Is it just me?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
durnzo

I'm putting myself out there for a massive ***** off, but I'm big and definitely ugly enough to take it as it's only words on a screen, but is everyone enjoying this season far more than the last(rhetoric question)? People can say that it's down to the drop in level, but I personally believe it's down to the change in philosophy from journeyman on the way down to hungry, overlooked youngsters and they'd have down well in league 2 last year. I think you've gotta give john still massive credit. It's a talent to be able to spot the right hungry youngsters in what must be a sea of them. As the critics say "I'd like to see mourhino manage Sunderland (or dagenham) and do well". Not saying john still could manage at the elite level but the way he's changed the squad from last year to suit the league we're in with ****** all money is impressive to me anyway.
The Romford Dagger

durnzo wrote:I'm putting myself out there for a massive ***** off, but I'm big and definitely ugly enough to take it as it's only words on a screen, but is everyone enjoying this season far more than the last(rhetoric question)? People can say that it's down to the drop in level, but I personally believe it's down to the change in philosophy from journeyman on the way down to hungry, overlooked youngsters and they'd have down well in league 2 last year. I think you've gotta give john still massive credit. It's a talent to be able to spot the right hungry youngsters in what must be a sea of them. As the critics say "I'd like to see mourhino manage Sunderland (or dagenham) and do well". Not saying john still could manage at the elite level but the way he's changed the squad from last year to suit the league we're in with ****** all money is impressive to me anyway.

Well said.

It feels like a dagenham team whereas last season was anything but.

Still fits very well with the approach of finding unknown but talented youth and so does Daggers because of the financial restraint.
stanton101

I must admit old Jonny hoof's making me eat my words at the moment, I wasn't one of his biggest fans to say the least, but all credit to him. I'm actually enjoying my football again.
I think he's found some real gems. Whitely's playing with confidence and is now starting to chip in with some goals, Robson's like a rock at the back and Robinson looks like he's been here years. We've definitely improved on last years shower of shite in virtually all areas of the pitch and while I realise it's a level down from last year, I do think that if we'd have had this team last year, we would have stayed up quite comfortably.
IanC

Here here totally agree
Phippo

This present squad are actually getting stuck in and not what appeared last season as going through the motions. Win or lose, I leave games feeling that in the main we have given our best.