Shrimperama's view

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
shrimperama

Firstly congratulations on the 3 points i have delayed posting as i have been working.

FWIW here are my main points from the game.

Daggers are a decent side this year and in hines you have a decent little player, but ef me doesnt he love to throw himself to ground at the slightest of touches and the ref just kept falling for it.

The sending off. Disgrace as the referee was right there saw the whole thing and then sent off on the say so of the lino who was further away having already pulled out a yellow. Since when were linesman in charge. Worse than that though was the reaction of your players.You player tried to get up and was told to stay down and then perceive to act like he had just been shot all the while watching the referee. Then as soon as the player is red carded its a miracle hes right as rain. Ive got no time for that what so ever.

TBF i thought the standard of reffing in that match was abysmal for both sides.

We could have had a penalty first half for what looked like a blatant push but ive seen them given and obviously not.

First half was daggers and once our man went off it was always going to be hard against a pacey side.

Second half daggers seemed content to just go back to keeper and side to side rather than attack which was a little poor and made for a very dull second half.

We threw caution to the wind and on another day would have maybe scraped a point but just made poor descisions when well placed and your keeper kept out two screamers but in all honesty i just knew we wouldnt score and you could have added more on the break but missed a golden chance to seal it.

It was a quite even match until the sending off which ultimately cost both sets of fans a better game. We have appealed and hopefully it will get rescinded.

What further frustrated me was the lack of injury time. 6 substitutes and numerous time wasting for the last hour of the game included your physio on for like two minutes. Should have been 6 minutes minimum.

Last but not least was the gate. The fact the daggers only brought 450 odd and we only had 4000 made for a piss poor crowd, but with the champions league on the telly and us having played another home game on friday it was maybe a little optimistic to epxect a lot more but that is well below our average. Although we consider this a derby compared to col u or orient its nothing.

Good luck for the rest of the season and i still firmly believe we will be in and around the top of the table come may and maybe it could be a good season for the daggers.
admin
Site Admin

I wasn't going to post much on my own forum but I want to add something. Strange bunch your lot are Shrimpy. Definitely no where near as good as you used to be when you had a strong side, good crowds and team which I personally didn't mind seeing doing well. Ron Martin isn't a nice man and doesn't care about your club and has screwed it up. The reason I haven't been so friendly towards Southend over the last couple of years is because of the way some of your fans have been towards us but I'm starting to wonder if you just have a small number of idiots go over there who ruin it for the rest of you (I suppose every club has idiot fans). Some of your lot were getting mouthy, some were hiding behind there computer's getting mouthy and some have been quite good through all this. For example, I went into work the next day and a few Southend fans did come over say well played you were the better team on two occasions and on form Dagenham are better team than Southend. They did go on to say about how there upset with the way the own club has gone, which is fine with me. Can't really argue with your comments today, best of luck for the rest of the season and I'm looking forward to renewing the rivalry in January and hopefully league 1 next season.
lupins

Where you watching the game and which bit of hines being kicked all over the shop are you unsure of. Did you not notice the foul in the first minute that nearly sent him through the perimeter wall and the defender didn't even get a speaking too which bearing in mind his subsequent kicking probably stopped another sending off

If your attack was 'throwing caution to the wind' then don't ever go gung ho you might cross the halfway line

The sending off would be given by some but not others but was a shocking tackle. If anything it made you even more defence minded which was why we held it up to draw you out but you seemed happy to try to fluke one rather than go down valiantly
ARNU

That tackle looks pretty bad on the Daggers player/you-tube.The commentator remarks that it was a bad one.It looked bad from where we were and on watching it back I dont think it was wrong to send him off.I cant see it being resinded,lets put it like that.I've seen people go off for less.Also if the lino sees a blatant foul its his duty to inform the ref so get off the lino's case as he probably had the clearest view.Hines was chopped all day long as he was at Northampton Saturday,he's not the leagues most fouled player for nothing.I don't like divers but I dislike dirty players just a bit more and 18 fouls against us wasn't a great achievement by the Southend defence.I think one or two others were lucky not to go as well.

