The thoughts of DJB....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Crushed Dreams

I think we owe Mike our thanks for spending so much time seeking the interviews and making them available. It was good to read DJB's thoughts too.

I read the Tamplin interview - initially I was impressed and then had second thoughts - it just seemed too good to be true. I don't think it was Mike's fault for my initial impression.

I am not a member so I will just have to accept whatever the members decide. My preference would be the East bid, just because of their history with the club.
Adrian

diggerdagger1 wrote:Dear oh dear Mike there is no need for insults and swearing is there. However I will try to answer your points in a well respected intelligent even handed manner with no swearing! Yes you did report what you were told I agree. But I would have like you to have pressed tamplin more. Thought you were quite soft on him tbh. I do feel you were biased but that is my opinion and you have yours. You have already stated on more than one occasion rhat you have offered the easts a further chance to comment.there was no need for the swear word was there? Alan's words childish and playground come to mind. The post I am referring to relates to takeover latest not the thoughts of djb and I apologise for that.point one yes you are correct. Point two already answered.the words in brackets are not called for and totally unwarranted.point three thanks for the offer and much appreciated and will let you know. My agenda is pretty simple really. Just want us the members to make the right decision for the long term future of the club. What's yours by the way. Have very little inside information unlike you. My info has been obtained from this forum and talking to fellow supporters both for and against tamplin. Also as a member both consortiums have talked to me and before you say it I am not acting as Billy big shot. I know that they are only after my vote. So to finish with a question for you Mike who would you vote for and why?
I don't think you can complain about Mike insulting you. Firstly I can't see anything goes insulting in what he's said to you and secondly it seems to me that you may have insulted him by suggesting one of his articles was biased.

Mike doesn't have inside information, he's just put in a bit of effort to actually talk to all parties involved.
To suggest that he didn't press them hard enough is also potentially insulting.
Perhaps if you wanted the pressed more you could arrange your own interviews from your own time?

It's been pretty clear throughout that Mike doesn't want the club to change.
TomMc

It's always easier to complain about someone else's efforts than be proactive yourself.

Diggerdagger1 - did you ever contact the supporters club yourself to garner their opinion on their position within the bids, like Mike suggested you do?
diggerdagger1

Mike......apology accepted but was more upset by the words in brackets tbh. The only time members see the accounts is before the November agm when we receive our information packs. I would like you wish to remain the same but fear the board have pushed us to the point of no return where the only option is investment. So it's 1992 all over again. What a shame and a terrible situation the board has put the members in
diggerdagger1

Alan...yes a great shame the two consortiums could not work together. But as I said before the easts wanted and addressed the three major concerns of supporters which were overall control plus financial guarantees plus voting. Tamplin's consortium rejected the proposals but now agree to these points. Very strange!
diggerdagger1

Crushed dreams..... Very valid post but members are changing sides purely due to the financial side. The easts could bever compete financially with tamplin they just wanted to give members a choice
diggerdagger1

Adrian.....Mike has apologised to me and has not said in his reply that he feels insulted and I should apologise as well. I am entitled to my opinion or is the nkd flag still flying high at the daggers?
Alan

No more strange than the Easts' consortium objecting to Tamplin paying by instalments, yet now proposing to pay by instalments, or the Easts increasing the value of their bid to 225% of the sum first offered - they tried to improve their bid to meet the main criticism of not enough money, he's altered his bid to meet criticisms.

I think we should expose both bids to the same scepticism/scrutiny.
diggerdagger1

Tommy.....yes I did contact the supporters club as Mike suggested. And btw I was not complaining just expressing an opinion. Mike has done a great job and I have praised him for his efforts previously. Mike and I agree on our preferred way forward bur sadly that's not an option is it?
diggerdagger1

Alan......was just responding to your last paragraph that's all. Paying by instalments could be an interesting debate though. From what I have heard the easts original offer of 200 was up front and guaranteed. The tamplin 250 was going to be by instalments. Does a man worth 45 million need to pay 250k by instalments. There you go that's your starter for ten!
Alan

Agree, but their side criticised him for paying in instalments, so if it's sauce for the goose, its sauce for the gander is what I am saying.
BrexitDagger

No, no, no.

Tamplin's original offer was £250k over 5 years - with each yearly amount of £250k broken down into MONTHLY instalments.

That's what was being criticised.
Alan

Not in the Interview Gerry gave on Phoenix. I am pretty sure that he said that if you want to buy something you pay for it, you don't pay for it in instalments. Happy to be corrected if my recollection is wrong.
diggerdagger1

Alan......my understanding was that the easts original offer of £200000 would be paid up front but tamplin's £250000 per year would be by monthly instalments. My argument is that if he is worth 45 million how comes he has to pay his yearly amount in instalments. What I will be asking on Monday is have we seen any cash from him yet. Forget the takeover money I am talking about the £290000 I have mentioned previously. Members changed there minds when this was raised at the informal meeting with tamplin and in fact stilly could not praise him enough about how he could bolster the squad and get more back room staff in.
Mike the Dagger

Out of interest, why are we discussing what the original offers were here? It is what is on the table now that matters surely?

If nothing else, the battle between the two interested parties has increased the value of the various offers considerably, and led to various guarantees, which has to be a good thing I would have thought.