Chants

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Just a thought Woodford, but what about people who want to take young kids to games?
NBDag

Woodford Dagger is right, making an atmosphere is going to cause teenagers to invite more mates. However, there are a thousand other songs that can be sung to make an atmosphere. You don't have to call everyone a paedophile, make sex jokes and call yourself/others a ***** to make an atmosphere. What ever happened to "Bounce in a minute", doing congas and doing the Great Escape Song for an entire half non-stop? That's the stuff I find most fun. But if the kids want to have some fun, they should get a trumpet/bugle and a drum and use those. You'll probably get others joining in with you that way, too.
Diggerthedog

I stood in the sieve for years listening to middle aged men swearing sometimes at our own players but no one says anything. It's football match not a library, I took my two year old to the Boreham game was there foul language of course it's a football match he will know whats right and wrong when it comes to swearing but that's how you bring your child up nothing to do with what they hear at football, school etc etc.

The stewardess took it but we live in a society where all the offended get offended on others behalf, no one died or there was no violence. Sticks and stones etc etc.
mickeyblue

people make me laugh. they don't like something they hear yet do bugger all about it apart from write on a forum.
it's not hard to say to a bunch of kids to tone it down.
I don't abuse players or people but have heard a lot of grown men at footy being a ***** and yes I've told them on a few occasions.

imo it's not just the kids that need looking at
but we finished 9th!
Woodford Dagger

When I started coming Dagenham the only real noise was the occasionally 'Digger Dagger', 'Come on Dagenham' etc but few other chants. A lot of the time it was old blokes having a go at the players so forgive me for not caring about when it's younger fans swearing as opposed to old ones.
Alan

Which doesn't answer the question. What do you think about singing those songs of there are people who are bringing, or want to bring, young kids?

I ask as one of the things we as a club say we want is to encourage families to come, so I'm genuinely interested.

I declare here and now that I have been known to swear at games.
Woodford Dagger

Also imagine getting upset about swearing at football, people are acting as if no one will take their kids over Dagenham because of bad language. God knows how any other club has ever survived :roll:
Woodford Dagger

Alan wrote:Which doesn't answer the question. What do you think about singing those songs of there are people who are bringing, or want to bring, young kids?

I ask as one of the things we as a club say we want is to encourage families to come, so I'm genuinely interested.

I declare here and now that I have been known to swear at games.
If people don't want to bring their kids because of swearing then fair enough. If there was any violence I'd be behind you completely but it feels like people are getting upset over nothing.

I think getting smashed every week like we were last season probably drove people away more than any bad language ever could.
ARNU

Nobody is saying don't chant or sing. Football grounds are a place where you expect a few choice words and I've been known to indulge myself in the past. I would not knowingly swear around women or kids. I'd move away or just watch my language. The " does she take it up the arse " song was funny ( but still every bit as offensive)once 20 years ago when sung at Beckham. Blokes my age are morons if they are still singing it .
Sing something original stop embarrassing yourselves and the club.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NickMurphy

ARNU wrote: Sing something original stop embarrassing yourselves.
Aren't you the one that still calls Tamplin, tampon? ;)
Woodford Dagger

ARNU wrote:Nobody is saying don't chant or sing. Football grounds are a place where you expect a few choice words and I've been known to indulge myself in the past. I would not knowingly swear around women or kids. I'd move away or just watch my language. The " does she take it up the arse " song was funny ( but still every bit as offensive)once 20 years ago when sung at Beckham. Blokes my age are morons if they are still singing it .
Of all the things embarrassing the club I doubt it was the fans on Saturday
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Nobody is saying don't chant or sing. Football grounds are a place where you expect a few choice words and I've been known to indulge myself in the past. I would not knowingly swear around women or kids. I'd move away or just watch my language. The " does she take it up the arse " song was funny ( but still every bit as offensive)once 20 years ago when sung at Beckham. Blokes my age are morons if they are still singing it .
You attend one away game and want to start calling the shots? Probably best to not ever attend if your offended. What's embarrassing is people that moan for moaning sake, like someone said above it happens at every ground so all fans are embarrassing all their clubs. About 90% of the chants were about the team but as always let's focus on the negative.
ARNU

NickMurphy wrote:
ARNU wrote: Sing something original stop embarrassing yourselves.
Aren't you the one that still calls Tamplin, tampon? ;)
Bit different,and ive stopped as it was getting childish.I made a fair and firm case above.

While you condone singing about paedophiles and arse sex and ***** in front of children
you will never hold the moral high ground here,and you know it !
ARNU

Woodford Dagger wrote:
Of all the things embarrassing the club I doubt it was the fans on Saturday
Yeah but that's just it. You really don't get it do you ?

You think its ok and the we should all be proud of you singing about ***** and arse sex in front of kids.

Well I aint,and if you don't get it that's a life problem for you.
Carry on mate,I said my bit and I have a fair point.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:
You attend one away game and want to start calling the shots? Probably best to not ever attend if your offended. What's embarrassing is people that moan for moaning sake, like someone said above it happens at every ground so all fans are embarrassing all their clubs. About 90% of the chants were about the team but as always let's focus on the negative.
I never boycotted a game and I go to a fair few aways so you can do one !

If you condone singing about arse sex,***** and paedos (And it was more than 10% of the chants) just admit it here and i'll ****** right off like you should !

Oh and by the way,the fella that started this thread I believe is a school teacher and attends far more than you,I was there I heard what I heard,I saw who did it and I'm just passing comment it was embarrassing.You'll all carry on,I don't really care but it had to be said.