Disgusting

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
leewilson

I was told yesterday, that about 3 weeks ago, Glenn Tamplin burped whilst at the dinner table and didn't say pardon.

It's very worrying that we are potentially going to hand our club over to a man who has such a disregard for table etiquette. I have heard that others in the household are planning to take legal action in order to ban Glenn Tamplin from their place of eating. He will not be welcome there again.

Alongside this, I actually bumped into Glenn recently and questioned him over this whole affair. I called him a 'Judas' because it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

Finally, I heard from a friend of a cousin's friend that Glenn Tamplin once kicked a stone and it hit a wall. However, this might not be true, but it definitely is true.
The Romford Dagger

*claps*

Sums this whole saga up. Anything that can be thrown at him, is. No matter how petty and childish
mickeyblue

oh more banter
dick
but we finished 9th!
Pie & Mash

Very good :-)
grumpy old git

Regardless of what your thoughts on this saga perhaps if you have nothing sensible to say it's better to say nothing.
bearaab

I heard he stole a twix when he was 7
Lcbdagger

While I'm still largely ambivalent about the takeover in terms of who gets control of the club, you can't help but feel on here that the Tamplin move is having a bit of a Corbyn effect with people... The more frequent and obscure the allegations against him (son's team ruining the pitch??) The more support he will inevitably get from those who feel he is being targeted for the wrong reasons
Pie & Mash

Except Corbyn is 16 points behind in national polls and Tamplin is likely to win his vote
durnzo

My Point exactly lcb. When it first came to light I thought he looked like a complete chancer and not fit to be anywhere near a football club. But now with all the "allegations" and their increasingly desperate and juvenile nature I'm actually warming towards him.

From what I can see there's a group of long standing fans who are seen as almost celebrity type fans who have great access to the club and it's personnel, and good luck to them they've obviously done the hard yards to get there, who now feel threatened that if the way that the club is run changes they won't be as important to the new lot. I could be wrong but that's how it looks to me.

Also, what the likes of me think of tamplin is irrelevant because I'm not a member so can't vote and will continue to go whoever runs through club. If all these allegations are true then the members should discuss them amongst themselves as they're the ones who's opinions actually matter with regards to the vote.

Like I said on another thread all these "tabloidesque exclusives" are actually making people's opinions of him change in favour of him. Especially when from what I've seen he's actually prepared to accept differing forms of bids depending on who else puts in what, which result in him having less than overall power. Still not completely sold on him but far more than I was originally.
Diggerthedog

Pie & Mash wrote:Except Corbyn is 16 points behind in national polls and Tamplin is likely to win his vote
It is now the voting pattern had been changed. Previously 75% was needed now only 50%. Still as long as the North Korean nut job keeps his job thats all that matters.
The Romford Dagger

durnzo wrote:My Point exactly lcb. When it first came to light I thought he looked like a complete chancer and not fit to be anywhere near a football club. But now with all the "allegations" and their increasingly desperate and juvenile nature I'm actually warming towards him.

From what I can see there's a group of long standing fans who are seen as almost celebrity type fans who have great access to the club and it's personnel, and good luck to them they've obviously done the hard yards to get there, who now feel threatened that if the way that the club is run changes they won't be as important to the new lot. I could be wrong but that's how it looks to me.

Also, what the likes of me think of tamplin is irrelevant because I'm not a member so can't vote and will continue to go whoever runs through club. If all these allegations are true then the members should discuss them amongst themselves as they're the ones who's opinions actually matter with regards to the vote.

Like I said on another thread all these "tabloidesque exclusives" are actually making people's opinions of him change in favour of him. Especially when from what I've seen he's actually prepared to accept differing forms of bids depending on who else puts in what, which result in him having less than overall power. Still not completely sold on him but far more than I was originally.

100% agree
durnzo

Thanks romford dagger, I was beginning to wonder if it was just me!! The sooner this is all put to bed the better. The team is playing well, the support is getting better and it's enjoyable to go. Get a bar behind the sieve, a la bromley, selling plastic bottles of shit beer for 4 quid a pop (it's not in view of the grass so allowed and would make a pretty penny at a time when we need every one) and I'll be chuffed as nuts.
BarkingRambo

I've never understood why this club hasn't looked at using all that empty space behind the Bury Road end to put in a bar of some sort. Doesn't even need to be professional just a portacabin while they test the idea out would do.
Pie & Mash

Because the stewarding is inadequate to ensure people aren't boozing on the terraces?
Chigwellian

Pie & Mash wrote:Because the stewarding is inadequate to ensure people aren't boozing on the terraces?
To be fair, At Bromley, it only took one lady steward to man the entry onto the terrace from the bar area