Southend probably had 2 decent attempts 2nd half plus the Atkison one he blasted towards the moon was a bit of a howler.Medi probably was a bit unlucky not to score and Murphy hit the post 1st half and Howell put it just wide early on too so I cant see how we can be accused of not attacking.It is of course the home teams duty to bring it to the away team.I thought we were nervous 2nd half but contained any onslaught quite well.Southend improved with 10 men we stayed the same(Though quite comfortable) so I think Southend should feel quite flattered we gave you some respect.

Phil Browns radio interview after made it sound like you should have won 5-2 (sounds a familiar score)and he talked you up big time.I bet he gets the sack by the end of the season.You miss Cresswell and Tomlin and probably are at the moment the worst Southend team Ive seen in recent years.Its probably fair to say we are a better team this year than you are used to playing,Hines and Murphy are the difference so we got some work to do to keep them both.

Fair play to you for coming back on Shrimpy,just the treble to come now LOL!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
shrimperama

Re: Hines I have already commented that he is a useful player and I think when we had ryan hall he was the most fouled in the league also as the type to go down easy.

As for the first tackle where hines went flying it literally was an old fashioned shoulder barge with one player just smashing the other and the only reason I think white got a card was because he trapped off to the referee. There was one naughty tackle though I think on hines we he literally ran 60 yards with the ball and our player was deservedly booked.

The games we lose this season (jpt aside) are always be the odd goal and the same when we win. We have got a very tight defence but up top we look shy of a pacey front man. Of course it doesn't help when you have been embargoed for like 6 months.

I still think that this league is so poor that we will finish top seven , but if we had been in this same league a few seasons back I feel for sure we would have walked it. At least both teams played football the right way.

As for the red Im still convinced it was nothing more than a yellow for poor timing. There was no malice in the tackle and it was just inside our half and nowhere near a goal scoring chance. They very rarely get rescinded but you never know.

Incidentally if you watch southends highlites against burton the week before they had a player sent off for a second yellow and the tackle was by far and away a more reckless tackle.
SUSSEX DAGGER

shrimperama wrote:Re: Hines I have already commented that he is a useful player and I think when we had ryan hall he was the most fouled in the league also as the type to go down easy.

As for the first tackle where hines went flying it literally was an old fashioned shoulder barge with one player just smashing the other and the only reason I think white got a card was because he trapped off to the referee. There was one naughty tackle though I think on hines we he literally ran 60 yards with the ball and our player was deservedly booked.

The games we lose this season (jpt aside) are always be the odd goal and the same when we win. We have got a very tight defence but up top we look shy of a pacey front man. Of course it doesn't help when you have been embargoed for like 6 months.

I still think that this league is so poor that we will finish top seven , but if we had been in this same league a few seasons back I feel for sure we would have walked it. At least both teams played football the right way.

As for the red Im still convinced it was nothing more than a yellow for poor timing. There was no malice in the tackle and it was just inside our half and nowhere near a goal scoring chance. They very rarely get rescinded but you never know.

Incidentally if you watch southends highlites against burton the week before they had a player sent off for a second yellow and the tackle was by far and away a more reckless tackle.
Of course you may of walked it a few seasons but that is why you have an embargo on. You had champagne taste with beer money and not a pot to piss in .

Like that shower down the road from where I currently live you are nothing but financial cheats who are finally having to accept the fact that you have lived beyond your means for far to long.

Over the course of the past few years you were always stronger then Dagenham due to the simple fact that you cheated.
In my opinion Clubs like Portsmoth and yours are akin to drug cheats as your glories have been built on a lie

Our patience has been rewarded with a decent team in the short term that has been built on a sound financial footing. Your lofty position, if you can call it that, has been built on delusions of grander.

