Chants

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Woodford Dagger

Wait a second you mean making racist remarks is wrong :o
NBDag

Woodford Dagger wrote:Wait a second you mean making racist remarks is wrong :o
This doesn't make any sense or prove any point at all, in regards to what I said...
Unless of course your the one teenager, let alone english person, in existence that doesn't understand sarcasm.
TomMc

Love the fact the main argument from the people defending the behaviour/language used is that the only options are to "stand there in silence" or "sing about ***** and paedophiles" - like there's no middle ground.

I'm with ARNU and bearaab on this one.

NB: Anyone that uses the world "melt" must also be about 13 years old.
bearaab

GideaParkDagger wrote:
bearaab wrote:You shouldn't have to expect it. I won't be bringing my kids along when they're old enough if there's going to be a load of dickheads singing about ***** and paedophiles. Just because you're not right next to a bunch of kids, doesn't mean they won't hear it. It doesn't happen at any other sport I've been to see, being at a football game isn't a free pass to act like a twat.
Dry up mate, least we get behind the team, probably sit in the Carling stand
Your right, I don't support the team because I don't sing a song about a manager of another team that couldn't give one shit about us being a paedophile, I don't sing about ***** and I don't sing songs about stewards taking it up the arse. Only true fans would do that.
GideaParkDagger

NBDag wrote:
GideaParkDagger wrote:I think you lot are deluded to be honest, i bet you are the lot that moan about the atmosphere that there isnt one so dont complain when there is arguably the best atmosphere in a long time. Frankie Raymond said that we drove him on personally and the fact Maguire Drew celebrated infront of us says a lot as he probably thought we were the only fans there. After the game we stayed and the players and stewards were laughing with us and gave us a song. My advice is dont come to football if you will be offended by the word c**t or cant have banter. Really annoyed me that. Best atmosphere in a long time.
Don't come to football if you're offended by the most offensive word in the English language? It may be banter to whoever is doing it, but that doesn't make it good banter does it? Being offensive about someone isn't acceptable if the person being offensive thinks it funny? I can't go down the street and ask a woman if she likes it up the wrongen and then tell her fella not to hit me because I was having a laugh. By all means sing constantly and enjoy yourself, but make jokes about ourselves or about whatever player is being an arse that day (Ellison for example). But no need to sing about paedophiles and all that stuff. Or shall we start singing about rape, and make racist remarks to stewards next week too?
So
Last edited by GideaParkDagger on Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GideaParkDagger

bearaab wrote:
GideaParkDagger wrote:
bearaab wrote:You shouldn't have to expect it. I won't be bringing my kids along when they're old enough if there's going to be a load of dickheads singing about ***** and paedophiles. Just because you're not right next to a bunch of kids, doesn't mean they won't hear it. It doesn't happen at any other sport I've been to see, being at a football game isn't a free pass to act like a twat.
Dry up mate, least we get behind the team, probably sit in the Carling stand
Your right, I don't support the team because I don't sing a song about a manager of another team that couldn't give one shit about us being a paedophile, I don't sing about ***** and I don't sing songs about stewards taking it up the arse. Only true fans would do that.
Tamplin aint ya
Woodford Dagger

NBDag wrote:
This doesn't make any sense or prove any point at all, in regards to what I said...
Unless of course your the one teenager, let alone english person, in existence that doesn't understand sarcasm.
I think you've missed the sarcasm here mate
GideaParkDagger

Woodford Dagger wrote:
NBDag wrote:
I think you've missed the sarcasm here mate
Your so right wing you make maggy drew look central
bearaab

Not worth reasoning with children
GideaParkDagger

bearaab wrote:Not worth reasoning with children
Are you gonna sit in some poxy office with a c**tfor a boss telling you what to do as you count your pennies trying to make ends meet in a country that's sinking into strikes and wars and at the end of the day you go home to your cosy little flat in 'nowheresville' and pull your IKEA curtains shut to hide from the big bad world and pretend it's not happening? Or are you gonna stand up and be counted, make a difference and feel the rush? Just for once say 'f**kit'. I'm coiled up like a spring and I'm ready to burst and wa***ng ain't doing it anymore. I need violence to make me feel I'm still alive. I know what I'd rather do, mate. Bromley away. Love it!

