North Ferriby Utd..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
leewilson

Dagdale wrote:Can't complain on that and amazed it stayed 1-0 till 5 minutes or so to end, one thing which was a strong comment after match in top bar the standard of goalkeeping in Step 1 has been really good, and our's saved our bacon at a critical time with that superb left hand save that no doubt was going in, Ferriby upped the gear quite well second period and that moment could have changed the outcome. Think Frankie's got a full time slot now at left-back, doing a fine job. What better weekend out there with daggers riding top!
There was a fantastic block as well before the first goal. Not sure who it was but we didn't clear it properly from the corner and their guy swiveled in the 6 yard box and someone chucked themselves in the way of it.
Dagdale

If its the moment I believe you mean Lee it was Doey, just smothered it so well, top man. Don't you just notice how well these lads celebrate together after every goal as a united and happy team now, what a change from last season.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Paul from Barking wrote:So from those of you who've seen the side play over the last month or so: Are w good enough to stay at the top or are we bound to have a nose bleed andfall off the perch?

For all the 3 games we've lost so far this year, should we have gotten something out of those games? Or were we wellbeaten at Chester, and Sutton and at home by Boreham?
Confidence is a big thing PAUL , out of all the teams we have lost to Chester was the only one we were well beaten in.

That said a lot of praise has been rightfully placed at the feet of the Goalkeeper and the opinion was at Chester he was beaten by two very good strikes , however there was more then one of us who thought he should be getting to one of them. Add in to the brilliant save their Keeper ( Another one) made from Hawkins just before half time and we could have been talking about a diffeent result even tho we playsed nowhere near as well as we have done all season.

The other two defeats I thought we did more then enough to get something.

The two teams that really got into our faces were Sutton and Chester so that was what pleases me about the display Tuesday night. We have already learnt a lot this season and against Dover another big physical side we really did not hide , the most pleasing thing about that result to me was their nil.

So in my opinion if the three games we have lost and the reverse fixture was our next three games up I would be very confident of getting something out of each game.
Kevin

I thought we could have quite easily lost the Lincoln game - and we ended up with a cheeky 1-0 win 8-)

Shoulda woulda coulda & all that..

We are a young team, who are still getting used to playing together. Haven't a clue as to how we'll do going forwards, but am certainly enjoying seeing the boys putting in top effort week after week :)
NickMurphy

Think you begin to notice a big discrepancy between teams that will be top half and bottom half in this league. North Ferriby weren't as bad as Guiseley/Southport/Woking, but they'll be down there. On that showing, however, and by the fact they've ground out a win at Gateshead, I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed up providing they get a bit of luck with injuries.

All about consistency at the moment. Everyone's had a bit of a wobble now, and although we haven't played too many top teams, we've only been soundly beaten once. I think FGR are hitting some form, Tranmere are going to be tougher without Brabin, Eastleigh instantly become more difficult with Ronnie Moore in charge then you have Lincoln, Gateshead etc who are difficult propositions.
Last edited by NickMurphy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lcbdagger

NickMurphy wrote:Think you begin to notice a big discrepancy between teams that will be top half and bottom half in this league. North Ferriby weren't as bad as Guiseley/Southport/Woking, but they'll be down there. On that showing, however, and by the fact they've ground out a win at Gateshead, I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed up providing they get a bit of luck with injuries.

All about consistency at the moment. Everyone's had a bit of a wobble now, and although we haven't played too many top teams, we've only been soundly beaten once. I think FGR are hitting some form, Tranmere are going to be tougher under Brabin, Eastleigh instantly become more difficult with Ronnie Moore in charge then you have Lincoln, Gateshead etc who are difficult propositions.
Wouldn't worry about Brabin... sacked already
NickMurphy

Lcbdagger wrote:
NickMurphy wrote:Think you begin to notice a big discrepancy between teams that will be top half and bottom half in this league. North Ferriby weren't as bad as Guiseley/Southport/Woking, but they'll be down there. On that showing, however, and by the fact they've ground out a win at Gateshead, I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed up providing they get a bit of luck with injuries.

All about consistency at the moment. Everyone's had a bit of a wobble now, and although we haven't played too many top teams, we've only been soundly beaten once. I think FGR are hitting some form, Tranmere are going to be tougher under Brabin, Eastleigh instantly become more difficult with Ronnie Moore in charge then you have Lincoln, Gateshead etc who are difficult propositions.
Wouldn't worry about Brabin... sacked already
I meant without Brabin :lol: