Takeover latest

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

In the call, Mr Tamplin explained "The Easts are making this as difficult as possible and throwing legal hurdles in front of the process at every turn. They have accused the board of not ensuring that there is a level playing field for each of the bids and of favouring us."
This sounds like an excuse to back track on the Fans Forum from Tamplin . There are no legal hurdles coming from the Easts, so is it possible for Tamplin to clarify exactly what legal hurdles are preventing him from having a Fans Forum before the vote?
Alan

What legal hurdle would prevent either side from renting a hall and holding an open meeting? None that I know of.
Auntie Merge

A few people spoke to me yesterday and asked me to post:

1. The Easts had to threaten or take legal action in order for the board to present their consortium bid to the members. Up until this point the board had showed intention of telling the members of the East's bid.

2. The Easts were asked to submit their proposal to the board by a particular date and time. Submit this proposal to a board which contained at least 3 members of the Tamplin bid. A complete conflict of interests. No one on the Tamplin side should have seen sight of the Easts bid.

3. This enabled Tamplin to almost copy the Easts bid word for word and put in an increased offer knowing full well the contents of the Easts bid and the amount on the table.

This all feels like a huge conflict of interests.
diggerdagger1

Goes deeper than that I am afraid. When the two consortiums met the east consortium tabled a proposal ( see Dave bennertt's letter to members dated 6th September.) this proposal if agreed by the tamplin consortium would have addressed the three main concerns of supporters. These being 1) tamplin would not get overall control of the club 2) the voting structure to ensure that the current structure could not continue Ie 5 members of rhe board sticking to get her irrespective of whether it was right for the club or not and 3) the reining in of Thompson not the sacking of him. This was rejected by the 3 members of the tamplin consortium. Tamplin then suggests that all 8 members of the 2 consortiums invest £125000 for 10 per cent each. This offer according to Dave Bennett was made in good faith even though tamplin knew some of the 8 could not afford it. We then get a new bid by the tamplin consortium followed by an increased bid by the easts. The easts bid was submitted by the easts on the 12th sept. There was a board meeting later that day. Thompson issues a statement on the 13th sept saying that the chairman would write to all members later that week. The letter is sent on the 23rd sept. And guess what there is a new bid by tamplin! This addresses some of the concerns of the east consortium plus blatantly copies some of the easts proposal. The above raises some questions 1) did the whole board discuss the east bids at the board meeting 2) Was tamplin given access to the revised east bid. If the answer to either or both questions is yes then can see where the easts are at re a legal challenge. More importantly a question for mr tamplin which is if you are now giving way on the 3 major supporters concerns why not broker a deal so both consortiums can work together. The east consortium could certainly help you win the fans round and would be more of an asset than at least 4 of your members because let's face it they have got us into this mess and still remain on the board.
Alan

I think we need to get away from the playground stuff and look at the merits. We can't criticise Tamplin for addressing concerns, no more than we can criticise the Easts for trying to boost their bid with increased funding.

One has more money.

The other has no links to the management that got us in this shit.

Both are guaranteeing the money.

Let's see the business plans. Let's have the forums - nothing is stopping either side from hiring a hall and speaking to supporters.
diggerdagger1

Alan......to answer your points. Playground stuff no comment too much respect for you tbh. Tamplin addresses concerns but only after the east consortium points them out to him but surely the board members in his consortium should have pointed this out to him from the outset. Personally think the increased east consortium bid should be applauded as it resulted in an increased bid from the other consortium. Remember the initial bid of £250000 gave him 80 per cent control from the outset. One has more money than the other which is true but my understanding is that the original east consortium bid was never meant to compete financially but to give members a choice as it was implied at the half yearly meeting of members it was investment or else. Yes I was at that meeting before anybody asks. True one consortium does not halve any link to management but the other one has which has meant a great advantage to tamplin. Both are guaranteeing the money can't see where you get that from. There is also a different type of guarantee being mentioned easts are offering a full financial guarantor but tamplin is offering a personal guarantee which means nothing and is not for the full amount. Business plans is a very good idea. Both submitted at the same time even better! Fans forum is up to the current board and I don't think it will happen despite Dave Bennett saying one would be held before the egm. Tbh still don't know how to vote would you like to be my proxy Alan?
Alan

The board don't have to call forums, they call the general meeting. I'm suggesting that the bidding parties call their own meetings to sell their bids to supporters. If one party does it, I suspect the other would want to follow suit.

Both parties have improved their bids. That's good, isn't it? Tamplin's original proposal was nowhere near as attractive, neither was the Easts'.

The supporters club could hold meetings and invite the bidders to present?

