Massive Result

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

After things had not gone so right last two games the boys have dug out a massive result .

Third of season gone 31 points we will take 93 after 45 won't we ?

Ok People might say hang on but this team has guts Charactor and spirit running right through it
Alan

Agreed. Transformation from the relegation with a whimper from last season.
Paul from Barking

Couple of questions:

1 Are we good enough to stay there?

2 Do we really want to go back to the FL?
durnzo

Wasn't there today but from what I've seen this season i totally agree.
Personally I think it's down to having hungry youngsters rather than expensive journey men in their way down. Long may it continue.

Up the daggers.
Lcbdagger

Yes and yes... If the mentality remains to bring through young players that get sold on for a profit.

This current squad, with the confidence of winning games behind them wouldn't be far off top half in league two
SUSSEX DAGGER

Paul from Barking wrote:Couple of questions:

1 Are we good enough to stay there?

2 Do we really want to go back to the FL?
Well if we don't then looking at the penalty kick for promotion next season after the restructuring of the Football League , then I suggest if we don't make it this year and don't want promotion then sell all the players in the close season and go and resign last seasons lot.

Then again I think they would have trouble cocking it up next season
BarkingRambo

There was a time not long ago when a loss like we had midweek would have sent the team into a collapse for the next couple of months. Fantastic to see the team turning things around so quickly now.

I think the Daggers natural level is league 2. We might not have the fans or the budget for it but I thought for years we looked comfortable as a league side and can be back again
lupins

Well said
And we didn't actually look embarrassed in League 1 either and if it hadn't been for Marvin Morgan........
Sagres

Excellent result today
SUSSEX DAGGER

lupins wrote:Well said
And we didn't actually look embarrassed in League 1 either and if it hadn't been for Marvin Morgan........
Bit harsh Lupins because on the face of it he was rubbish.

There was three Southampton players who went on to play for England who's team has over 60 efforts on a Walsall goal one night and could not score one. Anyone of those many efforts gone in we would have been safe if two had we would have been safe before Peterborough.

My mate has been following Southampton for over 30 years and I went with him that night I can not beleive to this day how Southampton lost that game ,they peppered the Walsall goal.
stanton101

We had to dig deep today, with what was a makeshift side against a team that can play some decent stuff. Full credit goes to the back 3, I say three because whether Ling was carrying an injury or just plain terrible remains to be seen. Robson was outstanding and Joe and Staunton managed to keep them at bay admirably. Robinson was his usual self and for me ran a close second to my motm Robson. Corey also did his bit and chased down everything and never gave their defence a minutes peace and deserved his goal, which he took well. He was also unlucky with a shot that hit the bar that would have made life a little more comfortable near the end.
All in all a hard fought win, well done boys.
Auntie Merge

Really hope from this that Sam Ling was having an off day or injured.
Would like to think he would be one of the players that would come through and be either a regular or make us some dosh when we sell him.
Diggerthedog

Great performance from all the lads, Ling did well for a youngster who has little experience in such a big game but let's dig him out anyway FFS.

We bossed the first half and they bossed the second either side could have won and we did.