WHU u/23s

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
IanC

Surely these games should be free for our season ticket holders like it is for spammers fans,it is our bloody house after all.
I wouldn't have minded popping over there for a few jars and a game but im not blooming paying to get in.Im pretty certain way back we did used to get in free with our ST.
diggerdagger1

Yes we did Ian. This time around somebody at our club decided we had to pay now I wonder who that coukd be?
Adrian

Was it part of what was advertised as included in the ticket?
admin
Site Admin

Adrian wrote:Was it part of what was advertised as included in the ticket?
Technically no and technically that would make your point correct.

But we are talking basics to keep people on side. I wouldn't personally complain too hard as I wouldn't go anyway as I have no interest in watching West Ham but if let our season ticket holders in for free, it 1. Wouldn't hurt at all as the games only get around 500 people there anyway, 2. If say 50 of our season ticket holders go and half of them all go to the bar and buy 2/3 beers each. Small amount of extra revenue for the club. Win win situation for me
Alan

Doesn't it depend on the terms of the agreement with West Ham? For example, do they pay us a rent and they get gate receipts?
Adrian

admin wrote:

But we are talking basics to keep people on side. I wouldn't personally complain too hard as I wouldn't go anyway as I have no interest in watching West Ham but if let our season ticket holders in for free, it 1. Wouldn't hurt at all as the games only get around 500 people there anyway, 2. If say 50 of our season ticket holders go and half of them all go to the bar and buy 2/3 beers each. Small amount of extra revenue for the club. Win win situation for me
No we're talking contractual arrangements which could well mean that we don't set the prices and what is or isn't free for those games.
West Ham may have only been willing to let our season tickets in for free if they were compensated for it.
Not so win-win then.
admin
Site Admin

Adrian wrote:
admin wrote:

No we're talking contractual arrangements which could well mean that we don't set the prices and what is or isn't free for those games.
West Ham may have only been willing to let our season tickets in for free if they were compensated for it.
Not so win-win then.

I stick with my original post. For a start you don't know for a fact if it is down to contractual agreements your just guessing. Secondly, if it is contractual agreements, some of our fans have already asked the club about this and the club haven't given a reason why, even if they explained the situation, fans would stop questioning it. Finally as I said earlier if it isn't down to contractural then my point stands.
Adrian

admin wrote:
Adrian wrote:
admin wrote:

Not so win-win then.

I stick with my original post. For a start you don't know for a fact if it is down to contractual agreements your just guessing. Secondly, if it is contractual agreements, some of our fans have already asked the club about this and the club haven't given a reason why, even if they explained the situation, fans would stop questioning it. Finally as I said earlier if it isn't down to contractural then my point stands.
You don't known it isn't down to contractual arrangements,which makes your point about keeping people on side invalid.
Your point about fans being happy if they were given the reason is incredibly naive.

Why don't people ask why they don't get free entry to every other game that is played at our ground?
ARNU

Id quite happily argue with Adrian for the fun of it but he's right here. It's a good deal for the club and I'm sure any money they can gather from it must be a plus. If you can afford 3 pints at seemingly such s non event you can afford a ticket.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
admin
Site Admin

Adrian, a couple of points.

1. We don't know the contractual agreements so neither of us can say anything about that as the fact is we don't know.
2. Should it be down to a contractual agreement how hard is it to turn around and "sorry but due to a contractual agreement we can't allow Daggers season ticket holders in". It takes 10 seconds.
3. IF it isn't down to a contractual agreement then I stick with my initial point. The more you keep people on side the more likely they are to keep coming back and spend more money. I hate to use these terms in football but it's called providing good customer service and giving customer satisfaction.
diggerdagger1

The arrangement is that West Ham United pay the daggers fot the hire of the facilities. Obviously whu st holders get free admission to the games as daggers fans would if the daggers had a similar team eg reserves etc. The daggers keep all gate receipts and decided to charge our season ticket holders unlike last time when they did not have to pay. These facts have been confirmed and factually correct as per enquirers made to our club by our st holders.
Leopardman

Surely West Ham are renting the ground and they set the terms of admittance. If a group hired the ground out for a concert would season ticket holders expect free entry to that? If I hired out the upstairs bar for a family gathering, would season ticket holders expect free entry to that too?
diggerdagger1

The only terms of admittance whu have any say in is there st holders. The rest is down to the daggers to decode. Not sure about your other points tbh will treat them as a joke if you don't mind. Please don't take offence with me as the cases you quote are private hire matters.
Phippo

Meanwhile season ticket holders pay the same amount for "non league football" as they were for being in the EFL! Another chance to offer something back to the fans, wasted!