The reality...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
admin
Site Admin

NBDag wrote:Admin- you've mentioned that you want Tamplin to bring in a new marketing approach to attract new fans, but then you go on to criticise his connections to these TOWIE muppets. Do you not see the irony?
Whether it's your thing or not, that show is incredibly successful and people love it. The people on it have millions of followers each on Twitter. How's that for a marketing opportunity, eh? Through these connections we have our best platform to go out and advertise ourself to the biggest amount of people. I don't care if their fans are fake-tanning pretty boys or whatever, their money is no different to the piss-drippers that we have over here already.
Surely that's weighing up pros and cons.

Pro - It will bring in a fresh marketing approach and potentially more money

Con - The potential for new fans coming in could be "fake-tanning pretty boys or whatever" and that isn't proper of our club and has potential to take the heart and soul out of the club.

I'm putting a fair debate for the pros and cons to this. What I'm saying is, use that to make your final decision if your for or against Tamplin. So no I'm contradicting myself
ARNU

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!

Oh and:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz again !

And did I mention :

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

Genuine question:

Apart from about 5 people on here and maybe 50 altogether on either side, who actually cares about this whole issue ?

If someone wants to waste a bit of money on a 5 th tier football club why would we stop them ? Whoever it is.
steeevooo

I suppose that for people that follow other clubs too then they probably don't care so much about what happens, since they will always have another team to follow. For people like myself who only follow the Daggers then yes, we do care, since if it follows the example of numerous other non-league teams in similar situations and goes tits up, then we won't have a club to follow. And I'd consider that a reasonably big deal.

Also - I will agree with Merge that the 6 points raised by the East's in their withdrawl (sic) letter must be raised and dealt with at the EGM to put in sufficient safeguards and generate enough understanding of how the process will work.
The Romford Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:
DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Merge, without revealing your sources, could you maybe provide a bit more colour around points 1, 2 and 3??

I am neither an in or outer but those points would concern me if true. At the moment however they read like arguments from both sides of the Brexit campaign in all honesty.

For instance, what job would Simmo lose?? His job on the Board or his job with the photos??
You have to remember that as soon as the takeover happens, the club ceases to be a members club and then becomes a business.

1. It is in Tamplin's bid. These people are not named as directors or part of the board. I don't know about the photos.

2. This is what merging the Supporters Club with the Members of the club will mean in reality. The merger of the two is mentioned in Tamplin's bid.
Do you honestly believe that Tamplin would cosy up to people who do not want him there?

3. Mentioned by Tamplin, partly about giving Thommo help. What do you think 'bringing in people to help Thommo' would mean in reality? Some people will lose their jobs. I know a number of people within the club are worried about their jobs.

To the other comments re the 'me bringing up the club shirts' re the charity game. I had no objection to it being a charity game or the club loaning the shirts. But I do take issue as to how those people behave in those club shirts in a FAMILY game, at our FAMILY club. Had I not been away I would probably have been there and taken my 9 year old nephew and 14 year old niece - after all, it was advertised as a family charity day to help a worthwhile cause concerning a child. How would I have explained to them the first photo? Do you really think that this was acceptable behaviour at a family game? Yes, West and Co might be pleased to see their name in the national press, but does this photo really fit with their image as Dagenham's oldest business? (I notice they haven't retweeted any of the press links, as any normal business would do). I couldn't see our club mentioned by name, only that the game was held in 'Redbridge', but then I didn't look too hard.

Re the Towie people having 'millions of followers' on twitter. As any PR will tell you that having 'millions of followers' does not necessarily mean anything these days and it takes a lot to turn that into cash.
Also Towie is sinking in popularity (found out by google; never watched it) and the last series got around 800,000. I was searching for information on demographics but couldn't find any reliable stats.
But by doing this we are alienating our core market, our core supporters. If I wasn't a fan, would I go to the club because of Towie, no I would not. Would I go into the clubhouse because Towie people were there? No, I'd probably go elsewhere. We've said for ages the club needs to act more commercially, but there are ways of doing this without selling your soul to Tamplin.

