Essex Senior Cup 3rd Round Draw

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Will be conducted at 5.30pm tomorrow on BBC Essex.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Sagres

Dagenham & Redbridge vs Southend United
ayrisdagger

Aint had this local derby since 2014/15.
daggersjeff

I'd like to see us put out a decent team for this game.

Southend lurking near bottom of league 1 with not a lot to play for, will see this as a bonus competition this year. They put out a good team, will be a decent test of our boys.
NBDag

daggersjeff wrote:I'd like to see us put out a decent team for this game.

Southend lurking near bottom of league 1 with not a lot to play for, will see this as a bonus competition this year. They put out a good team, will be a decent test of our boys.
Wouldn't put any first team players out for this. Why risk injuring a squad that's top of the league for a nothing tournament?
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:
daggersjeff wrote:I'd like to see us put out a decent team for this game.

Wouldn't put any first team players out for this. Why risk injuring a squad that's top of the league for a nothing tournament?
Yep. It was the ESC that finally did for Zavon Hines when he was on his comeback from injury.

Nice to win, but no need to take any risks at all.
stanton101

As stated, don't play any first teamers. It's not worth the risk. And anyway we'll be playing them in the league next season.
mickeyblue

defo much better to see benno up top with assabalonga
Howell Shepard Raymond etc

just hoping it's not on my night shift week
but we finished 9th!
Lcbdagger

Cousins, Shepherd, Robson (if he's still on the bench for League games after this weekend), Ling, Raymond, Howell, Hyde, Donellan, Benson, Assombalonga, Berkowicz... that's an XI of 'first team squad players' which wouldn't affect our League XI if one or two had an unfortunate injury. That doesn't include young Moore in goal or any of the current Academy youngsters
Sagres

What date is this game??