Chants

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
ARNU wrote:Nobody is saying don't chant or sing. Football grounds are a place where you expect a few choice words and I've been known to indulge myself in the past. I would not knowingly swear around women or kids. I'd move away or just watch my language. The " does she take it up the arse " song was funny ( but still every bit as offensive)once 20 years ago when sung at Beckham. Blokes my age are morons if they are still singing it .
Sing something original stop embarrassing yourselves and the club.
You attend one away game and want to start calling the shots? Probably best to not ever attend if your offended. What's embarrassing is people that moan for moaning sake, like someone said above it happens at every ground so all fans are embarrassing all their clubs. About 90% of the chants were about the team but as always let's focus on the negative.
I never boycotted a game and I go to a fair few aways so you can do one !

If you condone singing about arse sex,***** and paedos (And it was more than 10% of the chants) just admit it here and i'll ****** right off like you should !
Who said I was condoning it? I'm just saying its all a bit NIMBY. Your embarrassed by it why do you attend? If I was embarrassed by something I would not keep turning up.
matt_drfc

Arnu, I'm pretty sure your son participates in the chants you talk about. Just saying.
Woodford Dagger

ARNU wrote:
Woodford Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:Nobody is saying don't chant or sing. Football grounds are a place where you expect a few choice words and I've been known to indulge myself in the past. I would not knowingly swear around women or kids. I'd move away or just watch my language. The " does she take it up the arse " song was funny ( but still every bit as offensive)once 20 years ago when sung at Beckham. Blokes my age are morons if they are still singing it .
Sing something original stop embarrassing yourselves and the club.
Of all the things embarrassing the club I doubt it was the fans on Saturday
Yeah but that's just it. You really don't get it do you ?

You think its ok and the we should all be proud of you singing about ***** and arse sex in front of kids.

Well I aint,and if you don't get it that's a life problem for you.
Carry on mate,I said my bit and I have a fair point.
Did I say anywhere that we should be proud of it? and I saw very few kids where I was behind the goal. Stop overblowing things.
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:Arnu, I'm pretty sure your son participates in the chants you talk about. Just saying.
Yeah he can be a moron as well,we have these arguments here too.He behave impeccably when I'm there,like you would if youd gone with your dad.

Ive done it, you do it I'm not an old prude and if you read what I'm saying even you can see what I'm getting at here.There were small children in the segregated bit right near you and the bit to your left (Where I moved too) was full of families women and kids. It was 50% of what you were singing not 10 and you were getting some pretty angry comments from around me.I just happen to agree it was too much.
Last edited by ARNU on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

Woodford dagger.

Read what ive said. You were standing next to 2 little boys in the segregated bit who were with their dad who I believe was the steward with the tats.They were right next to you.I thought you all went too far,you weren't funny and many other dagger fans around me felt the same way.Mr benstead was nowhere near me and he clearly felt strongly enough to start this thread. This aint about random swearing its about a couple of your chants which if you had any manners you wouldn't sing in front of kids or your mum. Or would you ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Woodford dagger.

Read what ive said. You were standing next to 2 little boys in the segregated bit who were with their dad who I believe was the steward with the tats.They were right next to you.I thought you all went too far,you weren't funny and many other dagger fans around me felt the same way.Mr benstead was nowhere near me and he clearly felt strongly enough to start this thread. This aint about random swearing its about a couple of your chants which if you had any manners you wouldn't sing in front of kids or your mum. Or would you ?
When my mum is watching Emmerdale Farm I always walk in chanting about taking it up the arse though that was the norm :lol:
Woodford Dagger

ARNU wrote:Woodford dagger.

I was standing right at the back and couldn't see any kids, everyone around me was was of pretty similar age. Obviously I wouldn't sing a chant with loads of swearing right next to children but I didn't see any near me so what can I do? I think you might have me confused with someone else.

If Benstead felt so strongly why didn't he say anything? Or did he and have I missed that.

Also why are you trying to bring this back to everyday life? Like I'm going to go round my office swearing or chanting about paedophiles, we're at football not in the work place or at home.
RampantDuke

Tricky one this. I love the fact that we have got some proper boys following us who are out for a drink and a song - I don't want to see that stop or for them to be pushed out of the club but seriously - 'get your tits out for the lads?' I haven't heard that chant since the 1980's. In any other ground in the country the stewards (and possibly the police) would have moved in and chucked a few people out for that and some of the other stuff. I think that the 'youth squad' were very lucky that the lady in question took it so well (no pun intended here by the way). I do love the 'John Still had a dream' song though. Perhaps we should stick to that going forward? :D
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
NickMurphy

ARNU wrote:
NickMurphy wrote:
ARNU wrote: Sing something original stop embarrassing yourselves.
Aren't you the one that still calls Tamplin, tampon? ;)
Bit different,and ive stopped as it was getting childish.I made a fair and firm case above.

