The reality...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

I live a stones throw from Sugar Hut. Fortunately I am absolutely sure rich little spray tanned wannabes will be too frightened to park their mums Merc in any road within 7 miles of the ground.The analogy " Why would you want burger when you already have steak" comes to mind.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DI Mike Dashwood

Arnu, I would walk past the protest as I don't agree with what they are protesting about, but what I am saying is that doesn't mean I don't care about the overall situation.

I also agree with DD that the Club does matter to people for a number of different reasons, although I don't agree that Tamplin coming in means overnight everything about the Club will be changed and/or ruined.

If people didn't care about it at all then they wouldn't be on here talking about it, whatever preference they have as to the way forward.
ARNU

I am puzzled at the hate filled posts about a bloke who at the end of the day has funded our season so far and is willing to save the club with not an unsubstantial amount of money. And he has a funny name that I can no longer make fun of. I don't doubt auntie merges passion but it does confuse me. Hates Burnett and thommo boycotts games and protests at others but dosent seem to want change.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DI Mike Dashwood

I totally agree with you Arnu, as you will see from several other posts I have made. I have never really said what I think is best or right outcome on any of this and also agree that some of the personal insults about various people don't reflect well on anyone.

But that doesn't mean I don't care about the outcome or what happens in the future, and I think there are many in same boat.
Adrian

So this thread titled, "The reality..." should really be "Some things I think could happen, but am mostly just guessing about..."
Phippo

Ironically this is how things may work out. On Saturday we MAY progress to the first round proper of the FA cup, and get a chance of making money (especially if it gets live tv coverage). On Monday Glen Tamplin takes the next step towards getting control of the club. While all the intricacies are being sorted out, we progress in the cup and a money spinning tie in the 3rd round! The need to have a backer pumping money into the club is no longer a necessity, but too late! Well I know I'm letting my imagination run a little wild, but I didn't start it! :D :D
The Romford Dagger

Adrian wrote:So this thread titled, "The reality..." should really be "Some things I think could happen, but am mostly just guessing about..."
Ha, that's about the strength of it.
durnzo

I think I might be a bit backwards Cos from what can see its a case of staying in business or not. A case of whether you believe the finances are as bad as is being reported. All this "family" club bollocks (a wonderful idea, but it would appear that the family isn't big enough to keep the club alive.) Is irrelevant. Everyone agrees we need more supporters, but wants to be picky about who they are. I can't stand the orange people but if it's a choice between a few of them and administration then surely the latter is preferrable??? The bar staff getting the launching pad to be replaced by Steel fixers??? Not the steel fixers I've met. They earn far too much for a start. This is spinning my nut!!!!

If you want to protest that's fine, that's everybody's right. If you're pro/anti tamplin that's your right too, I've got splinters in my arse where I'm so firmly on the fence because I can't decide which information to believe. But if we could keep it to actual facts and look at what's best for the survival of the club that'd please me no end. Of course it's everyone's right to tell me to go and ****** myself so I may be going round in a circle here. Is that the walls closing in!!!
bearaab

Zzzzzzzzzz
Dagger83

durnzo wrote:I can't stand the orange people but if it's a choice between a few of them and administration then surely the latter is preferrable?
Harsh. Very harsh.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

2 more days and this will all be over
Phippo

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:2 more days and this will all be over
I very much doubt that!