61%
Don't Know
7%

Total votes: 28
Chigwellian

This has nothing to do with the take over, but may give food for thought. :lol:
ARNU

Yes.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NBDag

As Tamplin is taking over I've opted for "Don't know". I got the impression from Tamplin's interview that He is going to give Thommo less responsibility, as he feels he has been trying to do too much at the club (or have I completely misunderstood this?). So right now I'm willing to give him a chance under Tamplin. If we weren't being taken over I'd probably have him gone.
Pie & Mash

Will he own shares if Tamplin wins?

Tamplin might just keep him on for the transition as he's never owned a club before then shift him when things have settled
Sagres

Pie & Mash wrote:Will he own shares if Tamplin wins?
Glenn Tamplin | £725,000 | 43.5 %
Dave Bennett | £75,000 | 4.5%
Dennis Bean | £75,000 | 4.5%
Steve Thompson | £50,000 | 3%
John Still | £50,000 | 3%
Chris Smythe | £50,000 | 3%
Glyn Hopkin | £50,000 | 3%
David Ward | £50,000 | 3%
Jeanette Kwakye | £50,000 | 3%
Mark Fitzer | £50,000 | 3%
Members | £0 | 26.5%
BB-Dagger

I feel that there is a bit of a witch hunt with Mr Thompson, agreed that he is a bit of a control freak and sometimes over zealous with staff at the club
and yes he may have a bit too much on his plate to give everything 100% all of the time but if anyone thinks he doesn't have the best interests of the club in mind all of the time then you don't know him very well, our club has been sailing close to the wind financialy for years and budget control must be very difficult, but if you were in his position and knew how tight finances were would you put your house up as a guarantee? I don't think so! the decision to give another contract to Burnett was in hind site a mistake but thats football, the only difference with us and bigger clubs is that we couldn't afford to sack him when it became evident that he had lost the dressing room.
Whatever happens with this proposed takeover I hope he stays around albeit in a reduced capacity if necessary, but like him or loath him Dagenham and Redbridge need people like him on board.
Before the abuse starts I want to add that this is just a personal opinion.
Phippo

I very much agree with BB-Dagger on this. Having spent a fair bit of time around the club in the past (on non match days), it did come across that Thommo was not the most "charismatic" of people, but personally have found him fine! He has tackled a very difficult job well (all things considered), and yes probably made a few wrong decisions along the way (like most of us). Kicking him in to touch at this "delicate" time would not be to this clubs credit.
Diggerthedog

BB-Dagger wrote:I feel that there is a bit of a witch hunt with Mr Thompson, agreed that he is a bit of a control freak and sometimes over zealous with staff at the club
and yes he may have a bit too much on his plate to give everything 100% all of the time but if anyone thinks he doesn't have the best interests of the club in mind all of the time then you don't know him very well, our club has been sailing close to the wind financialy for years and budget control must be very difficult, but if you were in his position and knew how tight finances were would you put your house up as a guarantee? I don't think so! the decision to give another contract to Burnett was in hind site a mistake but thats football, the only difference with us and bigger clubs is that we couldn't afford to sack him when it became evident that he had lost the dressing room.
Whatever happens with this proposed takeover I hope he stays around albeit in a reduced capacity if necessary, but like him or loath him Dagenham and Redbridge need people like him on board.
Before the abuse starts I want to add that this is just a personal opinion.
Lets not forget he is handsomely paid and actually not very good as his job, see the balance sheet. Does he have the best interests of the club? of course does that make him capable? no. The club outgrew him and he should have stepped aside years ago.
steeevooo

I agree that the club has outgrown him, but that said, I do have a small amount of sympathy in the fact that he has been tasked with doing absolutely everything instead of being able to focus on his core competencies (whatever they may be). But, as an MD, to be overseeing our decline into a perilous financial state and also making no discernible efforts to improve our appalling/non-existent commercial, marketing and promotional departments reflects very badly on him. This, combined with the fact that he should never be client facing (due to his utter lack of social skills as evidenced many times on here) leads me to think that the two options are either that he leaves or that Tamplin/whoever takes over finds out his core competencies and allows him to solely focus on those (if deemed good enough for our club not just in the present, but the planned future), even if that is in a "lesser" role than MD.