Pitch

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

I was told this yesterday: that on the day of the charity game for Harry, Tamplin's son's team will be playing a u-16s Sunday league game.

What is this going to do to the pitch before our Essex Senior Cup game on the Tuesday and potential FA cup game on Saturday?
BB-Dagger

I don't think the pitch has looked too good this season, back passes bobble and the overall condition of the grass seems poor (weeds for instance) is Ian Manhood still about?
As for the u16's game I can't imagine that making the pitch any different, after the charity game the pitch would be rolled anyway, it's not as if it's a rugby game after all!
Adrian

Auntie Merge wrote:I was told this yesterday: that on the day of the charity game for Harry, Tamplin's son's team will be playing a u-16s Sunday league game.

What is this going to do to the pitch before our Essex Senior Cup game on the Tuesday and potential FA cup game on Saturday?

It won't do anything.
The youth team that was run by a couple of our supporters used to play on our pitch once in a while. That didn't cause a problem.
Diggerthedog

West Ham are now actually looking after the pitch previous groundsman was dismissed. It won't help with lots of teams playing on it but when you own the football club you can do what you want with it.
durnzo

I'm sorry but:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......
diggerdagger1

That makes 6 matches on the pitch in 10 days that's a lot of matches. Won't make an immediate effect on the pirch but will with wear and tear later in the season. Might mean hoof ball instead of the nice football we are playing at the moment
bloke down the pub

Auntie Merge wrote:I was told this yesterday: that on the day of the charity game for Harry, Tamplin's son's team will be playing a u-16s Sunday league game.

When he takes over he can plant daisies behind the goal if he wants.
ARNU

Football played on football pitch shocker!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
TomMc

I'm more concerned a misogynist like Dapper Laughs is the top name on the list of "celebrities" playing in the charity game.
steeevooo

I think I recognised about two names when I quickly looked at the "celebrities" on offer - and neither of those I'd class as celebrities in their own right!!
Djdagger

The pitch this season is the best its been for a long while considering how much it has been used, West Ham, Sunday mornings etc thats from the coaching/management team at both us and West Ham.
mickeyblue

I'm more concerned about the state of the pitch. it's never looked this bad. wgete have always had a decent pitch. rid of them west ham Muppets
but we finished 9th!
DI Mike Dashwood

It's hard to know what is serious or sarcy on here at moment, so at risk of getting whoosshhhed (do we still get that on here), are you being serious MB??

I thought the pitch on Saturday looked top quality. A look back at the pitch from 2000/2001 during the FA Cup run will show you the pitch has not always been that great (Michael, can you provide some)!!!
Mike the Dagger

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:It's hard to know what is serious or sarcy on here at moment, so at risk of getting whoosshhhed (do we still get that on here), are you being serious MB??

I thought the pitch on Saturday looked top quality. A look back at the pitch from 2000/2001 during the FA Cup run will show you the pitch has not always been that great (Michael, can you provide some)!!!
I think the rain in the first half on Saturday helped. The pitch often looks dry, and is bobbly as a result.

A sprinkler system would help, and we nearly had one once.
Alan

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:It's hard to know what is serious or sarcy on here at moment, so at risk of getting whoosshhhed (do we still get that on here), are you being serious MB??

That was like beach football

http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8256346