I find comments that 'I'm turning people towards Tamplin' as rather silly. I am not digging for the sake of digging; I am letting people know what is really going on as much as possible, without disclosing my sources. These are sources that are very close to the situation, far closer than I am, which is why they do not want to be named. Look at the facts. Look through the bid. Look at the issues the Easts raise in their withdrawal letter, which seems to have got buried elsewhere.
Our final request is to urge members to require the Board to obtain and provide the following information, whether legally documented, (1 and 2 below) discussed and answered at the General Meeting (3, 4 and 5 below) or arranged without delay (6 below).

1 Details of any safeguards to ensure that no board member can gain control by buying another’s shares;
2 Confirmation of the type of guarantees to be given to ensure that future funds will be forthcoming;
3 A breakdown of the individual payments in each of the three stages;
4 Confirmation to the members of all the detailed due diligence undertaken on Glenn Tamplin;
5 The provision of full information on and CVs of the three new members of the consortium; and
6 Arranging at short notice a fans forum before the vote.

So Tamplin sorts out a charity game, invites loads of celebs (mostly reality stars admittedly) but ONE pulls her top up.

You then use that as a way of knocking Tamplin despite him raising a huge sum in what will save the boys life or improve it dramatically.

But yet you use this as an argument AGAINST Tamplin because of the actions of one celebrity. And then wonder why people struggle to see your good points that you raise (which you do make - granted) because of stuff like this.
NBDag

Merge- so because one celebrity has allegedly done it (according to some 2 bob website) that means all others have? But even if all of those towie people have bought 20% of their followers it's still a shit load and a great opportunity. Don't deny it because you know it is.

Point 1 is unfeasible. What's the point of having shares if no one can buy them. It may seem practical but it is against what business is about. And if someone wanted to they could easily get around it. From what I've seen 2,3 and 4 have been satisfied. I don't get what you stand to gain from 5. And 6 would be nice i'll admit that. But the way people like you act on here, can you blame them for avoiding it? It'll be 3 hours of you standing up going "Tamplin out" "Anyone fancy a protest next week about Tamplin's new haircut?".

Admin- what's ripping the heart and soul out of our supposed FAMILY club is that we don't want people being fans because they like a TV show. We used to say we were all about being accepting to everyone and being a community. Now we're rejecting the idea of people being fans because they like a show. Do we need to make a Daggers against Towieism day as well as our anti-racism events?
DI Mike Dashwood

Merge, just going back to point three of the original post and then the subsequent reply from yourself, how are you sure people will lose their jobs??? I would imagine if a more modern and progressive approach is put in to areas like the bar then there would eventually be job creation rather than job reductions?? And can you say why if the current people are not up to the job, and I am in no way saying that is my view, why they should not come under the same scrutiny from the likes of yourself as Thommo and Burnett do/did?(

With regards to the TOWIE stuff I don't give a to$$ either way about it.

And Arnu, a lot of people care. Just because they might not all agree I would say there are a huge number who care. Like Steveoo I don't support another team at all so I genuinely care what happens. And I would say you do to or you wouldn't be on here!! Just your latest theme to go with in pretending you don't care
admin
Site Admin

NB DAG - I'm allowed my opinion, and my opinion I don't really want TOWIE sorts walking around the club. That's my personal opinion, if someone wants a different one, it's up to them. It won't change my opinion.

As for the Daggers against Towieism day idea, I think it's a great idea, would happily sponsor the match that day :lol:
Chigwellian

People say that we shouldn't call him a liar without proof...

Well, maybe its not Tamplin himself, but it is Tamplin's entourage.

1. Allegedly, Tamplins son was verbally abused.... I wasn't there, but many posters have dismissed this as a false allegation

2. Tamplins white jag man, accusing the protesters of scratching his car.

These two examples may seem petty, but a liar is always a liar
The Romford Dagger

admin wrote:NB DAG - I'm allowed my opinion, and my opinion I don't really want TOWIE sorts walking around the club. That's my personal opinion, if someone wants a different one, it's up to them. It won't change my opinion.

As for the Daggers against Towieism day idea, I think it's a great idea, would happily sponsor the match that day :lol:
There definetely are some sorts on Towie..
Alan

Auntie Merge wrote:.

1. It is in Tamplin's bid. These people are not named as directors or part of the board. I don't know about the photos.

2. This is what merging the Supporters Club with the Members of the club will mean in reality. The merger of the two is mentioned in Tamplin's bid.
Do you honestly believe that Tamplin would cosy up to people who do not want him there?