While you condone singing about paedophiles and arse sex and ***** in front of children
you will never hold the moral high ground here,and you know it !
Where did I say I condone it? Wasn't even there on Saturday.
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:Arnu, I'm pretty sure your son participates in the chants you talk about. Just saying.
Yeah he can be a moron as well,we have these arguments here too.He behave impeccably when I'm there,like you would if youd gone with your dad.

Ive done it, you do it I'm not an old prude and if you read what I'm saying even you can see what I'm getting at here.There were small children in the segregated bit right near you and the bit to your left (Where I moved too) was full of families women and kids. It was 50% of what you were singing not 10 and you were getting some pretty angry comments from around me.I just happen to agree it was too much.
Weren't even there fella so not a clue about where everyone was.
Woodford Dagger

Were you behind the goal or standing on the open bit Arnu?
Woodford Dagger

RampantDuke wrote:Tricky one this. I love the fact that we have got some proper boys following us who are out for a drink and a song - I don't want to see that stop or for them to be pushed out of the club but seriously - 'get your tits out for the lads?' I haven't heard that chant since the 1980's. In any other ground in the country the stewards (and possibly the police) would have moved in and chucked a few people out for that and some of the other stuff. I think that the 'youth squad' were very lucky that the lady in question took it so well (no pun intended here by the way). I do love the 'John Still had a dream' song though. Perhaps we should stick to that going forward? :D
Poor taste yes but definitely feels like this has been made into something bigger than what it is. The fact the police may have got involved if it was somewhere else is a pretty sad statement of where football is at the moment and it definitely would have been out of proportion for what was happening.
RampantDuke

Woodford Dagger wrote:
RampantDuke wrote:Tricky one this. I love the fact that we have got some proper boys following us who are out for a drink and a song - I don't want to see that stop or for them to be pushed out of the club but seriously - 'get your tits out for the lads?' I haven't heard that chant since the 1980's. In any other ground in the country the stewards (and possibly the police) would have moved in and chucked a few people out for that and some of the other stuff. I think that the 'youth squad' were very lucky that the lady in question took it so well (no pun intended here by the way). I do love the 'John Still had a dream' song though. Perhaps we should stick to that going forward? :D
Poor taste yes but definitely feels like this has been made into something bigger than what it is. The fact the police may have got involved if it was somewhere else is a pretty sad statement of where football is at the moment and it definitely would have been out of proportion for what was happening.
Yes but my fellow Woodfordian you have to move with the times. What was acceptable and funny in the 1970's kind of isn't now (just watch the recent remake of Are you being served? for proof!) so it is about society and moving boundaries rather than just football. I think most people on here are just saying that it might be better all round if the chants focus on the positive stuff that is going on at the club rather than some of the cheap old school bum sex gags of the past. In all honesty how would you have felt if the stewardess in question was you Mum or Sister?? Woodford rocks by the way!
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Woodford Dagger

RampantDuke wrote:
Woodford Dagger wrote:
Yes but my fellow Woodfordian you have to move with the times. What was acceptable and funny in the 1970's kind of isn't now (just watch the recent remake of Are you being served? for proof!) so it is about society and moving boundaries rather than just football. I think most people on here are just saying that it might be better all round if the chants focus on the positive stuff that is going on at the club rather than some of the cheap old school bum sex gags of the past. In all honesty how would you have felt if the stewardess in question was you Mum or Sister?? Woodford rocks by the way!
I agree with you Rampant but like I said the stewardess took it well, if she didn't then I'd agree with you 100%. Obviously we've all got different views on what is acceptable and what isn't and I personally didn't sing any of the chants directed at her but at the same time if it was my mum or sister I'd say to them, it's a shame but to expect that kind of chanting. Suppose we'll just have to chalk this one up to different points of view!

Good to know I'm not the only Dagger in Woodford as well!
bearaab

You shouldn't have to expect it. I won't be bringing my kids along when they're old enough if there's going to be a load of dickheads singing about ***** and paedophiles. Just because you're not right next to a bunch of kids, doesn't mean they won't hear it. It doesn't happen at any other sport I've been to see, being at a football game isn't a free pass to act like a twat.