Luke Norris...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Take a bow son
ARNU

I wonder if theres any chance we could sign him permanently.A goal a game so far,definately a poacher we could do with.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

Dream on haha
matt_drfc

Nice daggers hat by the way ARNU ;)
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:I wonder if theres any chance we could sign him permanently.A goal a game so far,definately a poacher we could do with.
He has the best scoring average in the league Arnu by a country mile. 8 goals in 13 games and not against rubbish either.

May have had a chance if we had kept him a secret but stats like this are going to alert bigger Clubs then us. If they are prepared to pay good money for a bloke who cant head ( why do we persist in banging long high balls upto him ) then surely they will look at this Lad as a viable alternative.
Dagdale

I know early days yet for us and here's hoping many more but what I really like about this lad he seems so powerful with one hell of a shot, build really solid, nips in behind defenders well and seems hungry to do damage to the opposition. So glad WB played two up front last night, really hope we can pull out all the stops and at least keep him to end of season.
leewilson

From what I saw last night, we're not far away from clicking again. I really think Bingham is the missing piece in the puzzle. When we get the ball in the midfield and build forward, we look dangerous. 1-2 Southend fans are surprised we're not in the play offs from the showing at theirs and last night. But for me, our big weakness is that without Bingham we go too direct too early sometimes and go long up to Murphy and Norris, neither of whom are good in the air. Often the loose balls are dropping in the centre of the pitch where we were outnumbered by only having D'Ath and Ogogo. Need Bingham to make us a bit more canny on the ball and not to give it away cheaply.

Also fair play to Dickson, thought he came on last night and did alright again, especially from a right wing position. Hopefully he maintains this as he's now 'an option'.
shoreyda2nd

leewilson wrote:From what I saw last night, we're not far away from clicking again. I really think Bingham is the missing piece in the puzzle. When we get the ball in the midfield and build forward, we look dangerous. 1-2 Southend fans are surprised we're not in the play offs from the showing at theirs and last night. But for me, our big weakness is that without Bingham we go too direct too early sometimes and go long up to Murphy and Norris, neither of whom are good in the air. Often the loose balls are dropping in the centre of the pitch where we were outnumbered by only having D'Ath and Ogogo. Need Bingham to make us a bit more canny on the ball and not to give it away cheaply.
Tricky one this. Last night Abu and Lawson had to work so hard defensively. If we had Bingham instead of one of them I don't think we'd of got a result.
In a midfield 3 Bingham/Saunders are in my opinion essential, as Rhys on his own doesn't win headers or hold the ball up allowing the midfield to push forwards meaning that we need to build a slower more pass-orientated attack. If we play 433/451 then we need Billy or Matt, but in a 442 I think we'd be left a little bit too open.
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:Nice daggers hat by the way ARNU ;)
Same as everyone elses I think.Dont tell Lee Wilson he'll want me to eat it. 8-)
chasthedagger

can someone put me right did his goal get a deflection, i was almost right behind when he struck it i didnt see any but i am an old fart and the old peepers are not what they used to be, the reason for the question is i live in rayleigh and have read the match report in the local paper and they seemed to think there was, plus old fake tan is moaning that they should have won comfortably against a team like us 4 points out of 6 and a cup thrashing not bad for a team like us.
ARNU

I didn't see any deflection at the time but it looks like a very very slight deflection in the replay.It was going in anyway,****** Southend moners moaning about deflections,did they think their goal was a stunner ? I hate 'em.
leewilson

shoreyda2nd wrote:
leewilson wrote:From what I saw last night, we're not far away from clicking again. I really think Bingham is the missing piece in the puzzle. When we get the ball in the midfield and build forward, we look dangerous. 1-2 Southend fans are surprised we're not in the play offs from the showing at theirs and last night. But for me, our big weakness is that without Bingham we go too direct too early sometimes and go long up to Murphy and Norris, neither of whom are good in the air. Often the loose balls are dropping in the centre of the pitch where we were outnumbered by only having D'Ath and Ogogo. Need Bingham to make us a bit more canny on the ball and not to give it away cheaply.
Tricky one this. Last night Abu and Lawson had to work so hard defensively. If we had Bingham instead of one of them I don't think we'd of got a result.
In a midfield 3 Bingham/Saunders are in my opinion essential, as Rhys on his own doesn't win headers or hold the ball up allowing the midfield to push forwards meaning that we need to build a slower more pass-orientated attack. If we play 433/451 then we need Billy or Matt, but in a 442 I think we'd be left a little bit too open.
I completely agree. It's ashame we can't merge Billy and Ogogo and form them into one player as we'd have a superb midfielder for this level.

I do like us playing with two up front. In the past, it's where our best success has come from. But we've got to have the right combination in midfield for it to work. Front two need to be in sync and working hard as well. I always felt Benson/Strevens/Nurse worked well as they were prepared to graft as well as the former two especially being able to finish in their prime with us. Murphy does a lot of work in trying to get behind a defence but not much in the gap between their back 4 and midfield. I'll have to see Norris again to judge how much work he does as in all honesty, I can't remember from last night!

I'm really chuffed we've extended D'Ath's loan as well and that people are beginning to see the ability he has now. Very good player and has the work rate to go with it. Just needs to add goals to his game now and I think he'll get a couple between now and the end of the season.