3. Mentioned by Tamplin, partly about giving Thommo help. What do you think 'bringing in people to help Thommo' would mean in reality? Some people will lose their jobs. I know a number of people within the club are worried about their jobs.
Merge, you were very strongly in favour of the Easts bid, so I find the first two points rather odd.

1. Both bids proposed radically altered boards - Simmo wasn't on either of them. You were not protesting about this when backing the Easts.

2. Both bids propose exploring BUT NOT imposing merger of the supporters club and membership. You were not protesting about this when you were backing the Easts.

3. I do not understand how you construe saying giving Thommo help to mean sacking staff. Tamplin said in his interview:

"My belief is that Steve has been doing too much, trying to run everything. I think maybe he is a great number two but he's been being a number one, and not being guided correctly. I would hope to be the one that guides him in the right direction. There is no doubt at all that Steve is passionate about this club and has a lot of talent and that is something I would look to make use of. Steve's communications skills may leave a little to be desired, but that can be managed."

But if it turns out that some staff were not up to the job (including Thommo) would you argue against replacing them?
ARNU

MikeDashwood.
I don't support another club,occasionally watch WHU but my heart is here and has been 10 years or so. I care a little bit about this current issue but only in as much as I'd still like D&R to continue existing. My point earlier is really aimed at a handful of people who'd have you believe their entire lives depended on any outcome. I see it as we are financially in a dire situation and any investment would be welcome. All this Bollox about towie and fake tans is nauseating as are all these armchair accountants who all also have a degree in running a football club yet neither turn up or invest theirselves are boring me to death too. It seems people want change as long as there isn't any. So forgive my flippancy but I still believe the vast majority of the 1200 that still bother will be as apathetic about it all as me.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:MikeDashwood.
I don't support another club,occasionally watch WHU but my heart is here and has been 10 years or so. I care a little bit about this current issue but only in as much as I'd still like D&R to continue existing. My point earlier is really aimed at a handful of people who'd have you believe their entire lives depended on any outcome. I see it as we are financially in a dire situation and any investment would be welcome. All this Bollox about towie and fake tans is nauseating as are all these armchair accountants who all also have a degree in running a football club yet neither turn up or invest theirselves are boring me to death too. It seems people want change as long as there isn't any. So forgive my flippancy but I still believe the vast majority of the 1200 that still bother will be as apathetic about it all as me.
But a lot of people live their lives around the club.

There is one old boy who I shall not name but a few people will know him, his wife is gravely ill they have no children. His only relief from that is the daggers and his friends at the club. He comes each home game to watch and a few beers as a relief from his unfortunate home circumstances. If the club does not exist then that would be terrible for him.

My point being its not just about what happens on the pitch, the clubs is so much more. This is the part you do not get, you come on a Saturday five to three and go home at five to five and have no other interaction. I'm not digging you out for this just trying to explain.
ARNU

Well that's all very emotional but how many fans like that have we got. D&R is not the only watering hole in Dagenham and as long as the club still exists I'm sure there will still be a bar for him to prop up whoever owns it. I accept there are people like that who like the community / social aspect of the club but I can't see how Tamplin owning the club will affect them adversely in any tangible way. I doubt this old boy will be out there demonstrating and I'd have to ask him what he's protesting about if he still can drink socially ion the bar like normal. Is the tamplin bid gonna ruin his drinking social life ? Sorry you might have to make it clearer to me.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:Well that's all very emotional but how many fans like that have we got. D&R is not the only watering hole in Dagenham and as long as the club still exists I'm sure there will still be a bar for him to prop up whoever owns it. I accept there are people like that who like the community / social aspect of the club but I can't see how Tamplin owning the club will affect them adversely in any tangible way. I doubt this old boy will be out there demonstrating and I'd have to ask him what he's protesting about if he still can drink socially ion the bar like normal. Is the tamplin bid gonna ruin his drinking social life ? Sorry you might have to make it clearer to me.
Tamplin taking over might even make his drinking hole a nicer place to visit as I underrstand it. Of course he'll have to climb over the piles of spray tanned TOWIE stars to actually get a beer....