You may have been a better team over the past few seasons but it is all a lie. Our current team has been built on honesty and hard work within budget which must be one of the smallest in the Football League.

So crow all you want about past glories built on a mountain of debt, the one thing that you cant argue about is that Dagenham and Redbridge are a far better run club then yours.
Penfold

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
shrimperama wrote:Re: Hines I have already commented that he is a useful player and I think when we had ryan hall he was the most fouled in the league also as the type to go down easy.

Of course you may of walked it a few seasons but that is why you have an embargo on. You had champagne taste with beer money and not a pot to piss in .

Like that shower down the road from where I currently live you are nothing but financial cheats who are finally having to accept the fact that you have lived beyond your means for far to long.

Over the course of the past few years you were always stronger then Dagenham due to the simple fact that you cheated.
In my opinion Clubs like Portsmoth and yours are akin to drug cheats as your glories have been built on a lie

Our patience has been rewarded with a decent team in the short term that has been built on a sound financial footing. Your lofty position, if you can call it that, has been built on delusions of grander.

You may have been a better team over the past few seasons but it is all a lie. Our current team has been built on honesty and hard work within budget which must be one of the smallest in the Football League.

So crow all you want about past glories built on a mountain of debt, the one thing that you cant argue about is that Dagenham and Redbridge are a far better run club then yours.
*stands up and applauses* Sussex you really are qucking fuality!!!!!
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
SUSSEX DAGGER

Guess who is one of the Players involved in this Transfer Embargo. That's right step forward one Michael Spilane who is owed three months wages. What a mug they took him for. what was that song Putula Clark sang The Other mans grass is never greener.

Their other major creditor is the Football League for JPT final tickets. Can you believe that a financial benefit like that,one that we could only dream of because we play by the rules, and they cock that up.
shrimperama

I dont really think you can put us and portsmouth in the same bracket.

It doesnt take a genius to work out that on crowds of 25k even in the premier you cannot keep paying players 40k per week +.

Our problems started long before Ron Martin came to our club. Before him was vic jobson and he was possibly an even bigger crook. Ron martin literally works out who to pay money to and when in order to keep cash flow going, which is a joke but we have hardly had a champagne lifestyle and infact if you look at our transfers in and out over the last 10 season money coming in far outweighs money going out.

The season we got up into the championship we had not a single big time charlie and even sean goater wasnt on a fortune.

Im not sure where you get this idea that we massively spend beyond our means. Unless we build the ground within the next few seasons or get bought out then we will sink its that simple.

Looking at things we as fans just dont undertsand why the club can be in such debt. The current team are not millionairs and with average gates of 5k + we really shouldnt be struggling so hard.

Unfortunately you can pick your club but cant pick your chairman. Thats not our fault.

FWIW i admire any team with gates such as yours that continually beat the odds as it bucks a trend that just shits on the lower league.
upthedale

Couldn't agree more with Shrimpera! Disgraceful antics all day from the Daggers! Diving and cheating all game! You have some great players but why do they feel the need to cheat!
upthedale

Couldn't agree more with Shrimpera! Disgraceful antics all day from the Daggers! Diving and cheating all game! You have some great players but why do they feel the need to cheat!
ARNU

Go back oop narth and beat your wife over it.

We won you lost....next !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
rechitski kinzhal

Worst bit of cheating I saw was the Rochdale player who pretended he had been punched to the left of the halfway line in front of the sieve. But if you want to criticize our side, I have to say I wasn't impressed with the time-wasting - it may well have been understandable when you are hanging on against the team top of the league, but it is not what I want to see.
Daggers No 2 Fan

I remember a few occasions where Rochdale players went down making the most of nothing challenges.
I remember 3 Rochdale players being rightly booked for fouls.
I remember Elito falling over a couple of times, but that isn't diving.

I don't remember any timewasting other than when Hoyte was booked.
We always take ages out throw ins as we don't seem to know what to do from them.
Chigwellian

Actually,...... I think Lewie was time wasting near the end!