Stop crying about it & if you educate your children well then they will know how to differentiate between wrong and right. I can say for a fact ARNU your son holds jugs and that so yeah, he aint a moron hes having a laugh mate. Now dry up
Mikins

Pretty sure anyone who uses the word 'banter' in any conversation these days can have their opinion discounted.

Christ I hate that word, its used by every idiot under the sun to defend *anything*

Oh I insulted your children? Banter mate, get over it.
Oh I called your girlfriend a slag? Just banter, whats your problem?
Oh I sung at a complete stranger about shagging her up the arse, well thats banter innit mate, totally fine.
Called someone a paedophile repeatedly? Banter! ******** hell man just grow a pair and deal with it BANTER IS ALWAYS FUNNY.

Utter bollocks.
Sorry about your damn luck!
GideaParkDagger

Mikins wrote:Pretty sure anyone who uses the word 'banter' in any conversation these days can have their opinion discounted.

Christ I hate that word, its used by every idiot under the sun to defend *anything*

Oh I sung at a complete stranger about shagging her up the arse, well thats banter innit mate, totally fine.
Called someone a paedophile repeatedly? Banter! ******** hell man just grow a pair and deal with it BANTER IS ALWAYS FUNNY.

Utter bollocks.
You are Tamplin aint ya u mug
Alan

Woodford Dagger wrote:
Alan wrote:Which doesn't answer the question. What do you think about singing those songs of there are people who are bringing, or want to bring, young kids?

I ask as one of the things we as a club say we want is to encourage families to come, so I'm genuinely interested.

I declare here and now that I have been known to swear at games.
If people don't want to bring their kids because of swearing then fair enough. If there was any violence I'd be behind you completely but it feels like people are getting upset over nothing.

I think getting smashed every week like we were last season probably drove people away more than any bad language ever could.
When you say fair enough, do you mean fair enough and it should stop or fair enough it's their choice not to come but I'm carrying on regardless? Personally, I don't take my 5 year old son to games, mainly because of the swearing - not just in chants - but I acknowledge that is somewhat hypocritical because I have been known to swear at games on occasion.

What I think sets chants apart, not just at our games but on tv, is they are repeated and sung by large numbers of people. Kids watching football ask what are they singing dad - I tell them I don't know and turn the volume down more! So it's not an issue restricted to our support, it is football as a whole.

But, if we want to attract more supporters to increase revenue, do we as a club make it more family friendly, part of which needs to be pricing, but another part needs to be about the environment.
Alan

GideaParkDagger wrote:
bearaab wrote:Not worth reasoning with children
Are you gonna sit in some poxy office with a c**tfor a boss telling you what to do as you count your pennies trying to make ends meet in a country that's sinking into strikes and wars and at the end of the day you go home to your cosy little flat in 'nowheresville' and pull your IKEA curtains shut to hide from the big bad world and pretend it's not happening? Or are you gonna stand up and be counted, make a difference and feel the rush? Just for once say 'f**kit'. I'm coiled up like a spring and I'm ready to burst and wa***ng ain't doing it anymore. I need violence to make me feel I'm still alive. I know what I'd rather do, mate. Bromley away. Love it!

Stop crying about it & if you educate your children well then they will know how to differentiate between wrong and right. I can say for a fact ARNU your son holds jugs and that so yeah, he aint a moron hes having a laugh mate. Now dry up
I don't know where to start with this, but I do find it ironic that the author is using asterisks instead of typing the words they think are fine to sing.

I also find it odd that it seems to be suggested that if we educate our children to know the difference between right and wrong, they won't do these things. If you know it's wrong, presumably you know the difference between right and wrong, which begs the question, why are you doing/advocating it?
admin
Site Admin

Mikins wrote:Pretty sure anyone who uses the word 'banter' in any conversation these days can have their opinion discounted.

Utter bollocks.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (186.06 KiB) Viewed 15745 times