Takeover latest

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RampantDuke

Interesting. I have always been a big fan of the Easts and I think it would be terribly sad if they were not involved in the club at some level following the takeover but they, like many of the other players in this charade, are not exactly covering themselves in glory are they?
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
canveydagger

That would be a shame if the Easts are no longer presidents of the club.
diggerdagger1

Would in effect be a ban! A great shame bearing in mind what the east family has done for this club.
diggerdagger1

Rampant duke......depends in your interpretation of glory! This whole episode is an utter farce and makes our club a laughing stock. Imo the whole board should be sacked but if tamplin wins 4 of the existing board will remain God help us!
Pie & Mash

The Easts don't come out looking too good in that article
diggerdagger1

Have to agree pie & mash! Bit disappointed with Mike up to now all articles have been fair except the last one which in mi opinion was biased towards tamplin. Legal issues is never a nice thing to hear but if you read all the communications you can see where the easts are coming from sadly. These are sad days for the daggers. In a situation like this threats advice and dirty tricks are the norm I am afraid. People will not speak for fear of retribution. What a mess our club is a laughing stock. If rhey made a tv show or film it would be the comedy of the year. In the words of John still I am beginning to wonder if this is the club for me
Mike the Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:Have to agree pie & mash! Bit disappointed with Mike up to now all articles have been fair except the last one which in mi opinion was biased towards tamplin. Legal issues is never a nice thing to hear but if you read all the communications you can see where the easts are coming from sadly. These are sad days for the daggers. In a situation like this threats advice and dirty tricks are the norm I am afraid. People will not speak for fear of retribution. What a mess our club is a laughing stock. If rhey made a tv show or film it would be the comedy of the year. In the words of John still I am beginning to wonder if this is the club for me
I take it you have read all communications then?

BTW, sent you a PM.
Phippo

petulance springs to mind!
diggerdagger1

In reply to Mike......yes I have and re your pm the people did not wish to come forward. I am on the fence regarding who I vote for but what about you where do you stand and are you a member? Just interested that's all
Mike the Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:In reply to Mike......yes I have and re your pm the people did not wish to come forward. I am on the fence regarding who I vote for but what about you where do you stand and are you a member? Just interested that's all
Ok no problem. There are lots of hints of some kind of Mafia or Kray style threats being handed out but oddly enough no one is man enough to stick their head up and say what they are. To misquote Simon Cowell, this is Dagenham & Redbridge not Manchester United.

I quoted Tamplin directly stating that the Easts are tyng him up in legal process. I have no evidence for that other than what I have been told. Feel free to believe it or not.

The texts referenced in this article were provided by the Easts to me, which are all actually from Glenn Tamplin to them, there is no corresponding responses from the Easts to Tamplin, nor any other correspondence between the parties provided. The only evidence offered that Tamplin had told the Easts that they would face any kind of consequence for opposing his bid is that they could not continue as Presidents of the club in light of them opposing his bid if he won.

This is not any kind of ban or a statement that they would no longer be welcome to attend or be involved as was stated in the other thread: "I have been led to believe that if the Easts consortium loses, they will be told they are not welcome in the club ever again."

The dates on the texts, and the other events I am aware of, I know the Easts met Tamplin prior to putting the consortium together for instance as they told me that, allows me to put some sort of sense to what was going on which I have reported. I have run this by other people without any of my own direction and they came to the same conclusions I did. Again, feel free to believe it or not.

I have offered the chance to the Easts to put their case through the site again as they last actually spoke to me in August, which they have yet to take up. In each interview published to date the interviewee(s) have had final say on the story before publication. The news items are more my interpretation on the facts as passed to me. If you think me biased, ignore it, its a free world and I am a grown up (usually).

i am not a member sadly, and I have stated throughout this that if it is practical to do so, I would rather the club stays as it is, a Members club. It seems more and more unlikely that this is the case though, in which case I trust that the Members will pick the bid that is best for the club going forward. On the surface, that is the one that offers the greater investment and a semblance of a plan going forward.
diggerdagger1

Thanks for that Mike very enlightening. Not one of the people effected but would I be man enough if I was tbh not sure. If I have offended you I apologise but just got the impression that at the start you were anti tamplin but now seem best buddies with him. If I am wrong I apologise.
diggerdagger1

Mike......would you like to be my proxy at the meeting? Now that's me not being man enough hee hee lol
Mike the Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:Thanks for that Mike very enlightening. Not one of the people effected but would I be man enough if I was tbh not sure. If I have offended you I apologise but just got the impression that at the start you were anti tamplin but now seem best buddies with him. If I am wrong I apologise.
Not offended at all, but I've only stepped up here as otherwise we would all be floundering around with little or no information at all.

Our club has ceased to do any kind of PR and has in fact fallen out with a number of "proper" journalists for trying to do their jobs. The press, including the B&D Post sadly, either take no interest at all as a result (particularly as we are non-league now) or just regurgitate statements. Some of the statements that have been issued have been full of holes, and I have tried to challenge them where possible.

As I say, everyone is welcome to ignore what I have written, or to decide its biased and apply any kind of filter you want to. I certainly never take anything I read at face value anywhere as there is always some personal or corporate point of view to be considered. I was definitely in the anti group at first, actually anti any kind of sale, but not so much that I was unwilling to listen to all parties. My position comes from the experience of watching clubs around us go to the wall in similar circumstances.

As for best buddies, I've met Glenn Tamplin. He's a likeable chap, he's been massively co-operative. If I ask him a direct question I get a direct answer (sometimes several). Anything in quotes is just that, a quote. If its opinion I try to make that obvious. Having actually met him, and asked him to his face the questions that I wanted answered, I was impressed TBH. He's not perfect, but I wasn't expecting perfect. If he's a liar, he's a very good one. If that came through in the interview then there you go.

Finally, if someone threatened me about something as unimportant in reality as who owns a non-league football club I would yell about it from the rooftops. If someone then decided to follow through on that threat then it would be pretty obvious, no?? If lots of people were threatened and lots of people yelled then you would have a trend and it would have to stop. As it is, lots of people seem to know someone who knows someone that might have been threatened with something, but no one actually wants to stick their head over the parapet.

Maybe I'm made of sterner stuff, but then again maybe if it happened to me in reality I wouldn't be so blasé. Who knows?
bloke down the pub

Win this week and the price goes up to3m for 49%