviously the better sides might punish you but there are not many decent sides from what we have seen. I said this league was crap last season after watching several games on TV.
So far we have played 8 of our 10 games against teams in the bottom half, and lost three of those. Too early to judge I'd say, although Dover were actually pretty poor.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
So far we have played 8 of our 10 games against teams in the bottom half, and lost three of those. Too early to judge I'd say, although Dover were actually pretty poor.
I would say there are a 6/7 teams we will compete with, I still predict us to be just outside the play offs come May.
ARNU

I'd say the best team we've played so far has been Lincoln. No coincidence they are top as we speak. The game we had and beat them was for me our best performance this season. If we play like that each time we'll run away with the title. But games like b/wood and Chester where the opposition was quite poor show we need consistency. We have all we need if everyone's fit.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

ARNU wrote:I'd say the best team we've played so far has been Lincoln. No coincidence they are top as we speak. The game we had and beat them was for me our best performance this season. If we play like that each time we'll run away with the title. But games like b/wood and Chester where the opposition was quite poor show we need consistency. We have all we need if everyone's fit.
For me, our hardest games will come when teams come and sit in like Boreham Wood did. Dover came to us and tried to play a similar direct game but quite simply, we were better at it and won convincingly really. I don't see many teams having a better quartet going forward than us.