Daggers V Southend

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
shrimperama

Looking forward to our encounter this evening.

Should be another good showing of Southend and we definlately owe you one.

Hoping zavon Hines stops falling over this time.

A win should finally put paid to any play off ambitions your end.
Richie

shrimperama wrote:Looking forward to our encounter this evening.

When was the first one? :P
ThatRoundThing

"A win should finally put paid to any play off ambitions your end."

Points deduction hopefully will put paid to yours... :lol:
shrimperama

Why would get a points deduction. We have finally come out of our embargo and have just resigned Lee Barnard and are hoping to make more signings this week.
Mike the Dagger

I thought all your money go on the managers fake tan budget?
ARNU

Same league as Dagenham,AFC Wimbledon and Torquay United.Thats League 2,thats the bottom league where many clubs fail to half fill their grounds on a regular basis.Thats where staying up and going down is the difference between going bust or survival.Because this league is so challenging Southend United have to cheat and still cant get out of the ******.Did you hear your manager whining after our last encounter ? I actually saw a grown man crying coming out of the ground that night,actually crying cos you lost.Theres passion for ya. :oops:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

Shrimperama, you're a wanker
Phippo

Richie wrote:
shrimperama wrote:Looking forward to our encounter this evening.

When was the first one? :P

Hopefully your players will be using clean methods to "handle" him (although I appreciate it isn't easy for them)! :D
shrimperama

Fully aware of what league were in. Im also aware that every year we stay in this division we are under achieving whilst daggers are happy mid table with a very slim chance of promotion but a bigger chance of going the other way.

Explain how we are cheating?
We were in an embargo and now we are not. We have a bigger budget than daggers as we are a bigger club.

Fwiw I've got a lot of time for the daggers and they way your run and I thought you were probably the best team I have seen at roots hall this season. We have been slowly getting better this season and are now pretty much at the top of our game.

I think we will be a tougher nut to crack tonight
ARNU

Shrimpy,I don't dislike you or your club much but you type a certain air of superiority in your posts that cant fail to irritate us all.You are right about being pleased with mid table,we've dragged along the bottom for 3 years now (albeit we were in league 1 while you were in league 2 for one of them)so yeah mid table aint bad.How many more seasons can you stay in league 2 before you realise that's what you are just another league 2 club ? If you admire us so much why do you take the piss so much about our ground,players,support,tactics etc etc...You know where we come from,how we struggle on a small budget so when we beat the mighty Southend you don't even credit us with it.Instead...it was the ref,it weren't a penalty,he was offside,that 2 footed tackle on murphy was fair etc...Give us your budget we'd do better than you cos we'd reinvest it in the club,pay the bills properly not buy overpriced lemons like you lot do.

I reckon a 1-1 draw by the way which will be a good result for us.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Must admit Shrimpy since we beat your boys twice down at the Roots you have been doing well in the League so tonight should be some game, especially with our humdinger of a game Saturday albeit last 25 minutes. Just hope the pitch hasn't gone 'up the swanny' after the drenching from that game. Really looking forward to this one and making three in a row.
FullMetalDagger

ARNU wrote:
I reckon a 1-1 draw by the way which will be a good result for us.
haha good call!
matt_drfc

Quality game tonight, fair result to be honest. Surprised to see Doe and Wilko together but they were fine, Saah wasn't missed at all. I think if we are going to play 4-4-2 then Bingham is a must. All players had a good game, especially Zav, I watched him closely and he didn't do anything amazing in attack, but defensively he was top class. Tracked back time and time again, and he's not afraid to put a tackle in which is nice to see. Norris looks a good find, brilliant goal.

Also, why is it that Southend fans are obsessed with the number of fans we have?? Surely if you're such a massive club, you shouldn't be at this level to play against us anyway. The amount of fans we have means nothing, we turn up for games, what else are we meant to do? Create people? We have been a non-league club for the majority of our existence and we have a premier league club a few stops down the district line. If the amount of fans we have determines the size of our club, then we should be applauded for where we are. Considering we are in the same league as such a MASSIVE CLUB.
Dagdale

Lived up to what most of us thought pre-match a pretty exciting game, make no mistake Southend are a pretty good outfit especially as the seasons matured, tonight they won so much in the air and it gave our side a big challenge which gladly I'm proud of our team on how well they came back from a sloppy goal a set piece again and still cant make out how it was a corner beforehand which could have cost us dearly. A good couple of chances before the opener we could have easily taken the lead, I presume Zav crossed the line on wing attack to rule out 'our Rhys goal' because many around me roared 'that cant have been offside'. Luke Norris took his goal really well and what a blast! and was unfortunate not to add a second which who knows could have set us up with the three points. Even Dickson again looked a danger. A truly good advert for some quality shining on another wet and dreary night. Yes Southend were well supported tonight ,the TBS looked sold out but totally agree the 'other half' our lot were just as passionate, I'm quite proud to be a dagger when we display so much 'never say die' effort from the players and THE fans. That's two games in four days that I wont be forgetting for a very long time.
Mikins

Good game tonight, think some more shocking officiating cost us a possible win tonight. Connors continued to impress along with d'ath and Norris (shame they aren't ours) and Murphy had a much better game. can't help thinking to help us get an edge we:

A. Really need to sort out defensive set pieces because we are scrappy as ****** and look like a disaster waiting to happen whenever a corner comes in.

B. Get more than one person on attacking set pieces, the one player does everything system should have left with JS in my opinion, opposition teams know zav is going to do everything and prepare accordingly.
Sorry about your damn luck!