I wouldn't vote either way until I knew more. For example, if you do your money on paying journeymen, the money soon goes and you've nothing to show for it.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:The board don't have to call forums, they call the general meeting. I'm suggesting that the bidding parties call their own meetings to sell their bids to supporters. If one party does it, I suspect the other would want to follow suit.

Both parties have improved their bids. That's good, isn't it? Tamplin's original proposal was nowhere near as attractive, neither was the Easts'.

The supporters club could hold meetings and invite the bidders to present?

I wouldn't vote either way until I knew more. For example, if you do your money on paying journeymen, the money soon goes and you've nothing to show for it.
Don't see the point in any forums its members voting for this. Most have probably been bunged by Kim Jong Thompson anyway. Anyway Tamplin is already in charge, anyone who thinks the vote matters for anything is deluded. Who will count the votes? Mayor of Pyongyang probably.
diggerdagger1

He is certainly acting as if he is in charge of the club. Apparently there were car park issues at the Dover athletic game and people on the list could not get in and he was heard to say that's easily resolved I will knock the red building down and create more space. What that means for the club shop and office staff who knows. Also he was heard in conversation with his over zealous employee in the upstairs bar talking about the redevelopment of the bury road end. That's the end Thompson has always said we can't touch as the residents of bury road would complain and block our plans.
Auntie Merge

diggerdagger1 wrote:He is certainly acting as if he is in charge of the club. Apparently there were car park issues at the Dover athletic game and people on the list could not get in and he was heard to say that's easily resolved I will knock the red building down and create more space. What that means for the club shop and office staff who knows. Also he was heard in conversation with his over zealous employee in the upstairs bar talking about the redevelopment of the bury road end. That's the end Thompson has always said we can't touch as the residents of bury road would complain and block our plans.
I will take it that it's Tamplin's ignorance of the situation regarding the residents and if Thompson has been telling the truth, someone needs to tell Tamplin.
Although it has been proven in his business that Tamplin has no concern whatsoever for residents around his factory.
http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/p ... _1_3902688
And given that we are a community based club, this should be of some concern.
Pie & Mash

He's probably been advised by a lawyer.

Not for legal reasons but on the basis of, why open yourself up to unnecessary scrutiny? Especially if you're the perceived front runner. It's the same reason David Cameron refused to do a televised head-to-head debate pre-election/referendum. Big risk, marginal gains
diggerdagger1

I am confused. What's the fans forum got to do with mr tamplin? The fans forum is normally held twice a year one by the supporters club and one by the club. Normal attendance would be the chairman the md and the manager. Ffs Thompson get a grip and hold a fans forum as promised twice by mr Bennett when he was chairman. Since day 1 Thompson you have hidden behind the members this is your chance to tell the supporters what the hell is going on. Personally would invite the whole board as well as you say all decisions have been unanimous. You could also invite one member from each consortium as to invite mr tamplin alone would be unfair on the other consortium. The ball is in the board's court and if the board think anything of the supporters this is your chance to prove it.
Alan

diggerdagger1 wrote:I am confused. What's the fans forum got to do with mr tamplin? The fans forum is normally held twice a year one by the supporters club and one by the club. Normal attendance would be the chairman the md and the manager. Ffs Thompson get a grip and hold a fans forum as promised twice by mr Bennett when he was chairman. Since day 1 Thompson you have hidden behind the members this is your chance to tell the supporters what the hell is going on. Personally would invite the whole board as well as you say all decisions have been unanimous. You could also invite one member from each consortium as to invite mr tamplin alone would be unfair on the other consortium. The ball is in the board's court and if the board think anything of the supporters this is your chance to prove it.
Tamplin said he was going to hold a forum and so Thommo is saying that has nothing to do with him. Personally, I think the ball is in the bidding parties' court.

I can see why Tamplin might be advised not to hold one - the recent poll suggests he's gaining support and so why risk losing momentum in trying to persuade those who will not be persuaded and having another protest. I suspect t he hadn't realised quite how his interview in which he said he'd hold one, would have shifted the ground.

On the other hand, if I were the Easts I'd be hiring a hall and inviting the members and supporters to meet my consortium, explaining the bid and plans and so on.
diggerdagger1

Agree with most of what you said Alan. Was told by one of the protestors he met in the car pArk that he said he has wanted to meet the supporters from day 1 but has been stopped by the board or 2 members of the board. He did not mention the word forum. Your suggestion re the easts hiring a hall etc etc is a good point though. If that happened think tamplin aided by the board would do the same!
Alan

The word "forum" was used by Tamplin in the interview with Mike. It doesn't say before the vote though!

The Easts have nothing, except the cost of room hire, to lose.