Daggers vs Tranmere

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Well... What a cracking game... I've of the most exciting 0-0 games I've been to in many a year with both teams having chances to win late on.

Our record against ten men sadly continues from the Football League.

More confident after tonight that a fully fit squad can hang around the top of this division
A S dagger97

Probably the right result for the two sides. Pretty evenly matched with their keeper making some impressive saves and the way they played despite loosing a man. We may well come out of October with a mixed record which should keep us right up there.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Adrian

Decent and entertaining game of football with both teams having a proper go.

Shame that some of our support seem to have got so spoilt by a decent start though.
RampantDuke

They could/should have won it at the death. I'll happily take the point tonight. Good second half from our point of view too.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
BarkingRambo

Good result. I would have been happy to take 0-0 before the game and feel ok for it now. Entertaining game that I thought we edged slightly. We had more of the ball and and looked more exciting. They were just hitting it forward and hoping for the best at points and to be fair to them it nearly worked on several occasions.
Alan

Couple of decisions that I though were poor:

Pulling game back for a foul for us when Whitely was through on goal

Not booking Jennings, having played advantage, for the foul in the move that led to their player being sent off. He'd have been off for the yellow that he subsequently received.
Pie & Mash

Time wasting from their GK was quite taxing :roll:
SUSSEX DAGGER

Got to be pleased with the performance if a little disappointed we did not win it.

The Oppossing Goalkeeper once again made two magnificent saves , hit the post and looked the most likely after the initial 20 minutes when we got penned back.

No doubt the best team we have seen all season ,

Nearly lost it at the death so can't complain .
Adrian

Alan wrote:Couple of decisions that I though were poor:

Not booking Jennings, having played advantage, for the foul in the move that led to their player being sent off. He'd have been off for the yellow that he subsequently received.
Don't remember a foul in the move that led to the 6 going off.
There was an attempt at a foul by the 20 that should have seen him booked in the move that led to the foul by Jennings that got him booked. The 20 tried to pull back Robinson, and then having failed he took a massive hack at him and missed. The ref just spoke to him.

I couldn't believe how long he took to give the foul that got the 6 sent off, after blowing so quickly and mucking up the advantage for his first yellow.

Don't get all the whinging about time wasting by the goalkeeper. He wasn't rushing, but he wasn't taking that long over his kicks. Some people were screaming at him to hurry up from the moment he picked the ball up after it went out.
BB-Dagger

Really enjoyed the game yesterday, I thought the difference in the sides was experience, they had a bit more nouse about them, even the fat git at the back didn't run much he just read the game well, but overall I was pleased with the Daggers efforts, Boucard looked impressive apart from one bad pass, we looked like winning it in the last 10 minutes then at the death they should have scored, for a 0-0 it was a good game to watch.
daggersjeff

A much better performance all round this week....no doubt Tranmere will be there or thereabouts come the end of season honours.

Like Boucaud in the free role he has now.....

Once again a visiting keeper turns into Gordon Banks for the day, otherwise I think we would have won by two or three

Macclesfield up next at home...another toughie.....but we are looking good currently
Alan

Adrian wrote:
Alan wrote:Couple of decisions that I though were poor:

Don't remember a foul in the move that led to the 6 going off.
There was an attempt at a foul by the 20 that should have seen him booked in the move that led to the foul by Jennings that got him booked. The 20 tried to pull back Robinson, and then having failed he took a massive hack at him and missed. The ref just spoke to him.

I couldn't believe how long he took to give the foul that got the 6 sent off, after blowing so quickly and mucking up the advantage for his first yellow.

Don't get all the whinging about time wasting by the goalkeeper. He wasn't rushing, but he wasn't taking that long over his kicks. Some people were screaming at him to hurry up from the moment he picked the ball up after it went out.
There's a player trying to pull whitely back when he starts his run.